Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Kurtle Squad

I don't know about you, but trying to be with someone after being blind drunk the night before or whenever you meet up always seems a bit off, sure, meeting someone offline seems a bit tricky, finding somewhere to meet and that, but meeting someone after going to a club and being drunk can have just as many hazards!

I agree. If you feel the need to be (excessively, rather than a drink or two for courage) drunk, mightn't it mean that you're not happy with who you are? :(

Charlie does make a good point, and that's why I prefer meeting on nights out or at parties, as I am slightly inebriated and that means I actually talk more. I'm a very quiet person, very quiet, and always hate being the focus of attention. In group meetups, I always struggle to engage unless I am engaged previously. It's something that comes from me originally being a hermit.

What if someone's ideal type is someone who is quiet/reserved? :)

I agree. If you feel the need to be (excessively, rather than a drink or two for courage) drunk, mightn't it mean that you're not happy with who you are? :(

What if someone's ideal type is someone who is quiet/reserved? :)

I never said excessive (though I am a depressed person), but it does lower my analytical side

I'm just saying when on business as that's the most regular time I drink alone. Just get out there' date=' you're in Bournemouth for gods sake, plenty of holidaying girls for you to try your luck with.[/quote']

Easier said than done...I'm trying when I'm out but I'm an analytical person...it's hard for me not to see every possible outcome and focus on the negative.

I do struggle with the one on one straight away, always good speaking to people one on one after being in a group with them...it's another of my quirks, hence my annoyance at the lack of doing anything due to my friend group

I have taken to the "Yes man" approach though, as previously suggested. Whenever someone suggests something, as long as it wont result in any law breaking, I say yes.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

This moved on slightly whilst I went to eat!

I meant in purely in the being drunk, rather than just going out for a drink, how do you get to know someone when you're off your face? I've been in the situation, thinking someone was awesome, met them when I was sober - eurgh. Sure sometimes it's great regardless, but there's a massive chance they aren't.

Going a lone to things is always scary, I know myself, I'm planning to go the cinema this week because I'm sick to death of waiting for my friends to organise things, but the massive taboo that hangs over these things annoys me.

@The people talking about when a guy asks you to not be friends with another guy.

My friend was playing Catherine and apparently it said in the game that guys who are worried about their girlfriends having male friends are statistically less likely to cheat. Not sure how accurate it is though :heh:

yay its nice to see you making some positive steps serebii. You seem like a really nice guy and pretty intelligent at that.... as well as being very cute.. I can't see you having any issues with meeting nice girls if you make the effort to reach out :)

Thanks, that's very kind of you :)

Still, I need to augment my social circle in order to get to my ideal happiness, and the site and job interfere with it, but I can eventually work around it...it'll just take time.

@The people talking about when a guy asks you to not be friends with another guy.

My friend was playing Catherine and apparently it said in the game that guys who are worried about their girlfriends having male friends are statistically less likely to cheat. Not sure how accurate it is though :heh:

It stands to reason that someone who is worried about being cheating on isn't going to cheat. Doesn't stop the person being a muppet in a million other ways though :p

Thanks, that's very kind of you :)

Still, I need to augment my social circle in order to get to my ideal happiness, and the site and job interfere with it, but I can eventually work around it...it'll just take time.

possibly the best idea is to take your time about it and you will get there... I know there's circumstances and all for you, but you've really got the potential! :)

like I've said before, life isn't meaningful because you have an other half :) If it is you aren't doing it right!

Going a lone to things is always scary, I know myself, I'm planning to go the cinema this week because I'm sick to death of waiting for my friends to organise things, but the massive taboo that hangs over these things annoys me.

You can't go to the cinema on your own! You need to go with other people so you can enjoy the bonding experience of silently sitting in the dark together.

Out of interest Serebii, is your website hurting your social life considerably? How long are you going to keep it going?

Na, not considerably. In run-up to major games, I'll usually have to be home in the day from the 11th to 15th and on the occassional Saturday night (where I'll still be able to go out, but need to be home by 11, sometimes not even then...I once updated the site drunk at 2am after news came while I was out). When games come out, I usually shut myself off from the outside world for a few days. Over a week with major releases, though with the last one, my friends came over a couple of times to cheer me up since I was down due to the cease and desist. They brought cake.

I'll do it for however long I can. It's still #1 and it is still GAINING popularity. I've had companies want to buy me out, but I shall never do it. It's my hobby, and it's opening up the career road for me. My self-employed freelance stuff all stems from the site by writing magazine articles etc. and I have contacts in a few places so could always use the site as a jump-off point

possibly the best idea is to take your time about it and you will get there... I know there's circumstances and all for you, but you've really got the potential! :)

like I've said before, life isn't meaningful because you have an other half :) If it is you aren't doing it right!

I know, it's just annoying that all my friends have pretty much paired off (my one friend who lives elsewhere who was in a really similar position managed to turn it round quickly since his friends suddenly decided to go out more...makes me resent him a bit) and I haven't had any action whatsoever in over four and a half years. You can see why I'm a bit depressed.

You can't go to the cinema on your own! You need to go with other people so you can enjoy the bonding experience of silently sitting in the dark together.

I went to see both The Dark Knight and Harry Potter by myself, yes the latter is a little wahjah, but when I go with a bunch of people I'm always excessively aware of what I percieve their response to parts of the film are. I pretty much always prefer watching films by myself.

Edited by The Bard

Going to the cinema on your own is awesome. No worrying about if they're enjoying it, no worrying about who wants to sit close and who wants to sit further back, no differing oppinions at all. You get to do exactly what you want. It's great.

I know, it's just annoying that all my friends have pretty much paired off (my one friend who lives elsewhere who was in a really similar position managed to turn it round quickly since his friends suddenly decided to go out more...makes me resent him a bit) and I haven't had any action whatsoever in over four and a half years. You can see why I'm a bit depressed.

Yeah I get ya. Most of my mates are like that and even getting them out is a nightmare :( The only single people amongst my mates are either assholes or completely outta my league =P

I went to see both The Dark Knight and Harry Potter by myself, yes the latter is a little wahjah, but when I go with a bunch of people I'm always excessively aware of what I percieve their response to parts of the film are. I pretty much always prefer watching films by myself.

This. So much.

Yeah I get ya. Most of my mates are like that and even getting them out is a nightmare :( The only single people amongst my mates are either assholes or completely outta my league =P

Some of mine have said they're "over" going out (as in out for drinks, quiet or full-on) unless it's a special occassion...makes it even more difficult :/

Oh, someone's getting laid in ten months! :hehe:

Hope I manage to get press pass for me and my wingman. Not just for that :p Each year, I keep saying "I'll go to E3" and each year I end up not going...I'm going to try and make sure I do now

Edited by Serebii

I do enjoy your sarcasm dear. :love:

But no, it slightly irkes me to go the cinema by myself, not because of the film watching, but afterward, straight after the film chatting to someone about it, it's not quite the same logging on and being like ''HEY N-EUROPE I WATCHED SUCH AND SUCH AND IT WAS AWESOME''

...yeaahh.