NEurope
jayseven

Living Hell.

Theoretical, hypothetical, unreasonable.

What's the most torturous, evil, twisted, mean thing that would replicate a living hell?

In a book I'm reading, this guy has captured one of his enemies, beheaded him yet kept the head alive on a life-sustaining device (sci-fi, duh) that hangs from his ceiling. The head is conscious and can see and hear everything, but the tongue has been cut out. The device has the capability to heal damaged tissue.

At least daily, the captor decides to take out his aggro on the head. For three years - and no end in sight.

I can't comprehend how horrifying that would be to endure. But can you do better?

You can invent a non-existent (yet somewhat plausible) scenario if you wish. The ability to keep someone perpeptually alive will almost be a default setting here, but I'd like to see what people think would be a realistic Hell as well.

And no, I do not have any enemies in mind :P

I remember an episode of Prison Break where a guy was tied up to a chair, his captor stabbed an iron rod on each of his fingers (through his fingers, not a transversal stabbing), wired each of the rods to an electrical generator, and sent an electrical surge at regular intervals.

Also, the generator was also wired to a pacemaker (?) of sorts (something that measured heart activity), and automatically launched a new surge whenever the guy was falling unconscious, to keep him awake at all times.

Suffering through that until death or insanity would be pretty hellish, though I'm sure there's much worse. I'm just going by an immediate example.

Groundhog Day always reminds me of a personal hell. Reliving the same day over and over again, with the same things happening, the same dialogue, that is torture.

Although, of course the film ends up with Bill Murray being happy, and getting out of his rut. But, still, there's a darkside there.

Being buried alive or seeing a loved one get hurt or tortured.

the ultimate.... CLUSTER HEADACHES (not the same as a migraine). It feels like someone is shooting electricity through your brain, your entire body goes numb and the pain is something incomparable.. it genuinely feels like your brain is rotting and you could die.

I had toothache a few months ago for about a week. It was the worst thing I've ever had to endure. It probably isn't the most painful thing ever, but it's really terrible.

Papercuts!

Or... Being turned into a ghost of some kind but you have no affect on the physical world. Not only that but someone else has possessed your body and is going around living your life... but being a bit of a dick too. You're forced to watch someone else living the life you left behind (you cannot move more than 10 feet away or something), no one can hear or see you and you can't touch anything.

Being tied to a chair or being incapacitated somehow, with someone peeling your skin and flesh off like Cheesestrings. Then it grows back and repeats over and over again. While having an everlasting panic attack. And the person also stabs a scalpel into your eyeballs.

"Rooms"

The victims are kidnapped and taken to the location. Each day a new victim is found. This living hell starts at the first room. The Room of Darkness. They are drugged and placed into the room. Apart from the unreachable ceiling with necessary air and ventilation system, the room is completely sealed (it does have a door, but it opens outwards and is unfeelable from the inside. It is pitch black and completely sound proofed. Would it be interesting if the victim was left for more than a day? It absolutely would. But this is not how "Rooms" works. When the twenty third hour approaches the door opens to reveal the next room.

The second room has bright lights all around. At first it would blind the victim, but the eyes would eventually adjust. In the centre of the room is a beaker of water and slice of white bread with protein paste. All rooms here on out are NOT soundproofed, and should the screams of the victim in the room ahead be heard...then so be it. This room is the uncomfortable room. The lights become ever brighter, sounds of varying intensity is played into the room and the room vibrates to create a truly uncomfortable experience.

The third room is the first devilish room. As the door opens up the lights go off and a small corridor is revealed. When the door closes behind the victim the corridor tips. Covered in washing up liquid, the corridor is impossible to gain traction with and the victim slips and slides down the corridor, before entering the bumpy spiral slide of room three. Very steep but with bump, the slide is covered with tiny spiky mine type things. Think these but small and razor sharp;

3d-spikey-ball.jpg

The slide is very long, it takes almost three minutes to reach the bottom, which is a very small and cramped square, hundreds of the spiky spheres lace the ground, but the cramped space is filled up with about ten inches of black ink.

The rooms here on out may be better or worse, but hearing the screams of the victims in front will ensure your mind thinks about what is coming. Every other room has water or milk and bread and protein paste.

the-human-centipede-the-first-sequence-19.jpg

Being in any of those positions would be pretty fucking horrible. Maybe not the guy at the front so much....but yeah defiantly the middle or end of that would be hell.

the-human-centipede-the-first-sequence-19.jpg

Being in any of those positions would be pretty fucking horrible. Maybe not the guy at the front so much....but yeah defiantly the middle or end of that would be hell.

That was my first thought when I wondered what would be hell.

There's the obvious ones that have been mentioned, but for me it'd be going through a phobia for a consistant amount of time - spiders, heights whatever it happens to be your afraid of.

Forced marriage - forced conception, rape, kidnapping.

Living the same day over and over again was definitely a good one, that'd be awful.

There's so many things you could define as a personal hell, I can't honestly tell you which would be worse for me!

My immortality one was slightly inspired by Flink's mention of Groundhog Day, I think eventually it'd end up kind of the same, and the beauty of it is that you're physically invincible, so it basically just kills your soul. It's actually something I'm finding quite fascinating, I might even start me up a thread about it.

I don't think being immortal/invincible would he hell. Imagine the advances in science you'd get to see. Once the proper space age comes, imagine the new worlds you could potentially explore.

To be honest, the idea sounds pretty good to me.