NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

It is a real shame you haven't enjoyed it like a lot of us on here have.

Some games just don't click with certain players, like me with Wind Waker for example. That game bored me to death at times.

You up for a bit of multiplayer one night this week?

@Hero\-of\-Time, @Blade?

Sorry, bud. I got my platinum and traded it in.

Those Clickers do my head in. Ive been trying to navigate my way round through this darkened room where there is loads of them but constantly die.

Those Clickers do my head in. Ive been trying to navigate my way round through this darkened room where there is loads of them but constantly die.

Crouch and walk very slowly, as you get close, you can knife them.

I'm not sure if I would advocate running all of the time. :laughing:

Use your "listening mode" ability to see which enemies are close by. Think about what you're going to do before you do it, that really makes things much easier than playing it by ear. The way that I had success with this game was where I planned out my attacks before I did it, which enemy I was going to hit first, what I would do then. If you run, it would be a good idea if you knew roughly where you were running to. You may find it easier to sneak past enemies rather than running past them.

Woot woot!

Naughty Dog is launching a pretty big update today, for the upgraded and revised version of The Last of US on PlayStation 4, adding a bunch of new content to the game's online multiplayer mode.

The Last of Us Remastered Patch 1.08 adds quite a few new items to the Factions multiplayer mode, including the Variable, Scoped Semi-Auto, Scoper Full-Auto and Scoped Burst rifles, alongside a collection of various loadout presets and weapon-specific missions.

Furthermore, the update also paves the road for the two free maps that will come out later this week, alongside additional fixes, including an update meant to improve matchmaking times.

The maps will be delivered for free "in appreciation for all of your continued patience" regarding the various issues that the game's online matchmaking system has experienced, and are headed for both the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game.

PlayStation 3 owners are not forgotten, and the last-gen edition of The Last of Us is also seeing a new patch, implementing a rather lengthy list of balance tweaks and miscellaneous fixes, in order to bring it up to par with the PlayStation 4 version.

"For PS3 players, patch 1.08 will be made available globally over the next 24 hours. PS4 will a get live update during this time," Naughty Dog said.

I do need to try the Multiplayer.

In other news I finally passed the part I was stuck on. Only took about 30 deaths though. That chuffin woman and little girl who keeps following me about kept getting in me road!!

I do need to try the Multiplayer.

You do it's great - still looking to play with you lot as a 4 man squad. Can't wait to try the new free maps.

Is the online cross platform? I only have the ps3 version.

Nope, you'll need to get a PS4 to play with the cool kids.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

*EDIT* new maps are up - they're good!

Edited by Cookyman

Wish I could give the multiplayer another bash right naw, not that I didn't play it a ton at the time.

Unch 4 though.... sheeeeit, that's gonna be insane.

I've finished Left Behind.

Wow, that was really bluddy good! Depressed as fuck at the ending, but I loved the whole thing. The highlight for me was that fairground horses bit where you have the gorgeous lighting and the small joke book + photo booth section that comes next. Beautiful.

It feels like another chapter or so of the game. I enjoyed every second of it.

But, now there's the downside. I want/need moar.

You tried the multiplayer mode yet @kav82 & @Blade didn't seem too fond of it though.

I haven't tried it and know nothing about it. Still haven't tried Tomb Raider's multiplayer either.

I'm all about the single player for this game, but if the multiplayer is decent, then that's a big bonus.

You tried the multiplayer mode yet @kav82 & @Blade didn't seem too fond of it though.

I loved it to bits. It's all about team work, positioning and being stealthy. It makes a nice change from running and gunning. The only thing I don't care for is just how overpowered the bow is.

It's alright, but nothing to write home about. Distinctly average I'd say.

Finished it today, loved all of it. Won't go into too much detail about the ending as a) it's probably already been dissected a lot on here and b) you probably don't care about my opinion:heh: but...

I would have liked to have been given the choice for whether or not to take Ellie from the operating theatre.

The open endedness of Joel possibly lying to Ellie about whether there are others like her, the Fireflies no longer looking for a cure as well as Joel having another father/daughter like relationship leaves the game open for debate and hopefully a sequel on the cards.

So many great, powerful moments from beginning to end. Even as someone who does not usually like 'zombie' games this is one of the best single player games I've ever played.

Not sure if I'll dig deep into the multiplayer, just time really as there are other games to get out of the way before the Winter onslaught.

Finished it today, loved all of it. Won't go into too much detail about the ending as a) it's probably already been dissected a lot on here and b) you probably don't care about my opinion:heh: but...

I would have liked to have been given the choice for whether or not to take Ellie from the operating theatre.

That would've ruined it. RedShell shared your opinion and I made the following reply. The post got loads of likes and can thus be considered the sharpened and correct view.

I'm not sure why gamers feel entitled to multiple endings. In The Last of Us you're playing the character of Joel, and this is his story, it's conclusive and finite. I thought it was the perfect ending because it was surprising and thought-provoking. If we were given more than one ending we wouldn't be left with a character at all, because we'd assume responsibility - you can't project your own values onto Joel as he is clearly defined.

I wasn't comfortable when NaughtyDog shelved my volition in the last gameplay scene, but that's the point. It does raise a good question about agency in games and what it means to the story but blah

Yeah, I see your point. In a way then, I'd have preferred if that section was handled as a cutscene instead of being in control.

I've finished Left Behind.

Wow, that was really bluddy good! Depressed as fuck at the ending, but I loved the whole thing. The highlight for me was that fairground horses bit where you have the gorgeous lighting and the small joke book + photo booth section that comes next. Beautiful.

Dude, that highlight you were talking about:

wZDpRMB.jpg

Here are three of my favourite shots I took:

9tycFiM.jpg

iltkWNm.jpg

R5cPPT4.jpg

The game looks so good. I can't wait to see what Naughty Dog has in store for Uncharted 4.