NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

I reckon we're more likely to end up with Podolski than Gotze. He's the typical player we should smash the budget for but Wenger will shit the bed and Madrid will nick him.

Which awesome person wants to play an awesome game called Xpert Eleven? :p

The link to the thread is here.

It's a brilliant free football management game that i'm certain any football fan would enjoy. You only need to go on once or twice a week for 5/10 minutes, you don't need to login in everyday for hours or anything like that. It's really satisfying watching your team that you've built develop and grow into a top team.

Just give it a chance, i promise you'll enjoy it. :)

3 very important points and a decent performance after the trouble in the week. Nothing has been solved yet, and I do still think we need some new faces in midfield.

Anyone else watching El Classico? I'm really enjoying it so far! 1-0 to Madrid after 22 seconds. Real Madrid are really closing Barcelona down and not giving them any time on the ball whatsoever.

Happy 125th anniversary, Arsenal FC.

Here's to the next 125 being even more successful!

*raises glass*

How can 2 teams as good as Barca and Madrid continue to have such average matches, it's annoying that the matches never live up to their hype. :p

They're not bad matches, but they rarely fulfill their potential.

Iniesta was a class apart. He's my favourite non-Liverpool player by miles. He's just so classy, and in my opinion the best player to watch in the world.

The first half was pretty good, I thought. Messi should have walked! Also, Barcelona's first totally went against the run of play.

Ronaldo was terrible, tonight. Its rare we hear that, but he was way below his usual standard. I don't think he would score even if they were still playing right now.

I agree with you about Iniesta. Also, Xavi. The two are just unplayable.

I thought Messi was going to be sent off when he caught Alonso (i think it was). He wasn't his usual sublime self, he was still good though. His dribble for the first goal was brilliant, it was then matched by Sanchez with his lovely finish. He had a really good game i thought did Sanchez, top player.

I saw Van Persies volley just now. Put it this way, if Rooney had scored that Sky Sports would be creaming themselves over it. It was beautiful.

AgU2vPWCAAApsh8.jpg

When a manager takes off their only striker for a defender with 30 minutes to go when the game is level a team deserves to lose.

Haven't read a single preview of the Stoke v Spurs game that puts us as winners. Hoping we can pull out a huge win.

Haven't read a single preview of the Stoke v Spurs game that puts us as winners. Hoping we can pull out a huge win.

What previews have you been reading?

You're one of the most in form clubs at the moment and you haven't read anything that says you're more likely to win? REALLY. :blank:

What previews have you been reading?

You're one of the most in form clubs at the moment and you haven't read anything that says you're more likely to win? REALLY. :blank:

Telegraph predicted 2-1; Lawro 1-1, and others I can't remember.

Shocking game so far. We just can't handle the long throw from Shotton.

One thing I have to say though, Stoke's football is, well, shit to watch.

Spurs to win 4-2.

Stoke may not play glamorous football all of the time (they have players who can play), but they're all about getting results. Blackpool played some lovely football for most of last season and ended up getting relegated.

We can criticise their style of play all we want, but they will be 8th in the League if the result goes their way. Getting a higher league position means they'll gradually be able to buy better players and then try to play some better football.

They get under your skin and are a really annoying team to play against. But, they have to be that way. Look at the quality of players that Spurs have.

Tottenham have been robbed. Should have had two penalties, the first one given and the second one for the elbow off the line or even the haul down by Shawcross of I think Kaboul in ze area.

Adebayor also had a goal ruled offside when it was actually onside. I don't really want them to win but I do think the ref has been crap in this game.

Ironic that the penalty they did get was a clear dive, yet the officials missed the obvious ones.

Apoplectic. Ref had a fucking 'mare. Should not have lost that match based on the second half performance. ARGHHHHH!

Can't wait to see the highlights for the game. Sounds like a crazy game.

It's remarkable how many decisions went against them today.

It's annoying how many football matches are "made" due to the referee. When they give a big decision, it either makes or breaks the match. Whatever happened to the times when Referees were just there and we didn't care who they were.

It's disgraceful in this day and age that we're still cursing referees week in week out for shoddy decisions.

VdV did nothing today.

He was off-form today. Modric ran the show in the second-half though.

One thing that really ires me: how can it be alright that Stoke take 30-odd seconds with each long throw-in? It's disgraceful.

No penalty given for blatant foul; no penalty for handball on the line (x2); adebayor not offside for goal; no handball given on crouch when they scored. Disgusted doesn't do it justice. Harsh red card.

Also, two of the clearest corners ever not given.

Edited by spirited away

He was off-form today. Modric ran the show in the second-half though.

One thing that really ires me: how can it be alright that Stoke take 30-odd seconds with each long throw-in? It's disgraceful.

Again, that's down to the Ref. They've either got to add the time on at the end, or tell them to hurry up.

Can't really blame Stoke, though. When you've got a weapon like that, you'd be insane not to use it.

Again, that's down to the Ref. They've either got to add the time on at the end, or tell them to hurry up.

Can't really blame Stoke, though. When you've got a weapon like that, you'd be insane not to use it.

I do realise that. The point being that the ref did nothing about it.

Sorry, also forgot Woody should have been off.

Will take me a while to cool down. :P

Edited by spirited away

It's funny watching Peter Reid and Dwight Yorke arguing about the Modric pen, one clearly thinking it was pen, the other the complete opposite. I just can't see any contact at all, Whelan takes his leg away and Modric falls over about 2 metres later. That said, there was at least one clear pen not given.

It's annoying how many football matches are "made" due to the referee. When they give a big decision, it either makes or breaks the match. Whatever happened to the times when Referees were just there and we didn't care who they were.

It's disgraceful in this day and age that we're still cursing referees week in week out for shoddy decisions.

"But any form of video replay technology that has integrated perfectly into every other sport would ruin the game!"

Ironic that the penalty they did get was a clear dive, yet the officials missed the obvious ones.

You won't hear anything about that though.