NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

I hate the concept of Tinder. It's based entirely on physical looks, you know nothing of the person (and they know nothing of you). Its design is beneficial for those just looking for hook-ups, and timewasters just want to browse and chat with no intention of meeting up.

At the same time I'm glad it exists. It means all of those people will be on Tinder, hopefully clearing up sites like OKC for people like myself.

Is it really any different to any dating site? No one is ever going to message someone they don't find attractive. If I know a girl who I get on with but don't find attractive, she'd make a good friend, but hardly someone who you want to wake up next to.

How do you think people used to meet before the internet, though?

Is it really any different to any dating site? No one is ever going to message someone they don't find attractive. If I know a girl who I get on with but don't find attractive, she'd make a good friend, but hardly someone who you want to wake up next to.

It's not that Tinder makes it unable to meet people like any other method/dating site, it's that the design makes it ideal for people who are just looking to get laid, that it's going to attract a significant portion of those people as its users. That's going to make it harder to chat to any girls (as they'll receive shed loads of messages, so the chance that yours will be read is low).

Oh my lord! I just received a text from the girl I went on a date with. She said:

"...I've just discovered that you are FB friends with a friend of mine from my PGCE class, small world! So I just thought I'd drop a line. Or two."

Play it cool, Sam, play it cool.

It's like something straight out of How I Met Your Mother.

Maybe if she dies you can get together with Miss K.

It's not that Tinder makes it unable to meet people like any other method/dating site, it's that the design makes it ideal for people who are just looking to get laid, that it's going to attract a significant portion of those people as its users. That's going to make it harder to chat to any girls (as they'll receive shed loads of messages, so the chance that yours will be read is low).

That's not how it works though. You can't chat to anyone until you've both liked each other. It's like OKCupid but far quicker. Guys I know who have used both have far more success on Tinder.

And yes, it is pretty much for hook ups rather than proper dating, I understand if that isn't what you're looking for.

Anyone on here use Tinder? Thinking about trying it but can't quite bring myself to link my FB account.

Despite it being 4 months since I've last seen her, I still can't get Bus Girl out of my head and it's driving me nuts. I'm such an idiot.

I've heard great things about tinder actually and I know 4 couples who met through it. I also know 2 guys who basically use it as a way of getting regular action so yeah, try it out.

Man if I was single I would be all over tinder. Good god, why wasn't it around 4 years back?!

Looks like I got a casual-date-not-quite-a-date-but-I-think-it-might-actually-be-a-date date.

1-0 to Moogle.

Tinder is based pretty much pictures alone and therefore quite superficial.

That being said, I'm currently chatting to 3 girls on it and one I may have a date with tomorrow, though she has been ill so may be postponed.

Also - good work Moog.

Well you know what they say, once you go Ginger, you'll reject them, but 4 months later you'll discover you have a mutual friend, so contact them again for something more casual...

3c6aa7b7ebf939ab23bfbeb5578658cf.jpg

726c2dda0abd494d9743d57979f61428.jpg

5900291_700b.jpg

Looks like I got a casual-date-not-quite-a-date-but-I-think-it-might-actually-be-a-date date.

1-0 to Moogle.

The not-a-date date is on.

Food then X-Men: Days of Future Past.

All proposed and organised by the lady. :D

Me and the guy spoke about the fact he's going to Japan in August last night. The timing sucks, but I'm trying to look at it as we've got two months to have a great time and we'll see where we stand come at the end of July.

Sigh. Would be nice to have as strong a connection as we have with someone not going to the other side of the world!

And he's in America for a week now.

D:

Decided to message someone new on OK Cupid... she seems nice from her profile, very much into gaming, though she might not be interested in me but I figured it was worth a shot. :indeed:

Will report back if I get a reply. : peace:

I got a reply, all seems good initially so I've messaged her back.

*cautiously optimistic* :)

Met the girl today for lunch, and then went to watch X-men.

It was nice, we get on really well. We have similar interests, the conversations is good and she has a good sense of humour.

I'm not sure if there's any chemistry there though (from either side). It just feels like we're meeting up as friends.

