NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

I know this is a spoiler-free thread but seeing as it has already been posted regarding the GT review, I have a question about the save system which I will now spoiler...

What do they mean by 'there aren't enough save ppints' e.g does the game have a Majora's Mask style save system or can you actually save anywhere except from when in a dungeon where the system perhaps changes?

[spoiler=]I get the feeling it's like Metroid, but I don't know.

I know this is a spoiler-free thread but seeing as it has already been posted regarding the GT review, I have a question about the save system which I will now spoiler...

What do they mean by 'there aren't enough save ppints' e.g does the game have a Majora's Mask style save system or can you actually save anywhere except from when in a dungeon where the system perhaps changes?

Just sent you a PM with the answer.

Just sent you a PM with the answer.

Thanks Mike :)

Knowing this now makes me want the game even more.

Ah, I couldn't resist watching that Gametrailers review. Don't regret it either, although obviously it shows you lots of scenes. The music is fabulous, surely a new benchmark for the series. Not surprising, perhaps, considering it's the first orchestrated soundtrack, but reassuring all the same.

Do you really thing (by seeing the review) that this game can be one of the best zeldas yet? What is your feedback? Without spoiling xD

oh man, i want this so bad! soo much temptation now that some shops in the Netherlands sold it a week early. I gave in and watched about 5min of a live stream on twitch.tv i gotta keep away.

Not that i want to use a guide and i wont, but does anyone know where you can get the ltd edition guide book? want it for my collection,

oh and my copy was shipped today :D

Not that i want to use a guide and i wont, but does anyone know where you can get the ltd edition guide book? want it for my collection,

GAME does. Ordered mine from there as well (for collectors purpose, I swear ;)). Surprised Amazon still doesn't have it listed.

Where was that from? Still no word from ShopTo...*worried*

Where was that from? Still no word from ShopTo...*worried*

It's only Monday, and ShopTo aren't exactly that up for saying "We've sent it." My friend got Assassin's Creed from them. Money didn't get taken from his account or Shipping Notice until very early Saturday morning and he received it in the post on Saturday

Ah, ok then. Not sure if I've ever actually bought stuff from them so no idea what they're like(though I did have some reservations about them). I swear they took the money for the preorder back when I placed it though. As long as I don't get it later than friday, I'll probs be happy. Would be nice to get it a bit early, though!

With Skyrim and AC I think I will just wander down to the store and buy it there on Friday, instead of pre-ordering online and hope to get it early.

It's only Monday, and ShopTo aren't exactly that up for saying "We've sent it." My friend got Assassin's Creed from them. Money didn't get taken from his account or Shipping Notice until very early Saturday morning and he received it in the post on Saturday

Same happened with me and Halo Anniversary.

You'll definitely get it by Friday, Rummy. Rest assured.

They credit you with 3 quid if not.

So once the game is on general release, does this thread die and everyone will move to the Spoiler topic? If that's the case it'd be good if we could use spoiler tags in that one? What say ye N-E?

Would hate to go in there looking to say how amazing the 1st dungeon's boss was, only to be spoiled by something 4 dungeons later in the game that wasn't spoiler-tagged.

So once the game is on general release, does this thread die and everyone will move to the Spoiler topic? If that's the case it'd be good if we could use spoiler tags in that one? What say ye N-E?

Would hate to go in there looking to say how amazing the 1st dungeon's boss was, only to be spoiled by something 4 dungeons later in the game that wasn't spoiler-tagged.

I think once the game is out we play it and don't leave our Wii consoles until it's complete. :heh:

Nah, leave this one open. There may be non spoiler tagged stuff in there that people posted before it was released.

Dante are you totally incapable of putting up a post on this thread without f-ing spoilers?

ShopTo usually change the status to processing a couple of days before release. Then they will ship it which sends you an email as far as I remember.

Then to be extra sure they now take a picture of your parcel which basically states it is almost definitely on its way.

So you should have no trouble with knowing I it's on its way soon. In my experience they are always a day early.

Do you really thing (by seeing the review) that this game can be one of the best zeldas yet? What is your feedback? Without spoiling xD

Me? I'll get into trouble again if I answer that! ;)

But what the heck... No, I highly, highly doubt that this will be up there with what I consider the best Zeldas (OOT, MM, WW), although I do expect it to be the equivalent of Twilight Princess.

The game seems so unconventional. I suspect they've listened to the fans who wanted innovation too much, which to me was not the problem with Twilight Princess. Put it this way: the way they've structured Skyward Sword doesn't seem like the natural way I'd want to improve the series.

BUT I think this could be just as enjoyable as Spirit Tracks. I wasn't very excited about that game, but when I played it, I couldn't really fault it. Nintendo's designers are on good form, I wouldn't argue with that.

Ok, I'm not even gonna read what @Dante wrote : D Thanks for the heads up, @Ronnie.

PS: Someone better remove that post, the temptation is getting bigger... o_O

I went on shopto on Saturday and paid in advance in hopes that it would speed up the order process

Man I hope they ship soon I can't wait any longer