NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

I've only just managed to get this and begun playing and its so far pretty darn epic but i've encountered an annoying bug while trying to be stealthy, my current partner Tess just strolls through as if she's stolen solid snake's stealth device -_-

Yep look above I had the same issue kind of wrecked some stealth bits for me.

Started playing multiplayer tonight really enjoying I like this days format and how it populates your camp with Facebook friends.

If the alternative is being spotted every time Ellie is being stupid, I'd rather she was invisible.

If the alternative is being spotted every time Ellie is being stupid, I'd rather she was invisible.

Yes and no I'd rather she was at least pretending to be quiet whilst invisible. It was Bill that killed me, relatively small space and dead silence except for his thudding boots.

It never bothered me. For the most part they were very good at hiding and changing hiding spots at the appropiate times. Them talking never bothered me either, at least they tried to whisper it.

It never bothered me. For the most part they were very good at hiding and changing hiding spots at the appropiate times. Them talking never bothered me either, at least they tried to whisper it.

Hmmm I wonder if it was just my game but for huge chunks they were loud and running etc... And stood in open.

The technical faults I had with the game really put a dampner on things for me. A great game but not my game of year by a long shot.

I've not had them shout when trying to stealth it up. But there have been occasions where a guard would easily have seen them but didn't. Was rather thankful for that.

Still working through this. It's like a modern Half Life.

I think you are just exaggerating. You are letting a few hiccups bother you way too much.

Edited by Tales

Completed this yesterday. Awesome game. Froze at one point near the end which shit me up as I've heard of people losing their saves after such things and I didn't have the energy to go through it again just yet.

Died many times, several unneccessary, but still awesome.

Grounded - the making of The Last of Us documentary was available to Season Pass Holders for the game.

It's a 90 minute film and well worth checking out.

Anyway - some lovely person has put it up on youtube so please watch and enjoy!

Long watch, so I hope I can see it tomorrow before it inevitable gets removed.

Question though, season pass? Is that multiplayer related only or does it mean single player dlc? I didn't know this game had a season pass.

Long watch, so I hope I can see it tomorrow before it inevitable gets removed.

Question though, season pass? Is that multiplayer related only or does it mean single player dlc? I didn't know this game had a season pass.

I found this on google in seconds maybe you should try it in future :grin:

From - Google!

The Last of Us Season Pass DLC (£15.99)

With this great value Season Pass, you can get your hands on three downloadable content packs for The Last of Us™ as soon as each pack is released, plus “Grounded” – an exclusive 90 minute Making Of video.

By downloading today, you’ll also get four bonus single player upgrades, exclusive to Season Pass holders:

• Increased crafting speed.

• Increased healing speed.

• Rifle clip capacity upgrade.

• 9mm reload speed upgrade.

These bonuses will help you get a head start and an edge in Joel and Ellie’s struggle to survive through the single player campaign of The Last of Us. The documentary, Grounded, is an in-depth look at the making of The Last of Us throughout its development by Area 5.

For the first time ever we’ll be offering single player DLC. The journey and cast of characters in The Last of Us lends itself to thorough narrative exploration and we’ve got more of the story to tell.

The two other DLC packs will feature multiplayer content in the form of additional multiplayer maps and other expansions. You’ll be hearing about our multiplayer over the next couple of days. It’s an experience that continues the themes, tone and tension from the single player campaign and we can’t wait to tell you more about it.

frabz-Youre-Welcome-531705.jpg

Edited by Cookyman

Do we still need the release date in the thread title?

/OCD

Depends really....

I got this recently, great game but I'm a bit annoyed with the multiplayer. The concept is good, but why must games insist on having an upgrade system where more advanced players have access to better perks and equipment than new players?

The concept is good, but why must games insist on having an upgrade system where more advanced players have access to better perks and equipment than new players?

Time to play Dota 2, where you just repeatedly lose because people are genuinely better than you. :wink:

Great stuff - I love the multiplayer on this!

Does anybody else play the mutiplayer???

The Last of Us multiplayer gets some serious updates today with the deployment of patch 1.03. The patch is starting to roll out now across all regions, issuing several multiplayer fixes. In addition, a brand new game mode is being added to the suite, called Interrogation.

For more details on Interrogation mode, and the additional fixes deployed in patch 1.03, read on.

Changelist for Patch 1.03

Single-Player Fixes

Fixes for “It’s me” and “By any means” cinematics in the Cutscene Viewer.

Multiplayer Addition

New game mode — Interrogation

Interrogation is a 4v4, two-part objective game mode where rival factions vie to find and open the other faction’s lockbox, stealing the supplies inside. Each team must first achieve five interrogations of players on the other team.

Players can get interrogations by shivving an enemy, or getting an enemy into the down state, then pressing triangle while next to them. Once your team collects five interrogations the location of the enemy’s lockbox will be revealed. Your team must attempt to open the lockbox before the other team can collect five interrogations and open your lockbox first. Whichever team opens the opposing team’s lockbox first wins.

