NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

I'm still plugging away and have just reached:

Winter.

So far, I'm loving it all. Had a great, great moment earlier in the game where I took out an area with a bloater and numerous clickers by using the nail bomb and flamethrower. So satisfying. :D

That whole section just before winter was ace. A great little chapter, in all. I'm really rooting for Ellie now and she really develops as a character as the game progresses. :)

I'm still plugging away and have just reached:

Winter.

So far, I'm loving it all. Had a great, great moment earlier in the game where I took out an area with a bloater and numerous clickers by using the nail bomb and flamethrower. So satisfying. :D

That whole section just before winter was ace. A great little chapter, in all. I'm really rooting for Ellie now and she really develops as a character as the game progresses. :)

You're at one of my favourite sections of the game right now.

It finally arrived and boy is this game amazing.

3 hours flew by.

Its the little things that made me smile, the "click" of the torch when turning it on/off coming through the pad mic and having to shake the pad to fix the torch.

Really looking forward to working my way through the story.

Had a good couple of hours on this, this morning.

Lost Tess & just met Bill

I liked Tess, going to be strange not having her with us.

Some good games with @Sexual Chocolate there is your mic bust mate?

I was testing the headset, I think I turned it off at one point. I thought you could hear me at some point?

There seems to be adverts for this on all the time at the moment.. and as much as many of us would like to think commercials don't have any effect on us, I'm getting pretty tempted to invest in the PS3 version for £17.86 on ShopTo :heh:

I have a couple of quid on my ShopTo account to take off the total.. and I'm sure I could get together a couple of things to trade in :indeed:

Edited by nekunando

There seems to be adverts for this on all the time at the moment.. and as much as many of us would like to think commercials don't have any effect on us, I'm getting pretty tempted to invest in the PS3 version for £17.86 on ShopTo :heh:

I have a couple of quid on my ShopTo account to take off the total.. and I'm sure I could get together a couple of things to trade in :indeed:

*waits for the inevitable "I didn't like it/it's over-rated/PES is better" post. ;)

*waits for the inevitable "I didn't like it/it's over-rated/PES is better" post. ;)

I've come to expect this from nando when he plays any game that's after the N64 era. :D

How goes your progress on this Flinky?

I've come to expect this from nando when he plays any game that's after the N64 era. :D

How goes your progress on this Flinky?

I haven't played for a few days for a number of reasons. Went out to see a friend on Friday, Saturday was a complete write-off because our floor was being fixed in our flat and yesterday Ine was playing Strider in the evening as I had been playing Battlefield in the daytime. (only fair really). Should be playing more of this tonight.

Just completed Winter. I take it that I'm at the end of the game?

Haha.. I'd love for that not to be the case, for a change :heh: I liked Uncharted: Drake's Deception and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, so Naughty Dog have certainly delivered for me in the past, but even then those games were never as mindblowingly incredible as they were made out to be, like basically every other game I have played on PS3 :indeed:

I wholeheartedly hope that The Last of Us bucks that trend : peace:

Haha.. I'd love for that not to be the case, for a change :heh: I liked Uncharted: Drake's Deception and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, so Naughty Dog have certainly delivered for me in the past, but even then those games were never as mindblowingly incredible as they were made out to be, like basically every other game I have played on PS3 :indeed:

I wholeheartedly hope that The Last of Us bucks that trend : peace:

If you liked Uncharted 1, 2 or even 3, you'll like this... although like them, it's not as good as has been made out so far in my opinion. Granted it's a good game, but it's not exceptional like people say.

If you liked Uncharted 1, 2 or even 3, you'll like this... .

Not necessarily. I love Uncharted 1 and 2 but could not get on with the stealth gameplay at all in Last of Us.

Another great night on this. Time really does fly by when playing it.

Just got to the radio tower.

Another couple of characters I liked having around, dead...

Looking forward to him meeting up with his brother. Also surprised he hasn't mentioned his daughter at all to Ellie

The price for the PS3 version has increased again on ShopTo so I'll inevitably wait for it go down again in future.. maybe even lower :heh:

I've finished eet.

Dat ending. I like how the scene with him carrying out Ellie mirrored the scene right at the beginning of the game with his daughter.

