N-Europe

NINTENDO E3 2011: HOPES, DREAMS, and SWIMMINGPOOL CREAMING DESIRES.

Fused King

I'm starting to think we're all getting hyped up for another disaster by the way.

Every year there's overhype for E3 and it never really, truly delivers, because we all demand the following:

-TONS of massive news

-TONS of new game footage of cool games

-Very little shitty uninteresting stuff

Reality, however, even on the best of years, tends to be:

-TONS of shitty uninteresting stuff

-Very little massive news

-TONS of new game footage of shit games

Now years like 2004, 2006 and 2010, years with a prominent piece of new technology, have been stand out years, definitely, so this should at least be up there...but like they all had a lot of boring shite in the conference as well, so I think it's best to scale the hype back a bit.

I'm still expecting a conference that's something like 50% focused on Wii, DS, sales and expanded audience talk, then like 30% 3DS and like a small and unsatisfying amount of Project Cafe stuff, since technically we're not really even supposed to know the project exists yet, or not in Nintendo's plan anyway.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still expecting a conference that's something like 50% focused on Wii, DS, sales and expanded audience talk, then like 30% 3DS and like a small and unsatisfying amount of Project Cafe stuff, since technically we're not really even supposed to know the project exists yet, or not in Nintendo's plan anyway.

This is definitely a point I agree with.

I remember when the Wii was announced, there was absolutely nothing but bear basic features and if I recall correctly, they didn't show anything of actual gameplay.

Considering Cafe is supposed to be released next year, I have a feeling that if they plan for it to be released late next year we're not going to see much of it at all until may Tokyo Game Show etc.

This e3 has the potential to be amazing for Nntendo - the death knell for the Wii with but going out in style with Zelda (and maybe even the rumoured nsmbwii2). A great future for 3DS with details on more online functionality (messaging invites etc), how street and spot pass are going to be utilised, the video channel and LOADS of awesome games for the future. Then of course Project Cafe, which could be incredible.

Of course it could be a massive disappointment :)

This is definitely a point I agree with.

I remember when the Wii was announced, there was absolutely nothing but bear basic features and if I recall correctly, they didn't show anything of actual gameplay.

Considering Cafe is supposed to be released next year, I have a feeling that if they plan for it to be released late next year we're not going to see much of it at all until may Tokyo Game Show etc.

I'm starting to think we're all getting hyped up for another disaster by the way.

Every year there's overhype for E3 and it never really, truly delivers, because we all demand the following:

-TONS of massive news

Now years like 2004, 2006 and 2010, years with a prominent piece of new technology, have been stand out years, definitely, so this should at least be up there...but like they all had a lot of boring shite in the conference as well, so I think it's best to scale the hype back a bit.

Yeah as said, it's going to be playable here so I doubt we're going to only get a little of Cafe... I don't think we have to worry about not getting enough information this year anyway. The 3DS stuff will excite me alone anyway.

A great future for 3DS with details on more online functionality (messaging invites etc), how street and spot pass are going to be utilised, the video channel and LOADS of awesome games for the future. Then of course Project Cafe, which could be incredible.

I expect to be disappointed in this regard. They better don't though. :heh:

-TONS of massive news

Party pooper. :(

2le6u541785.gif

Same.. Console bundle bound to include carrier pigeons as an alternative to a working messaging feature.

Fantastic! :D:laughing:

Half of me doesn't want this year's E3 to be spoit by exclusive snaps. Remember when when Mario Bros Wii. was seen through drapes? Kinda ruined the OMG moment for me. I'm therefore hoping we can spoiler any pics or have a spoiler thread from here on out to enables us to keep E3 somewhat sacred. Or maybe E3 is all about the thrill of the chase.

Ooooh yeah.