N-Europe

NINTENDO E3 2011: HOPES, DREAMS, and SWIMMINGPOOL CREAMING DESIRES.

Fused King

Does anyone else hope that they tell us only the most important info about Cafe and then spend the rest of the time on the 3DS? They could talk about Cafe more later in the year but now is definitely the time for the 3DS.

I think that will pretty much be the case, IF NINTENDO will hold seperate events for Café before it launches.

Because if this is the only event to show off the console, and Café gets released before next year's E3, we wouldn't have seen much of that thing, now would we?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Project Café

F-Zero and WaveRace as launch games

Dragon Quest X

New Zelda (not Skyward Sword) well on its way

"Super Virtual Console" - every game will not be the same as the original PAL release, but instead run in 1080p at 60fps and be as good as the non-official emulators.

3DS

F-Zero

2D Metroid

Toon Link Zelda

Shantae pts 2 & 3 on 3DS Ware

"Dragon Quest Portable 2" (sequel to IX)

A 2D-only, enhanced-performance option in every game

Does anyone else hope that they tell us only the most important info about Cafe and then spend the rest of the time on the 3DS? They could talk about Cafe more later in the year but now is definitely the time for the 3DS.

Yes, and it's very likely they will. The "Café" is way out and the 3DS needs to start building momentum now. Additionally, they'll probably have precious few actual software to show for the Café.

My (partly devoid of reality) wish-list, ordered by system:

Wii

• They don't waste time on demonstrating WiiMotion+-Play stuff, but directly go to...
  • ...The Last Story making it to the West - Europe included.
  • Awesome Skyward Sword trailer - not exclusively focused on items and mechanics. Somehow they'll have to start the hype.

DS

• They forget, that it exists and throw their muscle behind the 3DS. That system has more need of it.

3DS

• Removing forced mutual registration from 3DS friend system - only one person should need to input the 12 digit friendcode.
  • 3DS gets actual communication features with friendlist people in an update later this year - both text-chat (think online pictochat) and voice-/video-chat on OS level. Voice- and text-chat ideally while playing games.
  • GBA VC for 3DS will be announced
  • Some western 3rd party starts to take Nintendo handhelds seriously and shows off a high-profile project for it (unlikely, they'll rather port everything they can to the PSP2).
  • Mario Kart 3DS will be out by the end of the year and has an online sytem that works as welll as in the Wii iteration, but has actually useful features to race with friends. And a battle mode that doesn't suck.
  • Lots of 3D trailer streaming in the 3DS' eShop, 3D screenshots and not just for the E3 period
  • Remember the "a new surprise everyday" comment from Iwata about pushing content to the 3DS? They better get going, wether it's trailers, Spot pass features or notifications about new Demos for the 3DS store.
  • eStore: Is a bit more Amazon in terms of usability and a bit less stone-age. Will be more inviting for serious Indi-devs instead of giving them the middle finger with file size restrictions from hell.

Café

• They've actually come up with a (controller-) feature, that makes this more than just the Nintendo-HD (which would sell poorly) and has considerably more draw than glasses-less 3D.
  • The controller is not as unwieldy as rumors make it sound, but rather slick. Complete game-streaming would be nice, but there has to be more to it.
  • Café is close to IGN's rumored specs (Nintendo is likely to stay tight lipped about specs anyway)
  • For once, Nintendo hasn't gimped one of the hardware's feature so it'll give 3rd parties no excuses to not port. No tight memory limits (some form of extensible memory, if 8GB flash rumor is true), no less than 1GB RAM, possibly more.
  • Café's online system will be built by someone with a good track record and a lot of expertise in the area, rather than Nintendo. ;)
  • Valve will be on the "Café", games-wise and maybe in respect to the point above. :love:
  • Clear signals from the big publishers: Unconditional 3rd party support.
  • They can actually show a game of their own. Pikmin 3 would be fine.
  • Somehow, they have hacked the backwards-compatibility to Wii games, so that they are rendered in higher resolutions (similar to dolphin, but a bit more efficient :p).
  • While I'm at it: Activision has bullied Blizzard into making a console port of Diablo III. The Café isn't left out. ;)
  • Café manages to stay in the 300$/€ price range. But I'm 99.9% sure, we won't hear a word about price until next year. And 400€/$ wouldn't surprise me. :(

Edited by Burny

Café's online system will be built by someone with a good track record and a lot of expertise in the area, rather than Nintendo.

Valve will be on the "Café", games-wise and maybe in respect to the point above.

