N-Europe

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

daftada

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so (that was the case with Wild World on DS) not sure though.

@Mike, do you know if towns can still be online during sleep mode?

No, good question, I've not tried that. To be honest, I've not done a huge amount of online stuff - I think I've only met online with two people. Hoping that'll change really soon though. Looking forward to you guys all getting it next week!

How much will the digital copy be?

It would make things much easier to not have to carry the game around, but if it's £39.99 and I can get it for £27 on shopto, then they can suck a fat one.

The eShop says £34.99, so GAME might be doing the download code for cheaper than that, as they do with some of the other downloadable games.

Ok, I've never played an Animal Crossing game before – can anyone sell me on this game? I'm aware that it has a cult following, excellent review scores and is highly regarded amongst gamers, but it just sounds so damn boring! Why do people love it so? Do you need to have a mild form of OCD to enjoy this game? Why do you prioritise purchasing a game centred on paying off virtual debt over contributing to your real-life mortgage? Seriously, I'd love to hear if anyone else shared the same perspective as me before getting hooked by it, or if anyone could comment on why they love the series and are looking forward to this instalment in particular. I consider myself to be a pretty open minded gamer, but having said that I'm not sure I want to spend £30-40 on a game I'm intuitively tuned off by. Convert me.

Probably can't sell you on it myself. I think one of the biggest draws of it is the literally real world real time system - you play at 9am, it's 9am. You play at 6pm, it's 6pm. Things happen in your down on certain days and at certain times, it's a world that goes on without you but because of that you almost deftly wish to be a part of it. You craft the town too, the mortgage just a ends to a means really. The social aspect blows it open, visiting friends, giving gifts, trying to complete collections, get certain items, trading turnips. You DO find yourself trying to make money for the mortgage(which can be helped by collecting foreign fruit from foreign towns, planting and growing), or just trying to make/get cool stuff - the thing is it takes time. You don't sit down for a 5 hour sesh of AC, you pop in and out - check day to day, see how things are, find suprises.

I dunno really. Typing it all makes it sound fairly boring, but there's something to it I can't quite explain.

Happenstance posted the IGN review recently and I think that Audrey answers that question quite nicely. Be sure to read the full review if you hadn't done so already. Besides, I'm an AC noob and just dived into Wild World head-first. Never regretted it.

"Some games are short but sweet, concluded after a single, glorious play session. Others require a few sleepless weeks of dedicated play to unlock all of their mysteries. Then there are the very few games that take on a whole digital life of their own – that become a part of the player’s daily ritual for years to come, with more to gain and accomplish than you could ever truly quantify. Animal Crossing: New leaf is one of the latter. It’s also one of the most charming, addictive games I’ve ever played."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/04/animal-crossing-new-leaf-review

They won't. GAME put the digital codes up Friday (or Saturday in the case of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon). DKCR went up at Midnight though if you can stay up.

I just tweeted them and they informed me that they're working digital pre-orders as they currently don't offer it. But they did confirm that the digital version Animal Crossing will be £29.99 when it goes live.

I just tweeted them and they informed me that they're working digital pre-orders as they currently don't offer it. But they did confirm that the digital version Animal Crossing will be £29.99 when it goes live.

Nice. Wanted digital preorders for a while, thinking about getting Pokemon X digitally, would have bought a code for this but opted to get it free from the Too Many Games promo.

Not thought about my town name yet, it's always the hardest thing to decide on. Plus I suck at naming things.

I'm terrible at naming things too, but I've decided my town is going to be called... Oakland! It was either that or Sherwood. I love trees, so the name had to reflect that somehow.

I'm going to be the Mayor of Oakland!

I will be getting it digitally, as it just makes more sense. Plus I realised I still had an eshop voucher for £15 (thanks @Sprout, I will finally use it!) so I can get the game for something like £20, yay! Looking forward to it. =)

You name your town?!! Sweet!

I also have noooo idea what to name it.

Oooh maybe Eternia!! After He-Man! I love that.

Aneres11 - mayor of Eternia. God I just nearly orgasmed at my desk at work for thinking that one up!

You name your town?!! Sweet!

I also have noooo idea what to name it.

Oooh maybe Eternia!! After He-Man! I love that.

Aneres11 - mayor of Eternia. God I just nearly orgasmed at my desk at work for thinking that one up!

Ok....and breath!

I don't get it, why is Nintendo eShop charging £35 for it and GAME is selling the download version for £29.99? Now I don't know whether to get it from eShop since I have £40 credits on it already or pay extra to buy it from GAME.