N-Europe

Water in Games

darksnowman

The screenshot Shorty posted reminded me of this:

Chrono_Trigger_Zombor.png

It looks a lot better in game, believe me. :)

Ad: Animal Crossing in the rain has a brilliant feel to it. Good call!

DKC 2 is a great shout too, daftada. :hehe: Hows about DKC 3?

TidalTrouble.png

Not only does it look amazing, but this level, Tidal Trouble, has you swimming against the tide. It mixes things up nicely from your usual water level. Kiddy can "skim" over water too with his roll move - a nice mechanic. :cool:

Edited by darksnowman

You cant beat Wave race 64 for the wave physics, really ground breaking stuff at the time and i dont think its been beaten,Bluestorm was again good.

The jetski mode in Resort was good fun, but come on nintendo make a new Wave Race game its been far too long, the 3 major lacking games on the wii are Wave Race,F zero and Starfox :(

Power Cruising in Wii Sports Resort is awesome! :awesome:

The water looks amazing and has a massive impact on game-play:

It also made me want a fully fledged Wave Race game on Wii.

As for older games, it's pretty much all been covered in here I think.

I'd add a mention for Wetrix though, that impressed me back in the N64 days:

Some great suggestions here. MM Zora love is quality. I loved the beaver race. Would spend hours in that watery area :-D

For you Waverace fans who own an iPod touch/iPhone there's a game called Aqua Moto 2. As close to Waverace64 as anything has ever come!

I just realised that we're all idiots.

How have we not mentioned the amazing Fluidity and it's amazing water effects?

That is actually a really good shout. Dunno how we all managed to overlook that one.

Another one has to be Lylat Wars. That opening section, I have great memories of barrel rolling over the waves beneath me. It looked magical at the time.

Not a very good picture but I think the water in Half Life 2 is stunning. (Just started playing through it again.)

WaterReflection.jpg

Especially considering how old the game is. In fact the whole game is pretty stunning considering it's coming up to 7 years old.

I don't care about how water looks, it's how water is gameplay wise, most of my life in gaming I always hated the water parts.

However for me I can not get enough of the smooth gameplay in the water thanks too.

TGS08_mh3_08_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

for-tool-maker_MH3_scshot_Ragiacles_water02_02.jpg

Just playing the the PSP versions and I can't stand not being able to just jump right in and kick the shit of the monster :D

Dammit capcom give me fkn MH3G on Wii NOW!!!!!