This would be :fap:

Just forgo their own attempt and bring full steam integration into a console (with obviously separate catalogues from the PC) but a single account across both unified friends list where you can change your name at will.

It'll never happen, Nintendo moves to quickly for Valve time.

I just want to see stuff about: Mariokart, Super Mario, Kid Icarus, E-Shop, f-zero, luigi's mansion 2 (lol), starfox 3DS & please announce a new starfox game. Probably more stuff.

Café real name reveal as something not shit. Online experience similar to xbox live. No friend codes (never happen).

what more can be added to the above?!

Personally i want to see some good Third party titles

I'd love to see the Café have

-MGS4 ported to it (its not had a special edition yet like the others so that?)

-a new Metroid not based on team ninja's efforts it wasn't so bad but....

-an updated Skyward sword for the cafe

-Blue disk system and playback support

-optional hard drive (rather than just this 8gb flash rumour)

-Some great original games

3DS

-Majora's Mask, Directors cut, restored to 7 dungeons (pipedream as it won't ever happen)

-a Completely new Zelda, based off the OoT engine using WW or Skyward Sword graphics

-Luigi's Mansion port or Sequel

-Pikmin 3DS

-Monster Hunter 3DS

-Metroid Dread

-a super Smash Bros 3DS

-Mass Effect game

-Red Dead Redemption 3DS (new game not port)

and generally someone make a damn continuation of the Legacy of Kain series, we need more proper vampires

Project Café

"Super Virtual Console" - every game will not be the same as the original PAL release, but instead run in 1080p at 60fps and be as good as the non-official emulators.

I love that idea although it would be a massive undertaking

I'll update the original post regularly with these hopes, along with the nicknames who uttered them. That way, we know who to laugh at afterwards. (looking at you /nando/)

I wasn't sure how to take that, Fused King :eek: I can only assume you're referring to how I completely dismissed those Project Café images.. :heh:

I'm also pretty surprised you aren't asking for Little King's Story 3DS and Little King's Story Café :indeed: Anyway, I'll try to keep my own hopes, dreams and swimming pool creaming desires brief.. but not too unrealistic..

/ nando /

- 1080 Snowboarding [Wii] (Balance Board)

- Luigi's Mansion 2 [Wii]

- House of the Dead: Overkill 2 [Wii]

- Excitebots [Wii] (PAL)

- Fatal Frame IV [Wii] (PAL)

- F-Zero 3D [3DS] (Online)

- Killer7 II [3DS]

- Wave Race [Café]

- Excitebike [Café] (Sequel to Excitebike 64)

- Lylat Wars 2 [Café]

..ok.. maybe a little unrealistic :heh: I'd be happy with just one thing from that list, though :hehe: I'd also like there to be an announcement that existing Virtual Console games will be available to download on the 3DS and that those you have already downloaded on Wii can also be downloaded for free on 3DS when you link the handheld to your Club Nintendo account..

Edited by nekunando

I wasn't sure how to take that, Fused King :eek: I can only assume you're referring to how I completely dismissed those Project Café images.. :heh:

I'm also pretty surprised you aren't asking for Little King's Story 3DS and Little King's Story Café :indeed: Anyway, I'll try to keep my own hopes, dreams and swimming pool creaming desires brief.. but not too unrealistic..

Yeah, I was referring to that.

Something about you posting that you dismissed a lot, but we could all point and laugh at you if you were wrong just stuck with me:laughing:

As for Little King's Story, ....I was being a bit modest/realistic I guess.

I'll update my original hopes right away:D

Online experience similar to xbox live. No friend codes (never happen).

This is what I want more than anything. An online experience similar to Xbox Live and make sure that it has party chat! What i'll get is probably some cheap excuses and a shoddy online experience. :(

Games wise, for the 3DS I think we will see Pikmin 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 3DS and more info and dates for the likes of Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and Paper Mario.

For the Wii we will get dates for Xenoblade and Last Story for us westerners and hopefully an epic Zelda trailer that gives focus to the story/bosses/enviroments rather than Motion+. Hopefully we will also get a sweet Zelda surprise what with it being it's anniversary. A Wind Waker DC would do nicely. :D

For Cafe I think they may show a Smash Bros game for it as it will give people a chance to see how the online will work and how most of Nintendo's mascots will look on the machine.

- 1080 Snowboarding [Wii] (Balance Board)

Mind = Blown....

Why this wasn't on Nintendo's agenda at the time of unveiling / releasing the balance board is beyond me.

Do Want.... Do want badly!

I just thought something that would be pretty good - proper Facebook integration/account link.

