NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

So I've just met up with Ellie for the first time and have enjoyed stealth killing people... having just played Splinter Cell Blacklist I'm in stealth-mode anyhow! Haha

It looks pretty on my projector!

So I've just met up with Ellie for the first time and have enjoyed stealth killing people... having just played Splinter Cell Blacklist I'm in stealth-mode anyhow! Haha

Mate...

SPOILER TAG before you reveal anymore! Haha! Who the fuck is Ellie!?

Edited by Blade

Who the fuck is Ellie!?
Someone who loves getting on the pallet. :laughing:

That still in this version? :hehe:

Someone who loves getting on the pallet. :laughing:

That still in this version? :hehe:

Yeah. That line cracks me up everytime. :D

Finished my second playthrough last night but still didn't manage to upgrade Joel fully or his weapons. I was 10 pills short! I'll leave a 3rd playthrough on normal for later as my next task is to finish it on the grounded difficulty.

I also played some more online matches. Really starting to enjoy this now I've got to grips with it.

I've been trying to go stealth first. Dat strangulation.

Mate...

Ellie is the robot alien from Jupiter that you try to return to her home planet.

Yeah. That line cracks me up everytime. :D

Finished my second playthrough last night but still didn't manage to upgrade Joel fully or his weapons. I was 10 pills short! I'll leave a 3rd playthrough on normal for later as my next task is to finish it on the grounded difficulty.

I also played some more online matches. Really starting to enjoy this now I've got to grips with it.

SECOND playthrough? There's me slugging away with my first go. :p Feelsbadman.jpeg

I've got the hang of this now and used a certain weapon for the first time:

Used my first Molotov cocktail yesterday. Did it on a small group of clickers, watched them buuuuurn. Was extremely satisfying. Met my very first bloater yesterday and found that enjoyable. Used two cocktails on that, too!

Burn, bitch, burn!

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Mate...

You live under a fucking rock I swear!

Used my first Molotov cocktail yesterday. Did it on a small group of clickers, watched them buuuuurn. Was extremely satisfying. Met my very first bloater yesterday and found that enjoyable. Used two cocktails on that, too!

Burn, bitch, burn!

Did you happen to get killed by that enemy? The death animation always makes me squirm.

Did you happen to get killed by that enemy? The death animation always makes me squirm.

Multiple times.

Ine is watching the game with me. We had popcorn yesterday. :D She basically acts as a lookout for me in the game and gave me tips on where the fucker was when certain things happened:

When the two other infected come into the room. I don't think I spotted them the first time, so I was confused when they suddenly popped up. On the second time, after my inevitable death, I saw their place of entry so tried to take care of them first, ended up getting killed again by the bloater.

The death animation is horrific! I accidentally burned myself either by its...acidic stomach bile thing that it shoots out or by my own molotov when I walked into it by mistake, but it grabbed me and my skin was all char-grilled. Wasn't very pretty.

The part with the car soon afterwards was fun. I struggle with the hand gun, the aiming is a bitch. Definitely will need to upgrade that weapon sway ability. Just can't get used to them aiming in this. The enemies are too quick.

Haha. Awesome little story. I can just see you guys now, huddled up on a chair, eating popcorn and playing this. :D

Yeah, the way the enemies move/stagger about doesn't help and add the speed issue into the equation and they become quite hard to hit. It's even worse when you get swarmed by them. Things just seem to come out of the woodwork.

This is what I'm like, but with less ammo. :)

Haha. Awesome little story. I can just see you guys now, huddled up on a chair, eating popcorn and playing this. :D

Yeah, the way the enemies move/stagger about doesn't help and add the speed issue into the equation and they become quite hard to hit. It's even worse when you get swarmed by them. Things just seem to come out of the woodwork.

This is what I'm like, but with less ammo. :)

In fairness, if these infected were right there in front of us, we probably wouldn't have a chance in hitting them. Hitting a moving target takes a lot of skill.

The way that they run and scream is HORRIBLE. We were going to the school and there were one or two of the runners that were just stood there, making horrible, horrible sounds. I LOVE the way that they run towards you, it reminds me of the infected in 28 Days Later.

:D

Yeah, it's an enjoyable experience. It's probably the way that we'll do it for games that Ine might be interested in for the story, but won't necessarily play by herself. It's been a while since we've done this since we either take it in turns to play games (she's playing Strider, so I'll use the internet or play guitar or something) or we'll do co-op or something.

I've been really enjoying just spending a couple of hours a night playing this. :)

I didn't quite 'get it' on the PS3 plus it was the game that nearly killed my original 60GB NTSC PS3 but now on my whisper quiet PS4 the timing has never been better and I'm enjoying it so much. :D

Oh and naturally because this is my first ever 'proper' playthrough I'm playing it on Grounded difficulty from the very start... :awesome:

...at this rate I should finish it within a week but I'm enjoying it so it's cool. : peace:

Shit in my pants.

