NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

Probably didn't need to waste 4 bullets trying to kill a crab.....

I had some great games on the multiplayer last night, as well as some frustrating ones. People REALLY need to stop shooting down enemies during the interrogation game type.

The connection issues seem to have been sorted. I was playing on version 11 at the start of the evening, which is when I had trouble connecting to people. Later on though that switched to version 12 and I was jumping in and out of games very easily.

@Cookyman sorry about not joining you. As I said in my message last night, on a weekday I usually play until around 21:30/22:00 before chilling out for the night and then going to bed. I'm not avoiding you. :D

A question to Cookyman about the factions. When a 100% loss mission appears for your group for you have to do all the tiers of the mission you select or just the first one?

A question to Cookyman about the factions. When a 100% loss mission appears for your group for you have to do all the tiers of the mission you select or just the first one?

You ideally want to do all 3 as this will mean minimum losses.

You ideally want to do all 3 as this will mean minimum losses.

I'm not really fussed about losing a few, just want dem trophies. :D I've been keeping all the easy missions for when the 100% loss tasks start to show up.

I'm not really fussed about losing a few, just want dem trophies. :D I've been keeping all the easy missions for when the 100% loss tasks start to show up.

That's what I'd do too.

Here's another multiplayer vid - good times!

I think we should have a photo/caption thread - what do you lot think?

Here's a taster - More below.

"DFS Sale Now on!"

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140801112209.jpg

"And you thought Luigi's stare was scary!"

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140803230944.jpg

"A fun board game for all the family!"

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140803104353.jpg

"Some people take dieting to a whole new level"

Skeletononbus.jpg

Joel's Tommy Cooper impersonation "just like that!"

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140801141828.jpg

"Ellie gets the horn"

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140807131815.jpg

"The Last of Us - PG edition"

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140807112616.jpg

"Ellie shows Joel her powers of levitation."

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140805095357.jpg

"I think he got the point"

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140804112853.jpg

"The goose aerial display team are back on form"

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140804101547_1.jpg

"Come Dancing"

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140803144013_1.jpg

"Homes Under The Hammer - Apocalypse Edition"

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140803100651.jpg

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140803005246_1.jpg

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140803005130.jpg

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140802152542.jpg

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140805095027_1.jpg

Edited by Cookyman
Automerged Doublepost

Just had a hilarious multiplayer session with @Cookyman. We didn't win a single match but the banter more than made up for it.

@Fierce_LiNk I tried the Wii U headset but the volume level on it is pitiful. I switched back to the standard headset.

Just had a hilarious multiplayer session with @Cookyman. We didn't win a single match but the banter more than made up for it.

@Fierce_LiNk I tried the Wii U headset but the volume level on it is pitiful. I switched back to the standard headset.

Good times mate let's see if we can get 4 of us playing next time for maximum lolz.

Disappointing news on WiiU headset but hardly a surprise. :heh:

Is that the poverty headset that comes with the console?

Gah, gonna have to look into one soon. Especially for Battlefield, Destiny and for making sure @drahkon is "funf metres away from me" on FIFA. :D

I had a fucking weird glitch on me yesterday.

Managed to get to the bridge, hurrah!

Did the heart-breaking next section in one go. Going into the sewer after that and reading the letters that were left over. It was awful, especially when you see that room with the bodies covered. That was gut-wrenching.

After that, the suburbs section...I found this quite tricky because of that FUCKING SNIPER WHO HIT ME EVERY TIME I MOVED. I died after being able to take down a few enemies. This happened a few times. Anyway, the glitch...I went into the house on the right hand side and quickly came across an enemy who enters the living room from the back of the house. I hit him with the melee weapon. He doesn't react, as my weapon hits a force-field like barrier over his body. He hits me. NOTHING HAPPENS. We're imitating some kind of praying mantis mating dance/retarded fight and eventually he grabs me, meaning that we can finally engage in physical contact.

It actually happened another two times, because I died a further two times and tried the same pattern of engaging with the same enemy. Annoyed the fuck out of me. Aside from that, that segment of the game is brilliant, except for the fucking sniper.