He was a bit selfish with that final decision to save Ellie instead of letting them use her to find a cure. I can understand why he did it, but he's damned all of mankind. Not sure if Ellie wanted to be saved, especially with how she was acting before the scene with the giraffes.

Not sure if Joel did the right thing or not. Probably not, he saved her for selfish reasons.

Now to start Left Behind.

Also, grounded mode: aware me on this pleaaaase.

I've finished eet.

Now to start Left Behind.

Also, grounded mode: aware me on this pleaaaase.

Don't forget multiplayer!

Once again, another great night on this.

Got to the dam and met up with his brother Tommy.

Nice break from all the shooting or so I thought.

Can't fault having a bit of horse riding in a game.

Ellie finding out and mentioning his daughter to Joel, I wondered when that would get brought up.

Anyway moving on, the high school, best part of the game so far for me. Galloping through the abandoned high school looking for the fireflies. Those monkeys in that room made me jump.

Ellie bringing her A game to save Joel, that was awesome.

Stopped for the night as I started Winter. I don't want this game to end.

I'm still going with my first play-through of this - still on Grounded difficulty - playing an hour or two most nights but recently I seem to have reached another sticking point...

I'm at the part where you're playing as Ellie and I'm in the confined space that's rectangular at the large end with a supporting(?) structure in the middle, stairs leading up to a slightly elevated part, then a long, wide corridor off the main opening so far my strategy is as follows as I know I'm close to beating it...

Wait for first three runners to attack the guy you're with, then stick 'em to conserve ammo

Throw a pre-made nail bomb at the two clickers

Go to corridor halfway back then kill the first runner with an arrow, then second and third with arrows/rifle ammo

Throw brick at clicker then stab it quick

Kill the next three? runners with whatever you like

Back into main area, throwing bricks/melee as they come throw windows until bloater

For the bloater just kill eeeeet! kill eet with firrrrrreeeee! avoid it's attacks while killing the last few infected

I know the end to that part comes right after that but I always end up getting killed somehow, just gotta keep at it. : peace:

Will give it another try tonight as I'm determined to finish this fantastic - yet slightly frustrating - game. :heh:

I'm still going with my first play-through of this - still on Grounded difficulty - playing an hour or two most nights but recently I seem to have reached another sticking point...

I'm at the part where you're playing as Ellie and I'm in the confined space that's rectangular at the large end with a supporting(?) structure in the middle, stairs leading up to a slightly elevated part, then a long, wide corridor off the main opening so far my strategy is as follows as I know I'm close to beating it...

Wait for first three runners to attack the guy you're with, then stick 'em to conserve ammo

Throw a pre-made nail bomb at the two clickers

Go to corridor halfway back then kill the first runner with an arrow, then second and third with arrows/rifle ammo

Throw brick at clicker then stab it quick

Kill the next three? runners with whatever you like

Back into main area, throwing bricks/melee as they come throw windows until bloater

For the bloater just kill eeeeet! kill eet with firrrrrreeeee! avoid it's attacks while killing the last few infected

I know the end to that part comes right after that but I always end up getting killed somehow, just gotta keep at it. : peace:

Will give it another try tonight as I'm determined to finish this fantastic - yet slightly frustrating - game. :heh:

I found it best to keep the bomb and cocktail ready for the Bloater. If that doesn't kill him then a single shot will.

I usually just stayed at the back of the corridor after killing the first wave. You then have plenty on distance between you and the enemies. Just watch out for a couple that will drop next to you.

Don't forget multiplayer!

Soon.jpeg

@Fierce_LiNk, be sure to check out the

Brilliant!

I'm playing through Left Behind. Really enjoying it, so far.

It took me a while to get into the game, especially the aiming. The upgrades REALLY help and I fucking love it when you can improve your weapons or abilities in a game. It made Tomb Raider so playable for myself. Couldn't hit shit at the start of the game. Was hitting things from miles away by the end.

Really enjoyed it. I think it's the perfect length for going through it multiple times, too. :yay:

I've finished eet.

Not sure if Joel did the right thing or not. Probably not, he saved her for selfish reasons.

The right thing? Probably not. That's what makes the ending amazing. It's not right and wrong, fluffy hero stuff. Can a man lose a daughter twice? Once by accident, and then the second time by choice? Who could do that? Loved/hated it.