N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia II - Hunter's Chance

Jonnas

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a strange thing to do though. What were the chances that Dannyboy would kill? He hasn't done so far, and was unlikely to do now. Which makes me wonder what he was trying to accomplish.

I think I can explain it. In the last game, my only power was to kill, and if I didn't use it, I'd be protected. A redirector would override that and direct my only power, to kill, towards their target of choice. Since I claimed to have the same power as last time, I believe the mafia was betting on jayseven's power being able to direct my kill power towards ReZ even if I didn't use it myself.

Still, had I actually been protecting myself, I don't think a redirector would even have been able to reach me. But I guess it was a gamble on the mafia's part.

Dannyboy, what did your PM say?

"You intended to lay traps around yourself but a barman convinced you to lay traps around ReZourceman instead"?

We're not allowed to post PMs of any sort, but I'll paraphrase: My PM said I was on my way to Cube's when I was stopped by someone offering me a drink. After a few drinks of Scotch I decided to go after ReZ instead, and I managed to lay my traps.

Yeah, 2 more votes.

He hasn't commented yet on why he claimed to have redirected you to Fierce_Link. This is a strange mistake to make, surely you remember your target from the last night? But Dannyboy ended up protecting ReZ. Apart from the obvious, there's something else that isn't right here.

Because it would mean the day would then be over. So, if we want to ask questions about other people, we wouldn't get a chance to do so. (as Diageo pointed out earlier)

I really didn't see that. I thought you were worried that if another person voted a mafia member would jump in and cast the final vote. Your thing makes a lot more sense :-P

Yeah, 2 more votes.

He hasn't commented yet on why he claimed to have redirected you to Fierce_Link. This is a strange mistake to make, surely you remember your target from the last night? But Dannyboy ended up protecting ReZ. Apart from the obvious, there's something else that isn't right here.

It could just be that Jay made a mistake, which exposed himself. Didn't he make a spectacular lynchbomb mistake in another game? or something. Maybe he had a lot going on in real life and just forgot or something.

Yeah, 2 more votes.

Well, he HAS claimed to forget his targets. :heh: But honestly I just thought he made up a target to cover his arse without considering the implications.

I don't add anything to it. That's Jonnas doing it, for dramatic effect.

Plus, each time I've investigated someone, the info has been true each time. It came back that you were a re-director (which you confirmed). It came back that Smeagol was a thief who could also protect. It came back that Dyson was a rough individual who protects others. The info has been right. Nobody else seems to object to the information.

The downside is that the information leaves the alignment ambiguous. It said that Smeagol didn't belong to a group. Does this mean he doesn't belong to the mafia (and is therefore town) or that he belongs to neither mafia nor town (therefore neutral)? Thats what Jonnas has done to make the game interesting and open to interpretation.

I think it is very suspicious what you have done...

I didn't meant that you were purposely tinting the text - I know it's jonnas that adds the flavour, but still the flavour added is a reporter's spin that doesn't truly reflect your target. You targetted me early on and it made me sound dodgy, which I'm not (as you'll see in two more votes because you're all silly).

If you're all agreed that I've confirmed dannyboy is town then my target last night wasn't completely erronerous after all.

I serve Queen Olivia and has done so since she was a princess.

Hehe, it's quite obvious what's going on to me. Jay tried to redirect me to ReZ and get him killed, then blame me for the murder. What he and the rest of his mafia comrades didn't know is that I am actually also a protector. I can protect whomever I want with my traps, not just myself. So I ended up protecting ReZ with my traps instead, explaining why Flink and Cube couldn't reach him. I was actually going to protect you tonight, Cube, but now jay has walked into a trap, so to speak.

So yeah, jay is obviously mafia.

Vote: jayseven

I didn't know it was certain that the queen/princess is good. It was entirely my suggestion that he was 'nefarious' because I assumed the princess was not yet on the throne.

What's "entirely obvious" to you is actually entirely wrong. I redirected you to flink and I knew you, a 'known killer', had promised not to kill. I learned, specifically -

"Dannyboy sure loved a good Scotch. It seems he's James Barker, Angus' twin brother who was thought dead, but now serves the princess. Crazy, huh?"

If it's the princess from the last game (Olivia), then she already has the throne heh.

So you're saying there's another princess around who wants to take the throne?

Not at all :)

I'm not mafia. I'm town. I redirect a to be and I learn a bit about a in the process.

Night 1;

After a few drinks, Zell speaks heartily. It seems his name is Oliver Carter, and he's unsure of whether his plans for tonight were correct or not.

After suggesting that he should visit Heroicjanitor, he agreed and left.

Ninght 2; The moment you stepped out of your room, you were caught in a trap! A net! You took all night to escape, and never made it to Rummy

Night 3; Rummy insisted in drinking beer. He said "I don't trust no drinks of yours. I'm drinkin' good ol' fashioned beer or my god-given name isn't Richard Jansen!"

You let him have his precious beer, while you dropped the hint on Diageo.

Night 4; The moment you offer chair a drink, you see he had already served himself. Odd, you could swear he didn't touch the bottle... He says, "I'm Isaac Gavin, should you want to see more, I'm not hard to find"

You suggest he should target Flinky and he immediately agrees with you. What an odd customer.

(night 5 I missed, night 6 above).

I think it's clear that any mafia have already jumped on my vote train. I'm off to work now. Shame I won't be here to slap you guys when you've lynched me. I'd advise you spend at least 5 minutes looking at any other evidence that is there.

I I dislike being the target of assassination. Im out till later and will layeth a voteth down if lynchbomb does not scare me.

However...with so many players I would be surprised if the mafia didn't target to kill also......

.....ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I FOUND OUT THAT SOMEONE OF UNCONFIRMED ALIGNMENT (WHO HAS GIVEN US VERY LITTLE) TARGETED SOMEONE THAT WAS PROTECTED.....AND THAT SOMEONE IS A NEAR CONFIRMED TOWNIE!!!!!!

I I dislike being the target of assassination. Im out till later and will layeth a voteth down if lynchbomb does not scare me.

However...with so many players I would be surprised if the mafia didn't target to kill also......

.....ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I FOUND OUT THAT SOMEONE OF UNCONFIRMED ALIGNMENT (WHO HAS GIVEN US VERY LITTLE) TARGETED SOMEONE THAT WAS PROTECTED.....AND THAT SOMEONE IS A NEAR CONFIRMED TOWNIE!!!!!!

I know who you targeted. Hope you're not talking about me (with the unconfirmed alignment etc). =P

Jayseven - I thought you said you'd deleted all your PMs and didn't have a record of who you targeted? Funny that you've found them all of a sudden...

Also, if you're mafia, any one of your team mates could have found information like that, then you could just say it's yours. So coming out with all that doesn't really prove anything :p

I won't participate the nekst two days, and I will be generally less active the nekst two weeks. From Saturday to Monday I'm without Internet access.

Tonight I learned that one gentleman evaded death again.