Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Crystal Maze

EEVILMURRAY

My Girlfriend and I saw The Crystal Maze yesterday, not seen it for years. But the stupidity of some of the players was astounding. One challenge was wiring up these wires to this massive car battery. The two wires were different colours so he asks which goes positive and negative. Bloke shouts "The positive is the plus sign and the negative the minus sign", completely ignoring the question. And after he'd wired it all up all he had to do was hit a button and get the crystal. Does he do it? No. He bangs on the door to be let out for the last ten seconds.

splash%20screen%20300x400.png

BRING IT BACK.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering why she was in the image results when I found that image...

I'm sure I want it back now. Amanda Holden playing the Harmonica or talking to Mumsie in the Medival Zone?! This doesn't make any sense!

AMANDA HOLDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS HAS RUINED MY DAY >=(

I'm sure I want it back now. Amanda Holden playing the Harmonica or talking to Mumsie in the Medival Zone?! This doesn't make any sense!

I can't really think of any current "celebrities" it could work with. John Barrowman is probably the most suitable person for the role.

Amanda Holden doesn't seem to fit at all for me, she is fit though. Is it definitely coming back? Seems like a big trick if they've chosen me.

I agree with Cube, I also think any of the guys who have played Doctor Who would probably work. It needs someone a bit nuts or it just doesn't work imo.

They are. It's hosted by Amanda Holden.

darth_vader_nooo_7675.jpeg

But, a big yes to bringing back Crystal Maze.

It needs to come back, because there was nothing better than watching this at home with the parents on a Saturday. Bearing in mind, i was only 6 at the time.

Edited by Jimbob

Ahhh the crystal Maze where a marketing team from Dagenham could find out their boss really was a tosser as he picked you for 'another' logic game.

Richard and (ed?)/the jumpsuits and remote control cars/boats were the best bits.

It was never the same when Ed Tudor Pole(?) (Chewed a pole) took over.

I loved the zones and how they got to each one, and things like the start of the show when they had to row up the 'river' to the Aztec zone etc...

It was such an incredible show!

Ahhh the crystal Maze where a marketing team from Dagenham could find out their boss really was a tosser as he picked you for 'another' logic game.

Richard and (ed?)/the jumpsuits and remote control cars/boats were the best bits.

Ooooh no. The one last night had this absolute retard commanding the RC boat. He had to navigate around these icebergs, but kept ramming into them. Everyone kept shouting at him to reverse and turn, but all he kept doing was going back and forth into the wall. It wasn't as if he couldn't see, everything was in plain view.

It's on again in 30 mins, so here's hoping for some pr0 action.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Proves that people lose the ability to control a remote control vehicle when they reach the age of 40. Give that challenge to an 8yr old and he'd blitz that (ice)berg.

Did love it though. The intro etc WAS epic. Then the DOME at the end where some colourblind 'tard would grab 200 silver instead of gold.

Awesome. And then they would win ANOTHER team day parachuting or something equally as mundane after you'd been through the maze.

This is a classic clip of stupidity. Especially for richard at the end :D

As for bringing it back. It needs someone nuts. I do have a slight bit of faith in ITV though. If it was Sky 1 doing this i'd say instant fail. Sky 1 fuck up EVERY classic tv show.

Edited by mcj metroid

Proves that people lose the ability to control a remote control vehicle when they reach the age of 40. Give that challenge to an 8yr old and he'd blitz that (ice)berg.

Did love it though. The intro etc WAS epic. Then the DOME at the end where some colourblind 'tard would grab 200 silver instead of gold.

Awesome. And then they would win ANOTHER team day parachuting or something equally as mundane after you'd been through the maze.

Stolen from the Wiki:

After much experimentation with samples of dozens of different foils, the production team found only one which worked properly in the Dome without either falling to the floor and staying there, blowing straight to the top of the Dome and staying there, or 'sticking' to the wall panels. Unfortunately, this foil-like material was only manufactured in silver, so the gold tokens were actually silver ones which were sprayed with gold paint by the production crew.

The ratio of silver to gold tokens within the Dome was five to four (625 silver and 500 gold), and the gold tokens were very difficult to tell from silver ones when blowing around inside the Dome, especially since the paint on the 'gold' tokens tended to flake off, although neither of these details were obvious to the viewer.

But you're right, give the younger generation a chance and they'd blitz it.

Fuck it, we should try and get on. We'll shit on it in record time.

facepalm.gif

I've just been watching a few clips from The Crystal Maze there and all you can really say is..

AWESOME show :yay: AWFUL contestants :nono:

..we should try and get on..

That would actually be brilliant :grin: I kinda wish we could go on the 90's version, though :indeed:

Edited by nekunando

Cult gameshow The Crystal Maze is to be revived by ITV, a report has claimed.

The new show will have a similar format to the '90s classic but feature Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden as host, according to The Sun.

It is also thought that celebrity contestants will tackle the difficult puzzles and physical challenges rather than members of the public.

A source said: "ITV are huge fans of Amanda and are looking at a number of different gameshow concepts, but this is certainly the one they are excited about. They are spending a lot of money and hope it will surpass - and blow away - the old Crystal Maze."

The original version of The Crystal Maze ran on Channel 4 from 1990 to 1995. Richard O'Brien was the programme's first presenter, while Ed Tudor-Pole fronted the later series.

good god no. It's actually failed already. No redeeming qualities can occur.

Basically: BRING BACK THE CRYSTAL MAZE AND FORT BOYARD!!! I want normal contestants though, not shitty nobody celebs!

I love the theme tunes to both. When I'm swimming, I somehow end up with the Fort Boyard theme song in my head, pmsl.

Yeah those rumours about Amanda Holden and celebrity contestants have been doing the rounds. I'd hate that, shit host and I used to love how the contestants were regular people who had some awesome prize they picked at the end. I guess its the modern obsession with celebrity which is why the likes of Family Fortunes now has 3rd rate z-list tv celebs on it.

Crystal Maze was amazing, one of the best, and the physical Crystal Maze's dotted around the UK (or that were rather, not entirely sure if any exist any more. I did read recently about them, but forgot....at least one was open until at least last year)

Were amazing (like Laser Quest, in that its a physical go place) they were the most fun things ever.

WATCH THESE VIDEOS

If you've not heard of it before I think you'll....be....really....like "WOW thats so cooL!"

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!