Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Online gamer dies after three-day session

Happenstance

A Chinese man has died after going without sleep and eating little food sleep during a three-day online gaming session.

BBC News reports that the 30-year-old unidentified male lost consciousness in an internet cafe on the outskirts of Beijing.

Local reports claimed that the victim was rushed to hospital but couldn't be revived. It added that he had spent more than £900 on gaming in the month prior to his death.

In 2005, a 28-year-old man died in South Korea in similar circumstances when he played online games for 50 hours without taking a break.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a305497/online-gamer-dies-after-three-day-session.html

I need to try and find the Daily Mail version of this article, im sure there will be some assumption that the gamer was playing games for 3 days straight as training to go kill a load of people.

But seriously.....3 days straight! I would struggle with 3 hours before I got bored and wanted to do something else.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this lead to death though? He must've felt that something was wrong, did he not get up to piss or something? There must've been an underlying health condition. I'm sure I could game/any similar activity for 3 days straight and not drop down dead.

Note: not going to try it.

I'm sure I could game/any similar activity for 3 days straight and not drop down dead.

If you suffer a circulatory collapse after three days with very little movement, hardly any food or drinks and are maybe not the most robust person in the first place, this can well be fatal. If you eat and drink regularly and move around a every now and then, you should be fine.

Edited by Burny

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!