NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

I think I'm just going to watch a Let's Play of this. All I want is the story, I hate the gameplay and just trying to slog my way through it is ruining the bits of the game I actually like because I am so pissed off all the time.

I hate stealth games, but I didn't hate this. It was never overwhelmingly hard and if it ever seemed that way it was usually because there was another approach to the area I had missed. Also, worst comes to worst, you actually have a shit tone of weapons; the key is to use all of them. The nail bomb and molotovs are endlessly useful, especially so since they're silent to throw/use. Also, the bow and arrows, until I was in an especially wintery section, I'd totally ignored it...it's awesome for silence takedowns. Also, bricks! Glorious bricks! Powerful enough to murder a Clicker with, and they're everywhere.

The Last of Us did what Uncharted never managed to really pull off, it made the combat feel part of the narrative. There are so many moments I remember doing something memorable.

I think I might run through this again on New Game +.

Ive played the game long enough to know that its just not fun for me in the slightest and as I said, just ruining the rest of the game for me. I've sold my copy to Goafer now anyway.

I hate stealth games, but I didn't hate this.

Oh, I didn't know that. How much stealth are we talking about here?

Oh, I didn't know that. How much stealth are we talking about here?

If you're good, a lot.

Playing on hard and fucking up the occasional area I had to fight my way through enemies.

But you can always change fighting into stealth-ing again, which is almost always the better.

This game keeps getting more amazing every second.

Escaped the hotel. Almost shat my pants again.

And then outside I had to clear the area, which went well for the first few enemies, but when I tried to take down a guy with an arrow, I realised he had some kind of armor and didn't die with one shot.

Sooooo, screw stealth. "Get the shotgun, and maw those fuckers down", I thought.

After 3 seconds I was sure that out in the open this wasn't a good idea. So I sprinted into a Café, ran upstairs, took out a guy and holed myself up, Waiting for enemies to come for me.

Adrenalin. Hell of a molecule.

Edit: Oh, and wasn't there someone here who said the game didn't look good?

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

There are so many moments I remember doing something memorable.

IGN is knocking.

Really enjoying this, still very early on only just met the girl. Loved the intro to the game such a fantastically choreographed section that worked to set the mood.

I do have one slight problem. When I'm playing games like this when the mood really matters I play wearing my turtle beach headset. However some way that the audio was mixed or something means the sound can be echoey when there is no reason for it to be. It's pretty good at it when your in tight space etc... but now it seems to be doing when its not required. Very off putting.

Edit: Oh, and wasn't there someone here who said the game didn't look good?

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

It's a superb looking game. Still, you can go to almost any youtube video of Last Of Us and find someone complaining it looks like shit. Basically E3 happened and now people want their hyper detailed water n' explosion physx. It just shows how fast some people can become jaded.

It's a superb looking game. Still, you can go to almost any youtube video of Last Of Us and find someone complaining it looks like shit. Basically E3 happened and now people want their hyper detailed water n' explosion physx. It just shows how fast some people can become jaded.

But it still looks fantastic, if this was next gen people would be wetting themselves. It's easily serviceable as a first gen next gen game.

Been playing it on Survivor - a lot lot tougher, you can't listen/look, ammo is scarce and you get hardly any crafting items.

yuno.gif

Been playing it on Survivor - a lot lot tougher, you can't listen/look, ammo is scarce and you get hardly any crafting items.

"Listen" sucks.

Turned it off before starting the game on hard.

It's pretty cool in multiplayer, though. Never feels imbalanced.

FUCK THIS GAME! Just had it crash on me and now it won't load either of my save files. About 8 hours in and now I'm fucking fuming!

FUCK THIS GAME! Just had it crash on me and now it won't load either of my save files. About 8 hours in and now I'm fucking fuming!

Your on Plus right? wouldn't some saves be on there?

I remember when my Batman saves were corrupted and automatically deleted. Plus saved me. Fingers crossed flameboy.

Your on Plus right? wouldn't some saves be on there?

Yep but they were from way back as they upload at night. Turns out I played 6 hours not 8 but 4 of them were yday.

What I ended up having to do was delete game data and load up the game without the 1.02 patch and offline then it loaded my save without a hitch did however not get to view the scene that it crashed on. So weird I deleted game data reinstalled wouldn't load, so went in unpatched.

The crash was odd sound sporadically cutting off,people jolting around going through scenery etc...then it just froze.

If you want trophies you should delete the patches and play the game offline.

If you want trophies, you're playing the wrong game.

I spent fourteen and a half hours in this game and only got three trophies. :cry:

Yeah I'm gonna keep offline. It's so dumb aren't the saves syncing with their servers or something? That's what the problem was pre-1.02.

It's the 1.01 patch that was the problem. Allegedly, the patch itself glitched all 24 trophies. I have never played the game with the 1.02 patch, but if I get back online I probably will(it was fun in the beginning). It's not like the game needs patches anyway, so there's no reason to download them.

Anyone started on survivor? I'm almost scared to try. Appearently, for those who started on hard and refused to use listen mode, the difficulty is the same on hard and survivor.

I have finished normal + to get all the collectibles, conversations and jokes. Appearently I got almost all of the conversations by myself. The collectibles were mostly pendants on trees(I had no idea during my first playthrough, who looked in the trees for supplies...), and the jokes were very spesific events, although lame(the jokes), in context it added to the game and their relationship.

Edited by Tales

It's the 1.01 patch that was the problem. Allegedly, the patch itself glitched all 24 trophies. I have never played the game with the 1.02 patch, but if I get back online I probably will(it was fun in the beginning). It's not like the game needs patches anyway, so there's no reason to download them.

Anyone started on survivor? I'm almost scared to try. Appearently, for those who started on hard and refused to use listen mode, the difficulty is the same on hard and survivor.

I have finished normal + to get all the collectibles, conversations and jokes. Appearently I got almost all of the conversations by myself. The collectibles were mostly pendants on trees(I had no idea during my first playthrough, who looked in the trees for supplies...), and the jokes were very spesific events, although lame(the jokes), in context it added to the game and their relationship.

I feel like it does need some patching had all sorts of glitches and problems.

-Crafting items, ammo, health items and melee weapons will be limited. If you thought the crafting supplies that you get in Hard mode is lacking, it will be more scarce in Survivor mode.

-The items that you see in your first play through might not be in the place you remember them in Survivor mode.

-Enemies are twice as hard to kill and the damage they deal will double than before.

-The amount of parts, supplements and collectibles will remain and be left untouched.

-Joel’s listening ability is disabled

-no button prompt appears when you sneak behind them. You must know the choke, stealth kill button, and the usual square at QTE events.

Survivor is definitely a step-up, I've only cleared a couple of the clicker sections so far and it is very noticeable. There are significantly fewer item parts and the enemies' senses are heightened, making bricks/bottles much more vital.

I feel like it does need some patching had all sorts of glitches and problems.

Umm...

ku-medium.gif

Well finished the game. I really enjoyed it but the lack of polish (aside from the near game breaking crash I had) wrecked a few stand out moments for me.

When you see the giraffes and one of them just outright clips straight through a car on the ground looked awful and wrecked a beautiful moment of awe.

Also when you're creeping around being silent with the Clickers near by and the likes of Elle and noticeably to me Bill are just loudly running around and shouting without getting noticed yet I shuffle forward an inch and they come charging torwards me, really took me out of the experience.

I've only just managed to get this and begun playing and its so far pretty darn epic but i've encountered an annoying bug while trying to be stealthy, my current partner Tess just strolls through as if she's stolen solid snake's stealth device -_-