NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

To be fair, United don't need the distractions of The Carling Cup, Fa Cup, and Champions League whilst they are challenging for 2nd place in The Premier League...

No excuses, we were simply not good enough tonight, well not been good enough in several games so far this season!

There's a bit of a difference between 'not proving your worth straight away' and doing fuck all though :heh:

I know that was a joke, but he's done as much if not more than Carroll has so far this season.

I have to say, the Manchester United line-up looks like it'll qualify easily, FC Basel have to win so they have to attack and leave themselves vulnerable to the counter.

LOL.

Disgraceful. Aside from Nani, Rooney and Phil Jones, the whole lot were useless tonight.

Our midfield consisted of a young defender, an old winger and a work-horse who's better out wide. Somebody needs to be brought in to sort that midfield out during January because this is poor.

We've been awful in Europe. Dire. I don't even believe it'll give the team a kick up the backside either. :nono:

Unbelievable, I expected City to go out but United with debate-ably their best line up too. Pretty sad day for English football but joy for us Gooner and Chelski fans.

cue City and United being drawn against each other in the Europa League!*

*I know this can't happen in the round of 32!

Out of interest, how would the Man United fans feel if they went on to win the Europa league? Would it mean anything to you guys?

Unbelievable, I expected City to go out but United with debate-ably their best line up too. Pretty sad day for English football but joy for us Gooner and Chelski fans.

This wasn't our best line up at all. Did you see that midfield? Young should've been dropped as he has been really below form for the last few games. How can anyone justify a midfield that consists of Giggs, Park and Jones?

We should've just gone 4-4-2 because Rooney was isolated the whole game.

Out of interest, how would the Man United fans feel if they went on to win the Europa league? Would it mean anything to you guys?

A trophy is a trophy at the end of the day. However I can't see Fergie wasting too much time on the competition because they'll be chasing City who will now be able to focus their first team on the league.

Pretty much agree with what Ramar just said.

I imagine it'll be used to give some development time to the younger players who need games, or to keep players like Berbatov fresh.

Still fuming.

Also what Ramar said!

At this moment I ent arsed about if we go on to win it or not, kind of how I see the League Cup as well.

The Liverpool fans on facebook make me laugh. Always quick to jump in and be the first to laugh, yet they're not in Europe at all this season...I swear they live in some kind of fantasy land.

Still say Leeds fans are the worst, but Liverpool come a close second. :heh:

Man Utd's new fragrance is expected on shelves in time for Christmas........Channel No 5.

Sorry :heh:

As i'm from Leeds, nearly everyone on my Facebook news feed are laughing at Man United. It's embarrassing. Their team is in the Championship. I couldn't care less if Man United are out.

It's those kind of fans who love to see other teams lose more than their own to win. It's hilarious.

I hate Man United, but to revel in their misery when you're not even in Europe at all is just silly and makes you look bitter/an Everton fan.

Embarrassing, truly crap.

Started the season so well scoring goals for fun, now we're just.... below average.

I couldn't really give a shit about Europa League, only silver lining to it is that Mancini will still see it as a trophy to be won, so won't have complete 100% focus on premier league, where-as I imagine Fergie will use the Europa League as Carling Cup V2 and use youngsters and rotation players to get through the competition.

Complete ball bags.

I couldn't really give a shit about Europa League, only silver lining to it is that Mancini will still see it as a trophy to be won, so won't have complete 100% focus on premier league, where-as I imagine Fergie will use the Europa League as Carling Cup V2 and use youngsters and rotation players to get through the competition.

Completely disagree. Man City's squad is that much deeper he could field a second string of internationals and rest his first team solely for league games. If anything without having to concentrate on the Champions League has strengthened Man City's league position.

Completely disagree. Man City's squad is that much deeper he could field a second string of internationals and rest his first team solely for league games. If anything without having to concentrate on the Champions League has strengthened Man City's league position.

:(

Bubble + You = Burst Bubble

It is true though, their '2nd team' still features 11 international players as you said. Not good.

when was that story from?

cause that tattoo failed last season when they didn't qualify :)

Ah ok, a friend sent it to me insisting it meant this year when I asked the same question :p Thought I saw it before too...