NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Another Man of the Match performance by an opposition keeper at Anfield :hmm:

Only so many times you can claim the opposition keeper had a blinder...

Very happy with today's result. A very makeshift team, mind...

Pleased for Berba that he got himself another hat-trick. It's good to see that the guy isn't in the papers week in week out demanding a move elsewhere. I hope for his sake that he gets some more games, because he's a quality player and should be playing every week, especially when he's playing like he is.

On another note, Demba Ba: The guy can't be ignored. I thought he was good last season, but he's something else this season. He looks like scoring everytime he plays. Wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool put a bid in for him in January. They need someone like him.

Only so many times you can claim the opposition keeper had a blinder...

Oh believe me, it happens very often, it's just weird.

Our finishing really needs to improve though, but it's true that keepers often have the game of their career at Anfield.

Oh believe me, it happens very often, it's just weird.

Our finishing really needs to improve though, but it's true that keepers often have the game of their career at Anfield.

I say this because it reminds me of two seasons ago when I used to say that every other game. I think if a team is being clinical they get enough clear-cut chances and then they don't give the keeper a chance of saving it.

Also, agree with the comment about Ba. He's on fire! Must be worth at least £35 million!?

Edited by spirited away

No, the problem is definitely goals. I just checked the stats and Blackburn have actually scored more goals this season than Liverpool have. They've scored more at home, more away, and are at bottom of the league.

There's just not enough goals being scored. Suarez is a dangerous player...but, at the moment, it only looks like him and Steven Gerrard who have the potential to bag goals. Unless it comes from a set piece or something.

Liverpool will sign somebody in January. Maybe not a high profile player, but just somebody who can come in and score goals. Looking back through the results now, Liverpool's highest scoring victory in the league was a 3-1 win against Bolton at home. Defensively, they look fine.

Defensively we are brilliant. You have to remember that 4 of those goals came against Spurs when we had players sent off.

I'm not sure why Suárez is finishing poorly, he can obviously finish, as he banged in goal after goal for Ajax.

Defensively we are brilliant. You have to remember that 4 of those goals came against Spurs when we had players sent off.

I'm not sure why Suárez is finishing poorly, he can obviously finish, as he banged in goal after goal for Ajax.

I'm not comparing goal difference. I'm comparing goals scored. If we were doing goal difference, then Liverpool have a better goal difference than anyone below them, so the position is about right.

Suarez will just take time. As will Carroll. The main issue is that Liverpool need someone in now to score goals if those two are not scoring, which has happened quite a few times this season. Another issue though is that Liverpool regularly play with one up top, so...it's limiting there. Either the player would have to come in and displace Suarez, or they'd have to be one of these guys who could play multiple positions, or Kenny would have to change the system, or something.

It's occasions like that when playing a "safe" 4-4-2 makes things easier. It also means the person up top has somebody to work off of. Sometimes I think Suarez needs someone up there to help him out.

We play 4-4-2 90% of the time, it's just pretty flexible with Suárez who can drop deep or go wide. We've hit the woodwork something ridiculous like 18 times this season, which is just hilarious.

We play 4-4-2 90% of the time, it's just pretty flexible with Suárez who can drop deep or go wide. We've hit the woodwork something ridiculous like 18 times this season, which is just hilarious.

If he's dropping deep or going wide, who's the other one up top who can poach the goals?

That's the problem for Liverpool.

If he's dropping deep or going wide, who's the other one up top who can poach the goals?

That's the problem for Liverpool.

I prefer it when anyone has a chance of scoring goals. Maxi is the master at making those runs into goal scoring positions, as his recent goal record backs that up.

The only problem is see is finishing, simple as that. It's not like we have nobody there, or getting into poisitons, it's putting the ball in the goal. Is it a mental thing? I think so, as we are worse at home.

You could always buy Darren Bent. The guy is on form at Villa this season.

*troll face*

You could always buy Darren Bent. The guy is on form at Villa this season.

*troll face*

No.

Defoe's the man. :blank:

Chance to sneak into the top 4 before the year is out. It may have hampered our progress having no full backs but if we get the result against Wolves I'd be well satisfied how the year has gone all things considered.

Kezman was shit hot in the dutch league too.. #justsaying

Kezman was shit hot in the dutch league too.. #justsaying

But he was garbage for Chelsea full stop. Suárez has been immense in every area but finishing.

Newcastle finally have another win. That took a little longer than I thought it would but still, we're 7th with the opportunity to pick up some traction again....

Although we do play Liverpool next. After watching Match Of The Day....I can see how Liverpool might be a struggle to get something out of. Blackburn's keeper had a very good game and the save + defensive clearance in the last minute or so was just uncanny. Genuinely unlucky, Liverpool fans =/

On another note, Man City had better be careful not to drop too many more points like they did today. How on earth did they fail to score against West Brom of all teams? :heh:

3 draws 3 games. Was at the match and it all looked a bit lethargic, Ashley shouldn't have lunged thinking the cross was being made.

I missed Chelsea's goal because I was still drinking my pint at half time. The steward said they'd started a bit earlier than usual. All I heard was a roar from the crowd =[

Typical Spurs fan. None of those decisions were as bad as the Everton penalty decision. ;)

It is a bit of a joke, though. But, it happens week in, week out, to many teams out there.

I'd say refereeing in general is weak, for all of the major leagues, when the game is fast paced and decisions need to be made really quickly. But, we all know what the answer is, and we all know nothing will get done to make it better until FIFA sort it out.

Typical Spurs fan. None of those decisions were as bad as the Everton penalty decision. ;)

It is a bit of a joke, though. But, it happens week in, week out, to many teams out there.

I'd say refereeing in general is weak, for all of the major leagues, when the game is fast paced and decisions need to be made really quickly. But, we all know what the answer is, and we all know nothing will get done to make it better until FIFA sort it out.

The Everton decision was shit as well but I only caught the United game on MOTD so I didn't see it.

Love that RVP doesn't score and Arsenal drop points. Could be a fantastic week if we win at Norwich.

The top 4/5/6 teams get more coverage, so when a referee gets something wrong there, more people have seen it so will talk about it. Less people will be talking about the Everton/Sunderland blunder.

Anyway, Spurs have a big chance to open up a gap. One point ahead of Chelsea with two games in hand. One being played today. They have to get 3 points today, because if they don't do it now, they'll pay for it later in the season.

A great chance to make up some ground this round of fixtures and we failed. Sigh.

Arsenal fans: Why are Rosicky and Arshavin still playing for Arsenal?

:hmm:

Rosicky played all right, probably our best central midfielder today. Was a big part of our goal.

Arshavin on the other hand just isn't with it any more. Playing like his hearts gone. Time for him to move on. And Chamakh can just fuck off to the African Cup of Nations (or what ever they call it these days) and never return.

We played well enough to win, however we took our foot off at 1-0 and let them back in. Then we couldn't find the net, Hennessey made some great saves to keep Wolves in it. However it's an opportunity missed, and we'll be punished if Spurs win tonight.

God do I love watching us play this season. Another majestic performance from the lads today. Bale is simply an animal.