NEurope
Raining_again

Do you blog?

What is it about?

How often do you update?

Which provider do you use?

--

I've started a "weightloss" blog today to discover why I have such a bad relationship with food. >_>

Apparently having a diary of the things you eat is helpful to reflect.. i'm sure it'll be of no interest to most people, more of a support for me and my journey in my own head.

Talk to me kneeeeeeee.

edit: if you really want to read this garbage

Edited by Raining_again

Some people on here use Tumblr.

I'm rocking an old LiveJournal that is now only about games I have finished because people suck and writing about anything else never leads to anything good. [/bitter]

Yeah, Tumblr. 133 posts in under two weeks.

I have a load of other blogs but they all took way too much effort to maintain. And died.

Edit: My bad, 135 posts in two and a half weeks. How time flies.

Edited by Daft

I saw a video on TED.com that says there's something like 50,000 blogs started a day. I generally use these forums for dear-diary type feel-bettering, and I have a pretty heavy sense of doubt when it comes to just how interesting my opinion is so a proper blog hasn't occurred (also the same reason my twittering just doesn't take off). When I discover the instigator amidst the voices I'll contribute to the 'net with something astounding.

But for now I flounder without being an astounder.

I saw a video on TED.com that says there's something like 50,000 blogs started a day. I generally use these forums for dear-diary type feel-bettering, and I have a pretty heavy sense of doubt when it comes to just how interesting my opinion is so a proper blog hasn't occurred (also the same reason my twittering just doesn't take off). When I discover the instigator amidst the voices I'll contribute to the 'net with something astounding.

But for now I flounder without being an astounder.

Just like to point out I very much enjoyed this post. I still think it's worth writing down your current thoughts though, even if they aren't particularly founded on much. It's interesting to see how they develop or potentially change entirely.

It's hard being an introvert.

Makeshiftthanks as I've run out :)

I also have an issue with people being all "ME ME ME!" about every benign thought. I agree that keeping a record of your own thoughts is a good idea, but I'm just not keen on the need/desire to make it public record.

I have no fewer then two Tumblr blogs now -

Poem for the Day, which is what it says it is (all mine!) and Unsorted Mess, which the blog I use for any and all random crap I sees that I likes or need to get out of my system.

I like blogging, it's interesting seeing what your blog looks like once you throw it up, even if few other people read it. It's like looking at a mirror inside your head. Plus it's a good way of building an archive of the things you like/think/need to say. Plus you never know, someone else might like what you say.

I currently have two.

My personal one, which hopefully soon will become paulmuchmore.com when I can be bothered to buy the domain name!

I need to start updating it more as an aspiring journalist!

Then my other one is a uni project, still in its infancy, Soccacity.com, a blog about the five premier league football teams in London. I'm creating a newspaper to go alongside it and will be doing some liveblogging and podcasts on it hopefully.

It would help me very much if you could visit that one to get its view count up, comment, follow on Twitter and like on Facebook as it will help me get a good grade!

I do have a Tumblr somewhere as I sign up for everything in the world but have never used it.

Personal blogs confuse the hell out of me.

As for keeping a record for personal use, why the need to have it on the internet?

I started a blog for student work, which shows progress.

I was told it was really important to do so but I'm less convinced at that as time goes.

It's been dead for the last year and I'll probably delete links to it from websites as soon as a decent portfolio is up.

Tumblerthing also confuses the crap out of me.

But then again I don't like Facebook and wish I could follow people on Twitter without the need for a public account.

Makeshiftthanks as I've run out :)

I also have an issue with people being all "ME ME ME!" about every benign thought. I agree that keeping a record of your own thoughts is a good idea, but I'm just not keen on the need/desire to make it public record.

There's always the draw that you don't have to advertise it. If people enquire, then fine, but it's nomnom to have them written down before they become chronicles of your ever-wilting mind sack.

Making 'em tangible is quite relieving yo'.

I've never understood blogs. It's good when they're doing something exciting, like I might keep a blog if I went travelling or something. But when there's endless videos on youtube of people sat in front of their webcam droning on about the last tv program they saw or what they ate for dinner. Who gives a shit?

I have a blog. Well, many people say it's a blog so I count it as a blog. It's basically full of movie reviews. Nothing else. Every single movie I watch, I review them and I put it on my website. I thought of doing more like movie news and stuff but I don't know if I would have the time to do that, I may do it one day.

Anyway, if you're interested in reading movie reviews, here's my new site: http://www.innersanctumreviews.wordpress.com. (I'm no longer posting on DudeDazz's Movie Reviews, it's now Inner Sanctum Reviews. Nothing's changed really, except for the name and the layout, lol. I still need to design it...)

@ Moog:Aren't you just talking about crappy vlogs?

Time for sum Parry Gripp

I have a blog for my creative... creations. But sadly since I don't have much time to be creative it doesn't get updated much. =P

Still, I hope to use it more in the future. Not that many people follow it, but I don't mind I guess.

Link is in my signature.

Blogging can be great fun! I used to run a personal blog but it soon lost its appeal - pretty much what Wesley said, if it's personal, then why the heck am I putting it online. I think it's better to have a topic to discuss rather than just creating an online diary...unless you're say a musician or something.

Some know I run a blog with some friends (who incidentally I all met through blogging) and I'm pretty darn proud of it. Represents not only a lot of hard work but also a lot of teamwork and cooperation between 12 people from around the world.

http://bnbgaming.com :) woo!

@ Moog:Aren't you just talking about crappy vlogs?

Yeah I am. The sort of shite that clutters youtube.

I've got to echo other people's opinions here. I can understand the benefit of keeping a personal blog, but never understood the need to make it public and try and flog it round the internet.

That Lisa Simpson one is just scary in places haha!

As for personal blogs, I think it's fine to keep them. My friend has one where she posts personal stuff that's happening to her, and it just sorta keeps me up to date as to what is happening in her life.

Mine is more about the work I do and not about my personal life. I figured if people wanted to know about that part, they'd just try to talk to me or contact me or whatever. Plus my life isn't interesting enough to blog about. =P

I use OhLife, http://www.ohlife.com

They email you every day and ask how your day went, whilst also giving you a reminder of what you did a week ago, a month ago, 100 days ago etc. (it's a random one each day). It's pretty cool, and for the most part I only post positive things on there, avoiding things which might lead to disappointment, so that I won't get depressed when I read them in the future.

It's a much more personal blog, you don't share it and get comments, it's simpler than that.

I used tumblr for my personal and uni blog, I'm not a fan of writing 600 pages going ''woe is me, today sucked'' or vice versa anymore, as it's so much easier to use tumblr and post pretty pictures.

Besides blogging on tumblr cheers me up and such, it's lovely and the people can be quite nice too, not to mention there's some freaking hilarious blogs on there.

I use OhLife, http://www.ohlife.com

They email you every day and ask how your day went, whilst also giving you a reminder of what you did a week ago, a month ago, 100 days ago etc. (it's a random one each day). It's pretty cool, and for the most part I only post positive things on there, avoiding things which might lead to disappointment, so that I won't get depressed when I read them in the future.

It's a much more personal blog, you don't share it and get comments, it's simpler than that.

That sounds like a brilliant idea.