NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Ki is offside all day long, but such a dogged defensive performance and you gotta be amazed at Martin O'Neil transformation of the club. What a result.

Ki is offside all day long, but such a dogged defensive performance and you gotta be amazed at Martin O'Neil transformation of the club. What a result.

81656653.jpg

Brilliant. Only one side in the top 8 that actually managed to win. Even more incredible when you consider the majority of the teams being faced weren't anything great.

What the hell City?....

Spurs to win the title!

Urgh, please no. Can you imagine Dazzy's smug grin for a whole year?

Brilliant. Only one side in the top 8 that actually managed to win. Even more incredible when you consider the majority of the teams being faced weren't anything great.

The one side being Liverpool.. and Arsenal..? :heh:

The one side being Liverpool.. and Arsenal..? :heh:

Are Liverpool in the top 8? :heh:

Knew i'd forget one.

Great result today :)

After the crap United result yesterday really really happy with score today, also very happy with the Chelsea v Villa score.

Squeaky bum time soon..

Monday, 2 January 2012

Aston Villa v Swansea, 15:00

Blackburn v Stoke, 15:00

QPR v Norwich, 15:00

Wolverhampton v Chelsea, 15:00

Fulham v Arsenal, 17:30

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Tottenham v West Brom, 19:45

Wigan v Sunderland, 19:45

Man City v Liverpool, 20:00

Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Everton v Bolton, 20:00

Newcastle v Man Utd, 20:00

Both Manchester clubs haven't got an easy fixture. You'd imagine Spurs will beat West Brom and Chelsea to get something from Wolves. We've not been great at Craven Cottage and have very little rest, so anything can happen.

By the end of Wednesday it could all get very interesting.

Arsenal where the real winners this weekend! great season for captain vantastic! set a new club record (35 in a calender year, 1 behind shearer & 1 more than Henry). however It would have been much better had they beaten wolves after bombarding them with a constant wave of chances, but once again another opposing GK left with (IMO) a MOTM performance; Hennessey

anyway near the end of the city game, martin tyler kept going on about late goals and stealing the 3 points, I had a feeling it was going to happen again, lo and behind JI off the bench to score the winner with only seconds remaining... It's what makes the BPL so damn great to watch compared to other leagues.

any predictions for Man City vs Liverpool?

I say 1-1.

Even Arsenal lose! This season no-one is safe at the moment it seems!

Sending off changed the game but it was two yellow worthy challenges I think.

It's typical of us, just typical, why do we always sit on 1-0 leads in the second half and let the opposition attack us so much? What do the players think will happen? Whenever it happens I always fear the worst and 9/10 it surely doesn't go unfounded. Fulham seemed to need the red card to finally break us down but on the second half dominance they deserved it.

Fulham fully deserving of the win.

Szczesny is rubbish.

Sczesny is doing great this season. That wasn't even a funny antagonistic comment ::shrug:

Maybe a bit harsh, but I still don't rate him. A bit like De Gea in the air.

I think it's a blessing Gervinho is off to the African Cup based on that performance.

I think it's a blessing Gervinho is off to the African Cup based on that performance.

Idiotic comment. To think you once had a go at me for knowing nothing about football.

Eerily similar to Wolves game. Should have been killed off in the first half. Red card changed the game, can't really complain about the decision.

Sending off changed the game but it was two yellow worthy challenges I think.

Was it? Second was very suspect.

Bottom line, second half we were knackered after only 1 days rest and we paid for it. Didn't finish the game off in the first half.

No Keeper in the Premier League is worse in the air than De Gea. Both Szczeny and De Gea have lots of time to improve as they are both youngsters. I wonder how many more years Friedel has left in him on the subject of Keepers.

Idiotic comment. To think you once had a go at me for knowing nothing about football.

Eerily similar to Wolves game. Should have been killed off in the first half. Red card changed the game, can't really complain about the decision.

Haha, to be fair the first comment was incendiary on purpose. He's decent; I'm sure he'll be a good keeper in a few years.

Gervihno did have a shocker!

We definitely need a young keeper in the summer Emerald. Brad's done great so far this season though.

Everyone seems to have forgotten the days when Friedel was a laughing stock at Liverpool and was shipped off to Turkey. In those days he made Taibi look class.

Edited by Jon

Love Wenger's interview. Classic Wenger.

Never going to get a decent response from any manager who's side just threw a game in the last minute. Especially when the ref missed two possible penalty shouts, gave a soft second yellow and ultimately his team played shite for the second 45 minutes.

Game of 2 halves right there!

1st half Arsenal pretty much dominated, they should of had a penalty after senderos' tackle on gervs, but that was after the replay so in full motion the ref wouldnt know, no problems there. but arsenal were wasteful, especially gervinho, two really good chances!

2nd half the gooners fell asleep, they were slow, hardly kept the ball, could barely string 3 passes at times. but fulham were sharper, first to the ball and passed the ball around with some speed and accuracy and arsenal were run ragged come the 80th minute, they were tired, the sending off sealed their fate.

but fulham played great, especially taking into consideration the thumping they received to United.

this happens to arsenal quite a lot, they can't hold onto a slender lead, therefore they must take there chances, especially early on in the game. gervinho isnt a bad player, infact i think he's really good, lots of energy, always presses down the opposition, gets into fantastic positions, but he's very wasteful and must improve on that front. Arsenal really need another way to play, they arent the Arsenal of recent years they arent as good as they were in terms of possession, but I think that would improve when we get wilshere back.

when I saw squillaci's face, ready to come on, every AFC fan knew how far our defensive problems have gone! he tried clearing the ball, but instead headed it on a plate for zamora.

IMO we need 1CB and 2FB (1 left foot, 1 right), 1CF to support van persie as he's not a classic CF (he's more of a SS)

Okay having seen a better replay of the second yellow, I take back what I said. I only saw it once before and it looked a lot more of a pull back. Could be either way, and the ref saw it the harsh way!