Did the next cut-scene...went to bed feeling really sad. :p

Just played a multiplayer match after Cookyman left and won. I blame the losses on you! :D

BC1rN7HCEAE-Q4V.jpg

fuck_you.jpg

Edited by Cookyman

and for making sure @drahkon is "funf metres away from me" on FIFA. :D

Yeah...you really should make sure I'll be FÜNF METER AWAY VON DIR!

fifa_14_glitch_keeper_dry_humps_player_like_a_dog_in_heat_to_get_to_the_ball-91944.gif

Interesting - since Naughty Dog implemented the live update to improve multiplayer they have uncensored it (the game was censored in Europe). Now your character gets bloodier with the damage they take, blood spatter sprays on walls and deaths are far more gruesome!

Let's hope they don't notice!

Just finished my first ever run through. It certainly was like playing a movie. And I liked the way it ended. Hopefully there's a sequel on the horizon?

I have no idea what the multiplayer entails exactly but shall give it a go sometime soon. Might checkout the Left Behind DLC first. :D

So I've dived into the multiplayer and it's a lot of fun. Much prefer it to games like Battlefield 4, which I am terrible at. This is much closer to Goldeneye, which is really the only FPS I ever liked. Although obviously TLOU is a bit more stealthy.

Oh but yeah, this happened:

Patch incoming!

Patch 1.02 will be deployed in North America today. We are working to have the patch deployed in Europe as soon as possible over the weekend, and we expect the patch to be deployed in Asia next week. If you are already logged in, be sure to quit out of the game and check your Downloads notifications that the update file for The Last of Us Remastered has been downloaded and installed.

As many of you may know, especially if you are among the many, many, many people who have been playing our Factions multiplayer mode, that some people have been experiencing long wait times while trying to find a match. We've deployed several LiveUpdates over the past week in an effort to improve the matchmaking wait times. Things have definitely improved but there still remains work for us to get the matchmaking experience where we feel it should be. Patch 1.02 is our latest effort to continuing improving the matchmaking experience.

Once the patch has been deployed, the team here will be keeping a close eye on the time it takes to find a match among our player community so we can continue to address this issue.

One tip: if you've found yourself waiting what you feel is a very long time to get into a match, quit out of matchmaking and go back into "Find a Match". Even though this adds an extra step, we've found that it sometimes helps players get into matches quicker than continuing to wait.

Patch 1.02

File size: 142 MB

Multiplayer

Matchmaking updates to improve long wait times some players have experienced to find a match

They've already improved it a lot since launch. With the latest live update ( think its version 12 ) I've had no issues finding matches.

I think I just downloaded that patch. I'm up for multiplayer during the week. Just post here if you want to get together for some games.

I've had some issues with one of the modes, I can only remember it being the top selection, not Survivor or Interrogation. Haven't managed to find a match for that one yet.

I think I just downloaded that patch. I'm up for multiplayer during the week. Just post here if you want to get together for some games.

Nope it's not up yet here. Give me a holler when you want to play.

Nope it's not up yet here. Give me a holler when you want to play.

Its must be up because I have indeed downloaded update 1.02.

Its must be up because I have indeed downloaded update 1.02.

Hmmm weird I'll log on again later and check.

Just had some cracking games on this with Kav. We lost our first match, drew another but then dominated the rest. Good stuff!

Just had some cracking games on this with Kav. We lost our first match, drew another but then dominated the rest. Good stuff!

Yeah good games! It's slightly too slow paced for my liking but I did enjoy it and will definitely play more.

Granted I've not played much of the single player, I'm only up to

the part just after Tess stays behind after being bitten and dies

but it's been a bit meh so far.

It's feeling too similar to Uncharted which just didn't do it for me. I'll keep playing it of course but I'm hoping it gets better and a bit more exciting. Feels a bit style over substance at the mo. I'm actually preferring WatchDogs.

After having some good games with Kav earlier in the evening, the match making system then decided to Bork up completely and wouldn't find a game. It wasn't just us either. I've been reading the Gaf thread and apparently the patch has made things worse for a lot of people and broke it completely for those who weren't having issues in the first place.

Get it together, ND!