N-Europe

The Apple Thread

Nintendohnut

The same Apple that were saying the new iPad had 4G in countries that didn't even have 4G? Don't expect them to clear things up any time soon :heh:

As others have said, reliable media sources will dig into this so they'll be the best place to look.

Very good point!

considering the cost of the 5, its just not worth upgrading to one so i'm off to Android, i may return for an iphone 6 who knows, but if android is as good as they say i may not

I mean on a£36 a month contract with o2 you pay £19.99 for the S3

on the same contract for the Iphone 5 (assuming 32gb to be comparable memory to the S3) then it will cost you £199 for the handset

that alone right there made my mind up

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good point!

considering the cost of the 5, its just not worth upgrading to one so i'm off to Android, i may return for an iphone 6 who knows, but if android is as good as they say i may not

I've been an iPhone user for about 4 years now. I've been using Android a lot at work recently (tablets, the new Galaxy Note 10.1 that is advertised everywhere).

IMO, Android ICS is nowhere near as good as iOS. Everything is in different places, it's nowhere near as user friendly as iOS is. The functionality is exactly what I thought I would want from a tablet, but having used it, it's not as good as iOS.

The one thing I do love is having widgets, though.

I've been an iPhone user for about 4 years now. I've been using Android a lot at work recently (tablets, the new Galaxy Note 10.1 that is advertised everywhere).

IMO, Android ICS is nowhere near as good as iOS. Everything is in different places, it's nowhere near as user friendly as iOS is. The functionality is exactly what I thought I would want from a tablet, but having used it, it's not as good as iOS.

The one thing I do love is having widgets, though.

well that was no help lol, its worse than ios but widgets are great......its a damn juggling act deciding!

can we still return phones after 14 days? or does that only apply to online purchases or via telephone? i don't want to get an S3 hate it and be stuck with it

recycling my iphone 4 is an option, its currently worth £135 so that would mean overall the iphone 5 if i went with that would cost me only £64, which is still more than a Galaxy S3

and saying that i could get the S3, trade in my iphone and have £115 to myself...

i'm just rambling on to myself now so i'll stop

I find the exact same thing, but going the other way. I find when using iOS everything just isn't where i would expect it to be, and i find it frustrating when i can't work out how to do something.

I think it just depends on what your used to. I'm sure if i spent a bit of time using iOS, that would clear up, and vice versa.

Just ordered my nano sim for my iPhone 5 that should arrive Friday.

A forum I am on said that Vodafone were being a little difficult in store / over the phone re the nano sim, some claiming they weren't getting them in for a few weeks. ::shrug:

Anyway someone ordered theirs through the online chat function on the Vodafone website.

I just did the same. Very helpful and all ordered to be here in 3 days apparently.

Someone ordered theirs Friday evening and it came today for them so hats off to Vodafones online chat function!

I find the exact same thing, but going the other way. I find when using iOS everything just isn't where i would expect it to be, and i find it frustrating when i can't work out how to do something.

I think it just depends on what your used to. I'm sure if i spent a bit of time using iOS, that would clear up, and vice versa.

Yeah I'm like this with the iPad. It frustrates me on a regular basis :heh:

Plus the App Store (as a tool) is much, much worse in my opinion. Yes okay I clicked download, you don't need to prove to me you've done it!

Same here. I don't think I've ever needed to Google any features on the SII. I picked it up straight away and everything you want or need is usually the first thing you try (hold down to move icons, etc), and when I used iOS it was just....confusing and shit.

Anyone who can't switch seamlessly between OSs in under 30 seconds should be classed as mentally defunct. Same with Windows and Mac. Neither are remotely difficult to use unless you are literally a cretin.

iphone+vs+galaxy+s3.jpg

Edited by Daft

Anyone who can't switch seamlessly between OSs in under 30 seconds should be classed as mentally defunct. Same with Windows and Mac. Neither are remotely difficult to use unless you are literally a cretin.

Great addition to the conversation there, mate. We were having a discussion about the pros and cons of each OS and what we personally liked most about each one.

Anyway, I bet that I can find loads of people who would struggle to switch from an iPhone to Android because they are older and didn't grow up with technology as we did.

Anyway, I bet that I can find loads of people who would struggle to switch from an iPhone to Android because they are older and didn't grow up with technology as we did.

Well obviously they are all cretins. There's just no other explanation.

Mmmm...

Yes. The differences. That you are used to one over the other. That's not a difference, that's a preference.

And since we're on a forum full of tech savy people, that comment obviously wasn't a sweeping generalization and was for people in this thread, mate.

Also, why should my opinion that the differences are so minuscule it's pointless really pull them all out be any less invalid than what you're saying? I think we've come full circle and got to the point that phones used to be at, that they all do pretty much the same thing.

I have to say my biggest bug bear with a lot of the iOS is strange placement and odd decisions! like buy an app and it craps out of app store to show you the app is there... give me a shopping chart of do it without stopping me browsing the store.

Or the thing that really annoys me, multi tasking and how to close apps - good god its annoying when you have multiple apps open and want to close them, double click* bring up apps open menu, hold apps as if you are moving them, click the x on that one app, then the next, then the next, then the next!!!!!

the amount of times i have multiple ones and i'm trying to close them, that i accidently hit the screen a little two high and it closes the open apps window so i have to start the process again..

as for the * the damn menu button on my iphone is useless! when its locked it barely registers you clicking it, when unlocked its tempremental, click it twice and it thinks you've done once. no amount of cleaning the phone etc improves it (in case it is dirt) it becomes most annoying when you are in an app and want to close another app thats open, it will not register the double click and will kill the app.

I shouldn't have to switch on the disability setting to have a virtual button (which was so damned hidden in the menu's)

I've just become a little disenfranchised with iOS' daily use

As long as android offers internet, email, texting and calling then its great! the addition of back buttons and being able to close multiple apps is just a huge bonus

Yes. The differences. That you are used to one over the other. That's not a difference, that's a preference.

In the next line I said, "The one thing I do love is having widgets, though."

There's your difference for you.

And since we're on a forum full of tech savy people, that comment obviously wasn't a sweeping generalization and was for people in this thread, mate.

Your exact word choice was "anyone". Not "anyone on a tech forum". I'm sure you can agree that it does look like a sweeping generalisation. We've had similar discussions before and I'm not going to bother arguing with you again over similar things when I doubt you'll take in any of my points.

Also, why should my opinion that the differences are so minuscule it's pointless really pull them all out be any less invalid than what you're saying? I think we've come full circle and got to the point that phones used to be at, that they all do pretty much the same thing.

Your point that I picked up on was first one (about how everyone should be able to use both operating systems easily). Your 2nd one is valid, they do both do the same things; just in different ways.