N-Europe

Carlsberg did it again!!!

Jimbob

3rd year in a row as well.

It is the birthday of our resident Dane, Dannyboy-the-Dane. Now left the comfort of the teen world, and into Adulthood. Turning 20 in the process.

Let us rejoyce in much needed celebration.

28651_1437491012940_1102944964_31298643_6652495_n.jpg

Let us celebrate, with CAKE!!!

0008t3xk

Dane Lad Daniel! May I wish thee a joyous birthday in this wondrous occasion! Or...

Tillykke med din fødselsdagen!

...as you Danes might say :)

I thank thee, Sir Nash! :D

However, I do feel inclined to correct your otherwise commendable venture into the language of the Danes, for it does contain one small error; the "-en" suffix of "fødselsdag" is superfluous and grammatically incorrect, for it indicates definiteness, yet the definiteness is already marked by the preceding possessive pronoun "din", and thus the noun does not keep the definite suffix it would have otherwise had.

(And just to confuse things, in Swedish, the noun does keep its definite suffix even if a possessive pronoun is present. :heh:)

Well, if we're correcting grammar, you wouldn't have a definite suffix and a possessive pronoun in Swedish, either.

But it's your birthday, so I guess we can let it slide.

No? But you hear them use the definite forms of nouns with possessive pronouns all the time. What have I misunderstood?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_grammar#Articles_and_definite_forms

"When an adjective is used in front of a noun with the definite article, an additional definite article is placed before the adjective(s). This additional definite article is det for neuter nouns and den for common nouns, e.g. den nya flaskan (the new bottle), det nya brevet (the new letter), de nya flaskorna (the new bottles)."

So I couldn't decide on whether I should do a Phoenix Wright-themed message or a Sherlock Holmes-themed message...so I did both already!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

sherlockholmes_poster1_m.jpg

Happy Birthday Dannyboy, I hope you have a great day! :D:D:D

I thank thee, Sir Nash! :D

However, I do feel inclined to correct your otherwise commendable venture into the language of the Danes, for it does contain one small error; the "-en" suffix of "fødselsdag" is superfluous and grammatically incorrect, for it indicates definiteness, yet the definiteness is already marked by the preceding possessive pronoun "din", and thus the noun does not keep the definite suffix it would have otherwise had.

(And just to confuse things, in Swedish, the noun does keep its definite suffix even if a possessive pronoun is present. :heh:)

Ah! :red:You win this round, Danish language...

So, for a proper felicitation...

Tillykke med din fødselsdag! :)

Well, it's practically become tradition by now. :heh:

It has indeed.

And, you wouldn't believe that i found both pictures on Google. Somehow, i havn't figured how to share from facebook yet. Either that, or they removed the feature.