NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Milan on paper are impressive. Then you remember their forward line is made up of world class players who only perform when they feel like it (which isn't all that often).

Very few teams have 3 forwards of AC's quality. Ibrah, Pato and Robinho. It's got everything. Ibrah is good at everything, when he feels like it. Pato is a brilliant finisher with pace, and Robinho with the trickery and creativity.

Napoli have a very good lineup aswell. Cavani is possibly the best striker in Europe at the moment. Lavezzi and Hamsik are brilliant.

JonSt got it right, in my opinion. On paper, that attacking line looks immense. But, it's about whether they turn up or not.

That Napoli line up at the moment is dangerous. Some very exciting players at their club right now.

Best thing about Christmas? Midweek Premier League football. Love it.

It's fucking wank, bugger all trains into London on Boxing Day.

It's fucking wank, bugger all trains into London on Boxing Day.

It's less the midweek aspect and more the fact there's so many games to watch.

They're also easy games to get tickets for, for someone like me who has a membership but not a season ticket.

Put another bet on for today.

Everton v Norwich - Draw

Fulham v Bolton - Bolton

Newcastle v Swansea - Draw

Brighton v Burnley - Draw

Leeds v Reading - Draw

Put £1 on, will win £524.16 if they all come good. :)

I've got three accumulators on today:

Newcastle, Wolves, Chelsea, Blackpool. £1 returns £12.41

West Brom, Norwich, Bolton, Swansea, Chelsea. 50p returns £234.72

Leicester, Hull, Peterborough, West Ham, Charlton, Crawley. 50p returns £13.72

Eurgh! We're going down, no doubt about it. Coyle has lost the plot big time, and we have no money to spend in January even if we sell Cahill.

Really hope Chelsea play this way against us on Thursday - they've been frankly rubbish.

Still fancy a 2-0 scoreline.

Edit: fully deserved point for Wigan. Chelsea were not at the races.

Edited by spirited away

I love Wigan. They're basically the underdog in every match they play, and deserve credit for the way they stay up every season playing the way they do with basically no money.

I love Wigan. They're basically the underdog in every match they play, and deserve credit for the way they stay up every season playing the way they do with basically no money.

They were the lower league Chelsea/Man City and for that I struggle to respect them as a club.

I'm off up to Manchester bright and early tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't snow tonight.

Only 3 points from the other big teams this year, most were away games though, here's hoping we have better luck at home next year. I think we gave a good strong account of ourselves tonight, still need some more strikepower though.

Only 3 points from the other big teams this year, most were away games though, here's hoping we have better luck at home next year. I think we gave a good strong account of ourselves tonight, still need some more strikepower though.

Definitely didn't deserve to lose. Fairly even game which says a lot about how far we've come. However like you say improvement in January is vital, clear some dead wood get in some hungry players who want to win.

I've not seen the penalty decision(s) again or van Persie's goal, though I was 2nd row right behind the goal and thought at the time he was offside.

With Djourou now rumoured to be out for 3 weeks it looks like we may need to get a defender in on a loan until Gibbs and Sagna are fit.

Michael Carrick was outstanding yesterday, right from the first minute. That goal as well, never knew he had it in him. See what he can do when he goes or passes the ball forward, rather than behind or sideways.

Very good team performance yesterday. Hope we can keep that momentum going.

Also, thought Arsenal were very unlucky to lose yesterday. Van Persie's goal should have stood and Arsenal should have got a point. Great to see them give City a good game.

Michael Carrick was outstanding yesterday, right from the first minute. That goal as well, never knew he had it in him. See what he can do when he goes or passes the ball forward, rather than behind or sideways.

In fairness it was the shocking defending that let him get through the middle. No-one even got close to him. Good finish though.

In fairness it was the shocking defending that let him get through the middle. No-one even got close to him. Good finish though.

Oh, aye, it was carp defending. No doubt about that.

Time for Andy Carroll to prove his worth...

Lol.

8 games is haaaaaarsh. Never saw that coming. FA have gone overboard with that one.

Still think the boy is daft for saying what he said. Whether he meant it or not, the UK get up-in-arms about this sort of thing. They've made an example of him.

Interesting to see what happens to John Terry now then. Gets off with a 5 quid fine because he's English. :heh:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/luis-suarez-20-12-11

The Independent Regulatory Commission announced its decision on 20 December 2011, which is as follows:

Mr Suarez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);

the insulting words used by Mr Suarez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2);

Mr Suarez shall be warned as to his future conduct, be suspended for eight matches covering all first team competitive matches and fined the sum of £40,000;

the [penalty] is suspended pending the outcome of any appeal lodged by Mr Suarez against this decision.

The Independent Regulatory Commission will provide written reasons for its decision in due course setting out:

(a) the findings of fact made by it;

(b) the reasons for its decision finding the charge proved; and

© the reasons for the penalty.

Take that Suarez.

I reckon it'll get reduced to 5 games. Still interesting to see what happens to Mr Terry now.

I reckon it'll get reduced to 5 games. Still interesting to see what happens to Mr Terry now.

3 games seems fair to me. 8 is...crazy.

Terry will get a fine. Unless the FA realise that, oh shit, we have to be consistent. :heh: