Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

daftada

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume a lot of people went for the eshop download for better access?

I actually bought a physical copy then bought a download copy the next day because of the convenience of having it on my system at all times.

Just wish eShop games were £30 max and there was a definite account system. It's way too scary to think I'd lose these games if something happens to my system.

Oh ball bags I just sold my fishing rod. Hopefully I'll be able to buy a replacement tomorrow. :(

I'll give you the spare I bought today if you wanna pop over to my village.

Friend code is: 4269-3005-7072, I PMed you too, but upon checking it seems we're already friends although you were last online 5 days ago?

Edited by Guy
Automerged Doublepost

Paid the 20,000 this morning to give my town the wealthy ordinance so from tomorrow I should be able to sell stuff for more. Also started my first project, getting another bridge put in to make things easier. Now just waiting for re-tail to open so I can check the turnip prices.

I built a new bridge (completed today) so I can get around easier now! Also my night owl ordinance has kicked in today so the shops will be open later (like Re-tail which will be apparently open til 3AM now). Perfect for someone like me. ;)

I actually bought a physical copy then bought a download copy the next day because of the convenience of having it on my system at all times.

Just wish eShop games were £30 max and there was a definite account system. It's way too scary to think I'd lose these games if something happens to my system.

I'll give you the spare I bought today if you wanna pop over to my village.

Friend code is: 4269-3005-7072, I PMed you too, but upon checking it seems we're already friends although you were last online 5 days ago?

When you think about it though, the only circumstance in which you won't get your e-shop games back is if you lose your 3DS. If you lose your 3DS with your physical inside you also lose the game. Admittedly you won't lose all your games though, unless you lose your 3DS inside its case with a load of other games.

Nintendo really need a cloud save system like Sony, as well as accounts for redownloading software.

i have to say i am absolutely loving this game, and i really didn't think i would.

I haven't played an animal crossing since the first one, which i imported from the US just after it launched there, i just regretted the decision as i found it boring at the time.

But this is surprisingly fulfilling, i'm not as advanced as you guys, hell i haven't even got a watering can yet.

i've been donating loads of fish/bugs and fossils to the museum, are you guys doing this straight away? or selling and completing the museum later?

i need to find someone online with fruit other than oranges, everyone yesterday only had oranges, are they super common or something? i want to create a forest of fruit trees

also what is this Island you all keep mentioning

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Just went to the Island for the first time, caught and collected a load of new stuff then it was all gone by the time I got back to my town :( How do you transfer the stuff you collected back?

You are supposed to drop it off in the basket you can find near the exit when you go back to your town. Once you have deposited the items in there, you can pick them up again from the basket you find on the pier.

I logged on for a few minutes this morning. Got my permit and changed my town to Night Owl. I was also told that I could go to the island today. I also started a campsite as it apparently brings visitors throughout the year. I can work on getting around easier at a later date. My town doesn't seem to be that bad for navigation.

i've been donating loads of fish/bugs and fossils to the museum, are you guys doing this straight away? or selling and completing the museum later?

---

also what is this Island you all keep mentioning

I'm donating everything first. As for the island, you get told about it when you get your permit. It has rarer animals and bugs.

When you think about it though, the only circumstance in which you won't get your e-shop games back is if you lose your 3DS. If you lose your 3DS with your physical inside you also lose the game. Admittedly you won't lose all your games though, unless you lose your 3DS inside its case with a load of other games.

Nintendo really need a cloud save system like Sony, as well as accounts for redownloading software.

But in theory a digital purchase should be available, like Steam, on any device your account is signed into just like a cartridge. One of the massive benefits of digital games is that, unlike a cartridge or disc, it's impossible for it to be lost or stolen. Nintendo are still playing catchup, but they'll get there eventually.

Once Nintendo pull their heads out of the sand, their digital purchases will be extremely attractive as there will be more benefits from going digital than owning a heap of cartridges.

Edited by Guy

i need to find someone online with fruit other than oranges, everyone yesterday only had oranges, are they super common or something? i want to create a forest of fruit trees

It's random, I think the chances of getting any fruit is the same. I haven't seen a single orange yet.

I was gifted a Lychee today, so i guess we have a new tree/fruit tree. Have planted it, may time-travel to get the tree quicker. So if anyone fancies a Lychee, my gates will be open 9pm tonight.

Sod it, will time travel to see. Lovely tree indeed. 9pm tonight, look for Whiterun and i'm under the name "Darius"

Edited by Jimbob

I really dont see the point in time traveling. The whole appeal of this game for me is its real time nature, thats what keeps me playing the Animal Crossing games everyday for months or even a year or so. If I was to start getting things too quickly it would just give me less to do later.

I was gifted a Lychee today, so i guess we have a new tree/fruit tree. Have planted it, may time-travel to get the tree quicker. So if anyone fancies a Lychee, my gates will be open 9pm tonight.

Sod it, will time travel to get it and a few more pear/apple trees and hopefully an axe a little quicker. 9pm tonight, look for Whiterun and i'm under the name "Darius"

I hope you have plenty of sweat rolls cos i've got light fingers