Link your accounts, so if you're friends with someone on Facebook, they will be on your friends list on the new console without you having to type in the friend code.

Then they can keep their friend code system if they want - but with this you wouldn't have to go through all that stress for people you are already connected to online.

Millions of websites do it nowadays so there's no reason why Nintendo shouldn't.

"Dual platform" lineup: Buy a Café/Wii game, get the same game for the 3DS for free.

Excite racing: a game in the style of Excitebike 64 only with a multitude of vehicles. A challenger to motorstorm, only with Nintendo charms.

Waverace Café: A brand new Waverace that displays Cafés superior performance and introduces online play.

Pilotwings Café: A Pilotwings that takes the same track as Mariokart, in the way that it contains a selection of levels and vehicles from previous games with improved graphics, as well as a selection of new vehicles and levels.

Nintendo GT: Nintendo have no chance to reach out to the core market without a competitor to Gran Turismo and Forza. So a game with a very very wide selection of cars (200+), fairly realistic handling and a few real tracks. HOWEVER, most tracks will be more visually more realistic versions of classic Nintendo tracks. Imagine the layout from Rainbow Road for MK64, only it looks like a spectacular mountain with tunnels and stunning views.

Starfox: A brand new in house developed Starfox without any on foot sections.

Retro Studios FPS: A game based on a strongly improved Metroid engine. Something original, yet an equivelant to Halo, Killzone and Call of Duty. Realistic or not doesen't really matter.

Full backwards compatible Café: Wii and GC compatibility will remain. Virtual console and Wiiware as well.

Nintendo and Sega team up to release the DreamCube. The controller has a removable screen that can be used to play all of the Mario vs Sonic at the Olympics games on the go. Sonic Colours 2 and Mario Sports Mix Ultra as the only launch titles. E3 is gonna be fuckin' sweet.

Yes, this is my prediction.

Nintendo and Sega team up to release the DreamCube. The controller has a removable screen that can be used to play all of the Mario vs Sonic at the Olympics games on the go. Sonic Colours 2 and Mario Sports Mix Ultra as the only launch titles. E3 is gonna be fuckin' sweet.

Yes, this is my prediction.

Oh man, that would be the best E3 ever! My two favourite consoles... as one. And the name DreamCube is also just jizz worthy.

Project Cafe

-Nintendo show a new IP that benefits greatly with the hardware

-Super Smash Bros talked about not shown

-Rockstar might be reference, perhaps announce GTA5 and perhaps even Bully 2

-A couple of third party announcements etc etc...

Nintendo 3DS

-More Mario Kart, Paper Mario, Star Fox shown

-A Retro Studio game

-A Final Fantasy game gets announced (Perhaps even FFVremake)

-Some older DS games released in only Japan may be shown to be released over here

-eShop will soon also have GBA as downloadables

Wii

-Nintendo show more of Skyward Sword, announce the release date.

-Last Story and Xenoblade is mentioned will be released this year.

-Vitality Sensor will be shown again, this time with a game.

I want to see loads more on Super Mario 3DS. Does look incredible from 4 shots alone.

I do wonder if they'll ever make a Smash Bros game again. The last one seemed to drain the creator emotionally and everyone still seems to complain about it. And since Brawl, there's been hardly any new Nintendo characters.

Nintendo GT: Nintendo have no chance to reach out to the core market without a competitor to Gran Turismo and Forza. So a game with a very very wide selection of cars (200+), fairly realistic handling and a few real tracks. HOWEVER, most tracks will be more visually more realistic versions of classic Nintendo tracks. Imagine the layout from Rainbow Road for MK64, only it looks like a spectacular mountain with tunnels and stunning views.

Now this is interesting.

Is this the large chunk of the hardcore they want to win over, or should they attempt to win over the GTA/FPS crowd first?

Just realized I've got to add something to my 3DS wishlist:

3DS Zelda 25th anniversary special edition announcement. Preferably not significantly more expensive than the current bundle, just a subtle Zelda themed-design of the console itself, OoT bundled with it and maybe Links Awakening pre-installed.

This fan mockup would be perfect:

zeldabox.jpg

Might even sway me to reconsider my wait-another-year-stance. :)

Just realized I've got to add something to my 3DS wishlist:

3DS Zelda 25th anniversary special edition announcement. Preferably not significantly more expensive than the current bundle, just a subtle Zelda themed-design of the console itself, OoT bundled with it and maybe Links Awakening pre-installed.

This fan mockup would be perfect:

zeldabox.jpg

Might even sway me to reconsider my wait-another-year-stance. :)

I'd buy that instantly.