I'm at the section of the game where I've got the truck and have been ambushed. I've done all that section, made my way into the hotel and have been separated from Ellie.

That section where you need to find the key card and turn the generator on. I did the first part all fine, took out the four or five stalkers (think they were stalkers, not runners) and turned the generator on. Suddenly, music changes and I hear that horrible clicker sound. I decided to just GO FOR EET and fucking ran from where the generator was, up the rubble to the gap in the ceiling and through the door where you need the key card.

I had NO idea where the clicker was. I could just hear it. I ran into a stalker or a runner or something near to the door, took one swipe at it to knock it back and just carried on. Luckily, it was a relatively simple path from the generator to the door, but...fuark, my heart.

Out of curiosity, can someone tell me roughly what percentage of the way that I'm through the game?

I think you're just under half way through, Flinky. That chapter you are on is one of the longest.

I'm nearing the end of my 3rd playthrough ( Grounded difficulty this time ) . Grounded is such a different experience than playing it on normal. Everything is so tense and with you getting killed with a couple of hits you really have to be on your guard.

The Pittsburgh chapter has been the hardest so far as you are forced to engage with the enemy, rather than just sneaky by or pegging it.

The worst is behind me though as I'm playing it backwards and have only the first 4 chapters to do once I get in from work.

Shit in my pants.

I'm at the section of the game where I've got the truck and have been ambushed. I've done all that section, made my way into the hotel and have been separated from Ellie.

That section where you need to find the key card and turn the generator on. I did the first part all fine, took out the four or five stalkers (think they were stalkers, not runners) and turned the generator on. Suddenly, music changes and I hear that horrible clicker sound. I decided to just GO FOR EET and fucking ran from where the generator was, up the rubble to the gap in the ceiling and through the door where you need the key card.

I had NO idea where the clicker was. I could just hear it. I ran into a stalker or a runner or something near to the door, took one swipe at it to knock it back and just carried on. Luckily, it was a relatively simple path from the generator to the door, but...fuark, my heart.

I've just read this back and noticed something. Did you not encounter the Bloater there? I guess you just ran past him! :D

I was stuck for a while on that last night. I ended up finding out where the runners spawned and then placing bombs around so that they triggered when they landed. I then cocktailed the Bloaters sorry butt.

@Fierce_LiNk I'm very much enjoying your updates. I did exactly the same thing in that section.

What you don't know is that you popped up on the lower left of the screen in holographic form, uttering the words "Run, Jim. Trust your feelings."

I've just read this back and noticed something. Did you not encounter the Bloater there? I guess you just ran past him!

I was stuck for a while on that last night. I ended up finding out where the runners spawned and then placing bombs around so that they triggered when they landed. I then cocktailed the Bloaters sorry butt.

U fucking wot M8?

I did NOT know that. Now I'm glad I just ran for it. Are you sure it was there? Super certain?

U fucking wot M8?

I did NOT know that. Now I'm glad I just ran for it. Are you sure it was there? Super certain?

Yup, he's there...

I tried pegging it and as I was opening the door he grabbed me and tore my face off. Lovely stuff.

Yup, he's there...

I tried pegging it and as I was opening the door he grabbed me and tore my face off. Lovely stuff.

Well...fuck.

I'm even more amazed that I made it then because I whoooshed past this runner/stalker/whatever the fuck it was (it was dark, I was running and desperate to get the fuck out) (the one I mentioned that I hit earlier) and hit the button for the key card. I expected the door to open automatically, so stood there waiting for a good five or six seconds before realising that I had to open the door myself. Gah. It could have had me then! Shit.

I told you there would be one there haha. What with all the spores, you just knew it was coming (even though we didn't even catch a glimpse of it, somehow)!

I told you there would be one there haha. What with all the spores, you just knew it was coming (even though we didn't even catch a glimpse of it, somehow)!

I thought it was just the game trying to make you think there might be something there. Can't believe we didn't see it, not exactly easy to miss. Glad we ran now. :D

That section you're all talking about.

I was just scared...When I powered up the generator and heard the fucking screams, clicks and bloater noises...I ran. I was so fucking desperate, I wanted to get out, to leave the place because I knew I didn't have the supplies to fight.

So I ran...past runners, past clickers, seen the bloater...My heart was racing.

And when I reached the card reader I slammed the triangle button. So. Many. Fucking. Times.

Writing this story gets my pulse up again :D

What an awesome experience.

Nicely done.

I need to start on Survivor first. However, I've borrowed Wolfenstein from a mate. So that will be my focus now :p

Just finished the Left Behind story for the first time as I never had it on the PS3. A little on the short side but it's quite a touching story.

I've jumped on to the multiplayer and only managed to get one game before the servers started acting up. I can't find squat now. They really need to get these sorted!