Multiplayer Fixes

Revive range has increased slightly (about 1 meter). It’s more difficult to crawl out of range when a teammate is reviving you now.

Players can prevent opponents from finishing Executions/Interrogations so that the opponent does not receive Parts for the special Execution/Interrogation. The downed player will still lose their life, but this makes preventing Executions/Interrogations more helpful to your team, as you prevent the other team from gaining Parts.

Matchmaking update: players should find opponents around their level of experience more often, and teams should be balanced more evenly.

Item cache locations adjusted for balance on University, High School, Lakeside, and Downtown.

Starting cameras adjusted so they show your player with greater frequency.

Item cache disbursement tweaked so additional items are given out more fairly.

Winning a Survivors match by a count of 4 rounds to 0 now means your team will get more bonus parts for winning the match by that margin. This applies for games with scores of 4-1, 4-2, etc. as well. Rewards are tiered by how dominant your team is. This system is in place for Interrogation mode as well.

That’s all for patch 1.03 — expect a lot more to come over the next few months in future patches. Keep reporting any issues on our technical forums, and let us know what you think!

Be sure to check the forums this weekend and post your thoughts on patch 1.03. Talk with us and we’ll reward good thoughts. Participate in the thread and you’ll earn a cool, digital The Last of Us prize. See you online!

Finally finished this and it's probably my favourite story based game.

The main characters were pretty much perfect.

The pacing was just right, although I will agree that the middle was a weak point.

The ending was amazing. I thought I would have a choice about what happens during the final section and all I could think was "what the fuck am I going to do?". I've never thought about a decision so much before. Kind of glad I didn't have to make it.

The clickers were terrifying.

Soo much grey morals.

The whole atmosphere was perfect. From Joel's daughters death to the tense stealth bits, everything was spot on.

Some of the graphics were amazing. I particularly found Henry's character model to be uncanny.

As well as the graphics, the whole look of the game was amazing. The giraffes bit was beautiful.

Them not making a huge deal out of Bill being gay was a nice touch. I like how it was hinted at with his "partner" originally being assumed as a friend/accomplice, then it all coming together when Ellie shows "the magazine".

There were some points which I just found annoying. The "boss fight" with David I just found really shit and I think mine bugged out a bit. It took me ages to find him after the second stab. Although everything apart from the gameplay part of that scene was still amazing. Really tense.

The controls were a bit "off". Not sure what, but they felt a bit sluggish. I especially had a problem with it if I became swarmed by infected.

Some of the puzzles seemed a bit unnecessary, although they did break up the action nicely I suppose.

"Jesus Joel!" is now ingrained in my mind.

Riding the horse through the campus seemed a bit unneeded. Not really bad, but an odd choice.

There were a lot of conveniently places pallets and ladders just lying around. A change up of the puzzles would have been nice.

They should replace the gameplay parts with some cutscenes, leave the rest untouched and put it on TV as a series to show non-gamers just how mature games can be nowadays.

Edited by Goafer

I just hope it isn't Ish's story like many people have been asking for. We've read his story, and we've seen all the locations.

I want it to be separate to any events in the game.

Started playing this last night.

Despite not being a fan of stealth gameplay I'm enjoying it so far.

It's certainly impressive in the presentation department. :o

What's up with the saving in this game though? When I went to save it said "Please wait, auto-save still in progress" or something like that, even though there didn't appear to be any indication that was the case, until I actually clicked on save game. ::shrug:

Is there anyway to tell when the game is saving/has saved without going into the pause menu? :hmm:

I loved this game. The atmosphere and story telling was just spot on and it was one of the rare games which actually make me want to know more about the world.

Encountered one bug where

when Ellie threw down a ladder as I entered the final city

caused me to jump straight out of the map. The initial load times were really really bad too, took me twenty minutes at one point!

Finished this game tonight, 13 hours playtime.

Overall it was a pretty good experience, the presentation and story were absolutely amazing, but the actual gameplay was nothing special in my opinion. :blank:

On top of that, it got repetitive quickly. Was funny when the game itself acknowledged this, with Ellie complaining about having to get on the fucking pallet again. :laughing:

I was slightly disappointed with the ending too, thought that I'd got the "bad ending" and that it would be possible to do things differently at the end to get a different one, but it turns out that's not the case. :hmm:

The great and emotional scene beforehand where Ellie talks to Joel about his daughter, made the ending even more disappointing.

Another thing that was seriously bloody annoying about the game was its save system. What a crock of shit! Not only could you not tell when it was saving, it frequently didn't save properly, and I'd find myself having to recollect items that I'd already picked up on my previous session, before "saving"! :indeed:

Anyway, I still enjoyed it, but don't reckon I'll be playing new game+. Is the multiplayer worth checking out though? Not tried that yet.