I hate the concept of Tinder. It's based entirely on physical looks, you know nothing of the person (and they know nothing of you). Its design is beneficial for those just looking for hook-ups, and timewasters just want to browse and chat with no intention of meeting up.

At the same time I'm glad it exists. It means all of those people will be on Tinder, hopefully clearing up sites like OKC for people like myself.

I met my new and current boyfriend on Tinder.

Maybe it coming from "gay world", where these sorts of apps (and their predecessors stretching back to the very concept of 'covert relations') have been omnipresent for the last few years - Tinder is a bit of a breath of fresh air. It feels "cleaner" somehow. I like the facebook connectivity too. You have to be "yourself" as you are to most people online, not just a picture of a penis/abs/whatever. You can see mutual friends (talking point), and you can't pester or be pestered unless you 'match'.

Yes, there are timewasters. I admit my friends and I played with it like a game when I was with my ex then I quickly deleted it. And yes, some will simply use it for ego boosts.

But believe me, it's so much nicer than the things that have dominated the gay 'dating' app landscape last few years.

This is the first 'straight' one to gain traction - be thankful! Us gays have seen it all! Grindr makes me want to tear out my eyes.

That said - it's not for everyone.

And looks are part of attraction. It's a fact. That said, physical attraction is...like it says, physical. I never think it's until you meet someone in real life that you know.

Really Tinder sounds like every other dating app, it will work for many, just as it will seem a waste of time to others. You have to be patient in these things I believe.

The boy has been very understanding these past few weeks. From my health scares, to having a proceedor in a few weeks, to having to deal with me getting upset over things with my family. Poor bugger.

I'll be treating him to a big lunch this weekend.

Tinder is a bit of a breath of fresh air. It feels "cleaner" somehow. I like the facebook connectivity too. You have to be "yourself" as you are to most people online, not just a picture of a penis/abs/whatever. You can see mutual friends (talking point), and you can't pester or be pestered unless you 'match'.

Facebook was the biggest thing putting me off trying it. So I created a new Facebook account. Mainly because I don't trust Facebook to not post to everyone about what I'm doing, but also because I don't "like" any pages on Facebook (as it seems to be the cause of most of the spam in your feed).

My new profile is still me, with pictures I have on my Facebook, and as I don't use it as Facebook, I can like all the pages of things that interest me without worrying about spam and stuff.

So far, I don't really like it. It doesn't seem very personal at all. There also seems to be way too many girls who only have group photos.

Really Tinder sounds like every other dating app, it will work for many, just as it will seem a waste of time to others. You have to be patient in these things I believe.

The boy has been very understanding these past few weeks. From my health scares, to having a proceedor in a few weeks, to having to deal with me getting upset over things with my family. Poor bugger.

I'm not funny enough to make avoid joke about this blatant innuendo from Wolfy.

ReZ? Moogle? Anyone?

Hmmm. Okay. Although I'm not normally very funny when under pressure like this. Here goes.

I bet you'll be a weekend this lunch him.

I'll give it a go, I can always rely on my crass humour.

You should take him to Subway, that way you can both enjoy a foot-long at the weekend.

Bring it up in a conversation but don't make it obvious. So for instance, if she talks about the break-up, just say "If you need to talk or anything, I'm right here"

She'll be all "Oh, okay, thanks!"

And then totally break it and say something like "I'm glad I'm not in a relationship right now. It's good to be single" or something.

It's a nice way of saying I'm not interested whilst making it seem like you've been oblivious to her actions.

Well, I would've used your advice, but it kinda didn't work out that way :D

Yesterday she spent the night, we watched some TV, got closer and eventually we made out.

And I thought: "Man, you should tell her what this is about" so I said: "If you want more, I'm not sure whether I can do this."

Her response (with a cheeky grin): "Don't worry, this is just about sex" and then she took off my shirt.

I guess I don't need to go on describing the events that followed :p

A little anecdote: I always wanted to have sex to the following track:

Later that night, I put on a She Wants Revenge playlist and, well... ;)

Edit: Fuck, didn't see that this would be a double post -.-

Doesn't matter, had sex.