NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

(PS GET IT [FIFA 12]!!!)

PPS.. DON'T :nono:

I've mentioned it many times before already on the forum but FIFA 12 is one of the most overrated games I have ever played. It is so sluggish and unsatisfying and, as a Liverpool fan, @MadDog, you deserve much, much better :smile:

PPS.. DON'T :nono:

I've mentioned it many times before already on the forum but FIFA 12 is one of the most overrated games I have ever played. It is so sluggish and unsatisfying and, as a Liverpool fan, @MadDog, you deserve much, much better :smile:

I don't really like it that much either, but i didn't like 11, and that grew on me. It's unlikely i'll get 12 though. :)

I consider myself a fairly competent gamer, (and pretty good at football) but for some reason football games completely befuddle me.

I think it's something to do with controlling multiple people on the same pitch, my brain just can't handle switching to a different player just because they now have the ball. So i either end up running the ball off the pitch because i'm watching the player who USED to have the ball, or i just don't pass it and run the defender all the way up the pitch to get inevitably tackled.

I'm terrible at football games.

I consider myself a fairly competent gamer, (and pretty good at football) but for some reason football games completely befuddle me.

I think it's something to do with controlling multiple people on the same pitch, my brain just can't handle switching to a different player just because they now have the ball. So i either end up running the ball off the pitch because i'm watching the player who USED to have the ball, or i just don't pass it and run the defender all the way up the pitch to get inevitably tackled.

I'm terrible at football games.

I thought I was good at Fifa, then they invited online multiplayer. And I realised then that there were more people who played the silly computer game more than the real game.

Ramar, I was hoping you could tell me why was there a 5 minute segment on SkySports about the Arsenal PA calling out the full names of the players against Everton? I literally have no clue as to why it constituted news. :S

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16165953.stm

That's not fun at all. Feel sorry for the bloke.

Edited by spirited away

Ramar, I was hoping you could tell me why was there a 5 minute segment on SkySports about the Arsenal PA calling out the full names of the players against Everton? I literally have no clue as to why it constituted news. :S

I'm I don't have Sky so I've not seen it so I'll completely speculate this. Recently a supporters group called "Where has our Arsenal gone?" (which have been named on the side Black scarf Movement, they were going to do a Man U and wear silly scarves) had a consultation with the club. They proposed a few ideas to help improve ticketing, atmosphere in the ground, along with some changes to the beginning of the match. One was for the announcer to stop doing the call the names back. Others included getting rid of Elvis' The Wonder of You, which was also missing against Everton replaced by "Good old Arsenal".

So yeah I'm guessing the report was something to do with that, nothing news really.

Quite upset by the news about Darren Fletcher. It's very clear that there is something wrong with the guy, because this has been ongoing for some time, now.

I hope it gets sorted and he gets back into the team quickly.

I remember when it was a mystery how Darren Fletcher got into the United team, he used to be absolutely shite but still played... now we know why; he let Fergie bum him profusely, which has since led to his bum being done in.

I remember when it was a mystery how Darren Fletcher got into the United team, he used to be absolutely shite but still played... now we know why; he let Fergie bum him profusely, which has since led to his bum being done in.

Really? :nono:

Fletcher is the best midfielder at dodging cards and influencing the ref. That said, it's a bit of a strange ailment he's got and you can only hope he makes a full recovery.

Fletcher is the best midfielder at dodging cards and influencing the ref. That said, it's a bit of a strange ailment he's got and you can only hope he makes a full recovery.

Don't think any player is completely innocent of any of that. Not even Messi, as was evident the other day.

He's a good lad, and you can tell he gets into "the zone" when he's on the field. He's actually a fairly quiet guy outside of football. Doesn't drink, just trains and keeps himself to himself.

Don't think any player is completely innocent of any of that. Not even Messi, as was evident the other day.

He's a good lad, and you can tell he gets into "the zone" when he's on the field. He's actually a fairly quiet guy outside of football. Doesn't drink, just trains and keeps himself to himself.

Barca are a collective refereeing nightmare. Fletcher is a maverick out on his own.

Fulham must be absolutely GUTTED. Needed the win, were winning 2-1 and 10secs to go of injury time Odense score!

Fletcher is the ultimate engine room. He's not in the team for his skill or flashiness but for his work rate and his ability to read the game. He does also pop with the odd special goal now and again. He takes on an even bigger role for Scotland and i'm hoping it's not something that will hold him back in his career. God knows we're shit enough without loosing our best player and captain.

Wow, all the Spurs bad luck on Sunday seems to be evening out in this europa League tie which at this point doesn't matter, should be down to 9 and Shamrock Rovers denied a penalty albeit from 2 woeful refereeing decisions.

To be honest, when you win a game 4-0 and it's bad news then you know you can't blame that game at all. Harry can't be disappointed with the performance on the night at all.

Bonus question that I could probably google but can't be bothered; Birmingham's Rooney is totally unrelated...?

Bonus question that I could probably google but can't be bothered; Birmingham's Rooney is totally unrelated...?

Fortunately for him, he's not related to Wayne.

Seems strange waiting till 12 to know who Manchester United will face in Europe rather than 11.

Best thing about Christmas? Midweek Premier League football. Love it.

I don't, I booked my works christmas do for Thursday night without thinking.

I'm sure you know what I'm missing :(

I'm currently trying to backtrack, best i can do is start the meal at 9 to get there for first half!

Napoli isn't ideal but at least it isn't AC Milan!

I'd say they were as hard as each other. Napoli maybe just a tad harder, imo.

I'd say they were as hard as each other. Napoli maybe just a tad harder, imo.

Yeah I'd prefer AC over Napoli! Neither Milan side are what they used to be! Napoli have been class every time I've seen them.