N-Europe

Zelda Hyrule Historia Artbook

Retro_Link

One of the biggest complaints about Skyward Sword was how it was structurally different to other Zelda games.

Really? My man gripe was that it was too similar.

Intro -> 3 dungeons -> plot development -> travel world to get 'x' amount of gems -> Plot finishes.

Yeah, there areas before dungeons which were more 'old Zelda' style (ie. the world acted like a dungeon too) but I can't remember anyone complaining about that.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? My man gripe was that it was too similar.

Intro -> 3 dungeons -> plot development -> travel world to get 'x' amount of gems -> Plot finishes.

Yeah, there areas before dungeons which were more 'old Zelda' style (ie. the world acted like a dungeon too) but I can't remember anyone complaining about that.

I think what they meant by structurally different was how the "layout" was changed in the sense that there were only 3 main areas with mass repeating.

I truly cannot believe people give a shit about this retarded crap. The Zelda "story" is like a dog turd that over the ages has been wind worn to a fine crust and embossed the pavement, evoking a nod of disgust from the sane and rabid fandom from the clinically impaired.

Well excuuuuse me, princess!

(srsly suprised nobody else said that yet)

Of course, I jest. I can see your points about the franchise, but I personally have always enjoyed seeing the 'official' art for Zeldas - hoping this might have quite a bit of that in it too. It has always been a series quite close to my heart as well, and that's why I'm buying this - even knowing it's a silly price to pay for it.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, there goes my Collectors Edition order from Amazon. Had a feeling they would end up cancelling. Knew I should have preordered on Forbidden Planet as well.

Going to have to try instore now I guess.

have they cancelled orders? :shakehead

EDIT

oh god damn they have done!?! where the hell am i going to get it now?

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Well, there goes my Collectors Edition order from Amazon. Had a feeling they would end up cancelling. Knew I should have preordered on Forbidden Planet as well.

Going to have to try instore now I guess.

Same, crushed to see the e-mail this morning. Absolutely fucking gutted. I know its their rights etc, but it's such a cunt because when you've got an LE preordered somewhere you don't consider needing to go elsewhere. Amazon have really let me down :(

(btw why has this suddenly ended up in gen chit chat, was so confused looking through wii forums!)

AH frak sake, I got the cancelled email too :mad:

NOT HAPPY....GGGGGRRRRRRR

Anyone have a line on where else I might order from :(

EDIT:

Trying to see if teh Forbidden Planet store in Dublin will get teh LE in stock...if not guess I'll have to settle on the normal version :(

DAMN YOU AMAZON!!!!!!

EDIT2:

Just checked Amazon.com just in case...they only have a "notifiy me" option for teh LE not even a pre-order option :(

DAMN YOU AMAZON!!!!!!

A lot of it is Dark Horse really, situation in the US seems to have been a lot worse.

Amazon UK weren't listed as a retailer that were selling it, but figure'd they just be pulling stock from Amazon US but they ran out of allocation probably. Or thought they would be getting stock and didn't.

Just heard back from Forbidden Planets Dublin store, said they aren't 100% but said "it's looking very likey that we will"

That sound promising... just sent them a message asking if I could pre-order a copy or if they'd need me to be in store to do it.