NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

Out of interest, have you reached the clickers (outside the protected area of the city)? That's when you get your first taste at the full gameplay.

No, I've just got to the girl and I'm taking her to meet the other woman in the tunnel. So still early. Literally just got to the girl

I'd say that the gameplay is more like a tactical stealth game than a generic shooter. The game gets harder later on and just going in shooting isn't a valid tactic. You have to figure out how best to utilise the items you pick up along the way to take out as many as possible, before resorting to some pretty claustrophobic shooting. There are straight shooting bits once in a while, but they break up the pace nicely IMO.

The way I'd clear areas back when I played it: Stay hidden enough to figure out who was around, figure out how I could take out as many of the infected without getting spotted/hurt, find the best place to carry out the plan, then mop up any stragglers afterwards (which was often more than I bargained for).

I'd say stick with it until you have a few experiences with the infected, then decide whether or not to carry on.

Cheers @Goafer I'm definitely going to stick with it. I find the gameplay a bit dull in the shooting sections, but I did with Uncharted and I loved them. I have no doubt I'll love it, just surprised if a lot of the gameplay was like this.

And @Magnus That's exactly what I think I'll do - same with Metal Gear, Splinter Cell, Batman, anything I need to be stealthy!

The way I handled most situations was that I'd be stealthy, manage to get a few people, get spotted, fight, run away then return to being stealthy. And repeat.

So it is just generic cover and shoot gameplay and not like the opening sequence?

If that's what you take from the first couple hours, then pretty much, yeah.

It's very expensive. Although I was looking forward to this I will not pay that price.

How much is it, I can only see a US price?

(Well, $20 included in the season pass), but yeah, I'd pay £15 for this or whatever.

Am I the only person who played this?

Finished it yesterday and it was wonderful - it's only a couple of hours long but it's Naughty Dog doing what they do best.

Holy shit, Left Behind was amazing. Worth every penny. I was hesitant to get it because of the price but fuck, I should have got it sooner. It's probably the first time I've played DLC that fed so seamlessly into the original game, compliment it and not also feel like the original game was lacking for not featuring it.

In fact, I want to play through The Last of Us again now because of what happens in Left Behind.

...Seriously, so good.

Another confirmation that a PS4 version is heading our way.

While Sony hasn’t confirmed plans for the release of The Last of Us for PS4, something interesting appeared on the website of the Spanish retailer Xtralife: The Last of Us Complete Editon, as discovered by Twitter user Hero of Time.

The release date is listed as June 19th, that isn’t exactly “summer” as hinted by previous leaks, but it’s close enough.

Of course this is not an official confirmation, but it’s definitely an interesting piece of the puzzle. We’ll have to wait and see if it’ll turn out to be true.

Pretty much a year from the original release then. Shame this has been leaked. I imagine Sony would have shown this at E3 and say it would be out the following week.

Well, gives me a chance to play this fine title. One re-make i'm happy with for a change.

Looks like we've not seen the last of The Last of Us.

the-last-of-us-remastered.jpg

Looks like we've not seen the last of The Last of Us.

the-last-of-us-remastered.jpg

Hmmm your pic wasn't working so here you are.

lou-610x224.png

A banner advertisement on the Sony Entertainment Network online store has revealed the remastered edition's existence. We suspect the news has come a little earlier than intended, as the banner currently links to a "page not found" error; we've included a screenshot above, just in case it gets taken down.

The Last of Us: Remastered will cost $60.

Last month, a PlayStation rep for the Eurasian region said that a PS4 version of The Last of Us was on its way, scheduled for a summer release. He revealed that it would come with the Left Behind DLC, and that copies would be available in both physical and digital download forms.

The Last of Us launched on PlayStation 3 in June 2013; it sold six million copies and easily won IGN's 2013 Game of the Year award. Left Behind was released a couple of months ago, but unfortunately, no other story-based single-player DLC is planned for the series.

Sweet, just needs a EU release date and i'm sold.

Edit: And it's set for June 27th 2014. Put my pre-order down, 2 months to go then i can play this masterpiece.

Edited by Jimbob

New maps are fab - anybody else tried them?

Anyway this made me crack up!

Between patch 1.07 and the release of the latest "Grounded" DLC there was a short time frame where you could see some unreleased objects and gestures. Naughty Dog was really fast at taking all the stuff down, but nevertheless some people ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) managed to record it. Official release date is yet to be announced.

This gesture is called "The GIF". Here's how it looks like:

196fuarapyylmgif.gif

Look familiar?

ixB1uCR.gif

198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

f97.gif

YoshidaDoesBanderas.gif?57efa4

For those that play the multiplayer, what are your opinions of it?

It's fantastic, if you like Socom you'll love it!

I love great video game stories. Today, the narrative potential of our medium has never been greater. The best video games blend world-class acting, writing, music and gameplay to create art that rivals the best works in other entertainment mediums.

To celebrate that point, I’m excited to announce an experimental project I’ve been working on with Naughty Dog and PlayStation.

On Monday 28th July, one of last year’s most acclaimed games, The Last of Us, will come to the theatrical stage in Los Angeles for a special one-night-only performance.

One Night Live will highlight the artistry behind The Last of Us with a live reading of select scenes by the principal actors, under the direction of Neil Druckmann from Naughty Dog. Scheduled to appear are Troy Baker, Ashley Johnson, Merle Dandridge, Hana Hayes, and Annie Wersching. In addition, Academy Award winning composer Gustavo Santaolalla will perform selections from his score. How this all fits together will remain a bit of a mystery until it happens, but trust me when I say it will be a very special evening.