N-Europe

Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Dante

BBC News:

Singer Amy Winehouse, 27, has been found dead at her home, the Press Association has reported.

Last month, the north Londoner pulled out of her European tour after she was jeered at her comeback gig in Serbia for appearing too drunk to perform.

For 90 minutes, she mumbled through parts of songs and at times left the stage - leaving her band to fill in.

The troubled singer had a long battle with drink and drugs which overshadowed her musical career in recent years.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.

London Ambulance Service had been called to the flat at 1554 BST and sent two ambulances but the woman died, it said.

What a sad waste of life with drug use that she was taking.

Edited by Dante

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another over-privileged, spoilt brat goes and throws it all away. Excuse me for not shedding a tear.

I'm with you on this one. Pumps her body full of drugs and alcohol for 6 years and then croaks... should any of us be surprised in the slightest? It's a wonder she lasted this long. At least she isn't leaving any kids behind.

Were it not for being famous, nobody would even care - it would be good ridance to some toxin abusing idiot. But she gets a free pass for selling millions of albums... as they often do.

And now her death will result in more newspaper columns being dedicted to her for something other than the thing she was supposed to be known for.

Still, no doubt she'll shift a few more records this week so it's not doom and gloom for everyone invovled.

Is anyone surprised?

I don't see anyone saying, "Holy shit I would have never suspected!"

As for her not being famous nobody would care... yeah, you're right... that's... an observation I don't think anyone hasn't made since they were 12.

And her getting a free pass...?

I don't even know what to make of that.

Also nice video ReZ.

Is anyone surprised?

I don't see anyone saying, "Holy shit I would have never suspected!"

As for her not being famous nobody would care... yeah, you're right... that's... an observation I don't think anyone hasn't made since they were 12.

And her getting a free pass...?

I don't even know what to make of that.

Also nice video ReZ.

The point being that there are countless people out there who are doing good deeds that go unnoticed and yet their passing will generate an article in their local paper at best.

People will be mourning her death as if they knew her when they couldn't possibly do so and never would. Yet the passing of a nurse who looked after a sick relative or a fireman who rescued them from a burning building won't even register for most people.

And now the media is likely to shove it down our throats for the next few days.

Again, reading into shit that isn't actually there?

To be fair, I was only trolling to provoke a response from the Amy Winehouse fans, probably shouldn't do that here..

All I can say is, I honestly don't mourn for her. I mourn for her parents and family, as I've known too many people who died untimely due to accidents that weren't their fault. It's incredibly selfish to essentially toss your life away for some cheap highs and have every one see you slowly self destruct.

But hey, I've never had a drug problem so I can't honestly comprehend the difficulties of getting out of the habit.

It's pretty sad news - sure it isn't Norway news worthy and fuck knows it's her own fault, but Falcon's comment about the kids really stuck out at me, there's other people besides family, people who've watched her get to that point and not been able to do sod all about it.

Poor bloody family, I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.