NEurope
ReZourceman

N-Europe London Meet - 16th July 2011

If you deny that you're attending, then doesn't that mean that you are coming, but are refusing to let us know?

What I mean is that I don't know if I'll be coming yet. So I don't want to say I definitely am and also don't want to say I'm definitely not going.

OK that was aweful, considering the phrase is just 'sitting on the fence'.

It was full of awe?

Always sitting on the eddage the fence.

This joke is sponsored by Comedy Rainbow.

It was full of awe?
Indeed it was! fuck I've gotta stop putting an e in that word, no idea why I so often do it.

Yeah, pretty bad, I do apologise, I just couldn't resist.

(also jay don't think i forgot you in the ginger quota but i'm just assuming you're going to be there because, well, cos you're going to be there.)

Londonders(!), if I want to get from Euston train station to the meet, what is the best/easiest way?

Victoria line from Euston to Green Park, then walk from there or change onto Piccadilly Line for one stop to Hyde Park Corner.

You can walk it from green park easy - it's basically just at the other side of the park, isn't it?

Yeah, I used mapmyrun to chart the walk from tube to meet and it'd be just over a mile i.e. easy peasy.

(Ah I thought it was waaay closer than that :S)

A mile isn't particularly far. I don't think Odwin was being sarcastic when he said easy peasy (if that's what you thought).

We're currently looking at hotels to stay at during our vacation, and we have our eyes on the Kings Hotel very close to Hyde Park. Do any of you have any experiences with that place? Is it a decent hotel?

EDIT: Never mind, we found a load of terrible reviews, so we'll look for something else. :heh:

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Dudes and Dudettes, this is an SOS.

Me and Mrs_LiNk are struggling to find a hotel where we can have hot dickings. Basically, we are skint. Ideally, we want a place that is cheap, but nice. As close to Hyde Park as possible. But nice.

Emphasis on the cheap part. And the nice part, also.

Dudes and Dudettes, this is an SOS.

Me and Mrs_LiNk are struggling to find a hotel where we can have hot dickings. Basically, we are skint. Ideally, we want a place that is cheap, but nice. As close to Hyde Park as possible. But nice.

Emphasis on the cheap part. And the nice part, also.

We found a nice room at Kingsway Park Hotel at a somewhat reasonable price - relatively speaking, of course. I'm not sure if it's in your price range, but it looks fairly nice and have got alright reviews.

We found a nice room at Kingsway Park Hotel at a somewhat reasonable price - relatively speaking, of course. I'm not sure if it's in your price range, but it looks fairly nice and have got alright reviews.

It's £220 for two nights, which is way out of our price range. Plus for about £200 we could go to something like an Ibis hotel, which is almost guaranteed to be good.

But yeah, we're having no luck finding anything.

Just had a look and you'll struggle to get anything really cheap for a Friday and Saturday night in the West End in July when schools have broke up in some parts of the country and abroad, unless you want to go for a hostel.

I had a look at lastminute.com and you can get 2 nights in a decent hotel in Wembley for £125, or for slightly more in the Canary Wharf/Docklands area, but they would require a bit of travel into the centre, which isn't too complicated, just not as ideal as you wanted.

Just had a look and you'll struggle to get anything really cheap for a Friday and Saturday night in the West End in July when schools have broke up in some parts of the country and abroad, unless you want to go for a hostel.

I had a look at lastminute.com and you can get 2 nights in a decent hotel in Wembley for £125, or for slightly more in the Canary Wharf/Docklands area, but they would require a bit of travel into the centre, which isn't too complicated, just not as ideal as you wanted.

Last year we had a hotel in Wembley, which to be honest was quite a way to travel by train. Which is why we were hoping for something a little bit closer this time. =/

Yeah, there was also the distance from the station to the hotel, too. It was quite tiring getting to and from the central parts, where we wanted to go.

The trouble is that our budget is pretty short. So, if we can't find something within the budget, we probably won't be able to make eet.