N-Europe

Kids given a brick wall to play with

heroicjanitor

To be fair there's a park near me thats had a huge brick wall as its community play thing for over 15 years, I've never seen it mentioned in the papers.

(Admittedly there are other things like a terrible obstacle course at the same park)

Awesome.

I used to run into brick walls as a kid, SO much fun. :grin:

I would run from the top of the hill and school all the way down and the smack into the wall at the bottom, I often collapsed onto the floor afterwards then dusted myself off and did it again.

It wasn't just walls though Trees were also a good source of running into material. Chairs/desks/tables anything really.

It was painful habit. :p

Hmm. Replacing a whole park for a brick wall. Probably one of the better ideas from a council if i must say so. It can be used not only for football, but for working on your biceps as you lift yourself up. They can think themselves lucky, all i had when i was a kid was a playground with swings, slides and monkey bars. I would have killed for a wall to play on.

And one more thing...............

What-ever you do, don't bully Casey near it!!!

I expected this to be an Onion article. I mean, sure, a wall can provide a lot of fun, but they're REPLACING a PLAYGROUND with one! That's just a big "Fuck you!" to the children.

Exactly, the least they could do was re-tarmac the floor as it looks rough.

WE could shag up against that...

supe-wink.jpg

Angry Eileen Pritchard said: "All youngsters will do is cover it with graffiti, climb on it - then fall off and hurt themselves."

Also anyone else read this as her actual name? From now on, I want to be known as Angry Luke Stevens.