Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Adverts that blow: 2011 Edition

Dog-amoto

The Skittles advert really bothers you? :D How is it grim? If it helps, within the confines of the fictional universe, it is obviously not a permanent condition, otherwise how would he have that job at all? How did he dress himself? How did he get through the door? How does he usually answer the phone?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Skittles advert really bothers you? :D How is it grim? If it helps, within the confines of the fictional universe, it is obviously not a permanent condition, otherwise how would he have that job at all? How did he dress himself? How did he get through the door? How does he usually answer the phone?

Exactly.. it doesn't make any sense :heh: Apart from that, though, it's perfectly believeable :grin:

The Skittles advert really bothers you? :D

No, I just think it's a shit advert and that's what this thread is for, right?

How is it grim?

You really can't see it, the poor guys life is ruined.

If it helps, within the confines of the fictional universe, it is obviously not a permanent condition, otherwise how would he have that job at all?

He got the job before the condition manifested. It's obviously a recent development, hence his work mates coming to gorp at him.

How did he dress himself?

Probably with help from his wife or another family member, that is implied in the advert.

How did he get through the door?

Automatic door? Or he just touches the door and it dissolves in to skittles and he steps through.

How does he usually answer the phone?

Before the affliction of skittles touch? As I've already covered it's obviously a recent development.

The guy even says it's pretty awesome.

He says 'Is it awesome?' as he clearly doesn't think so.

Edited by The Mad Monkey

The skittles advert is just black comedy, which always divides people. Personally I think it's sufficiently absurd to be funny, but I guess you could think otherwise. I'm partial to lightish black comedy, anyway - these are two of my favourite comics:

2008-05-16-408robot.gif

PyCZu.png

Whoever posted that Aviva advert wins the thread, that is literally the worst. I especially hate it when he 'tapdances'...smug bastard! lol.

Does it count if it was created last year and is still shown today? If so...

Yeah, someone put that on Facebook earlier, it's grand.

Still love that Skittles advert. It's really well made. Gets everyone talking too, so the advertising is clearly doing its job..!

As for the life insurance Aviva ad.. again, well made advert. A bit of a depresser but created well. Was actually impressed by the reaction it got out of me. It's an advert! Designed to make me give them money! And as much as I hate the collection of recent Aviva ads, the name will be stuck in my head when I think of insurance. Much like We Buy Any Car, Wonga, Go Compare and Compare the Market.

So as far as the companies are concerned.. top marks.

The Aviva advert I think is brilliant, actually. It handles the issue incredibly well.

The Skittles advert ... I really do see the humour in it, especially as his entire desk turns to Skittles, but there's just something jarring about the tragedy of it. I dunno why, really, as I'm normally a big fan of dark humour, but there's just something about the execution here that doesn't work for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been forced to bring this thread back because of the following couple of adverts..

I'm not a violent person but I'd take great pleasure in penetrating a brick wall with that guy's head.. he has more than earned it :nono:

Painful viewing :sad: It's just as bad as the Tangfastics advert..

Haribo? Haribollocks :mad:

Mentioned earlier:

One ad that does blow is the Wedding Tangfastics. Fucking pussies can't take their sweets.

I agree with you all.

Haribo seem shit in making their adverts, their new "Super Mix" has parents looking like they wish a meteor would hit them as they dance like a drunk father-in-law at a wedding (probably a shitty Tangfastic wedding)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!