N-Europe

Accents

Beast

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be Glaswegian, I probably sound more like Annie Lennox*.

*Not the woman part obviously, there's just a distinct lack of famous people from Aberdeen :heh:

Well, yeah, what I mean is that to me, Daniel Radcliffe sounds very distinct from myself. I personally can tell the difference between people from Glasgow and people who are from elsewhere in Scotland (namely, I can understand the latter), but most people from down here probably couldn't.

Bad link, m'dear.

I hate Liverpudlian accents. Like razorblades to my ears. I also hate posh accents, I've got one so I never go near recording equipment if I can help it.

I love Bristol (?) accents like Jon Richardson's.

Also, English with a French accent. So cool.

ReZ, just post some of your n-e meet videos, that way we can hear lots of peoples accents.

Coming from Somerset I'm just glad I don't have a thick west country accent, not exactly the most attractive of sounds :heh:

As has been mentioned the female Irish accent (although not so much Northern) is hella sexy, not a fan of scouse or brum, but otherwise not fussed.

LOL, funniest thing is I was actually tempted to make a remix of the first few seconds as well but it looks like you've done the job, haha. Good laugh.

Also, I'll be recording my accent sometime today. Some people say I have a strong Brummie accent and others say I don't, I agree with the latter. I'll read the Wiki extract and The North Wind and The Sun later. :yay:

Are Paj and Chair not in fact the same person? one smiles and the other scowls, one has an excess of hair, the other doesn't....

You both have the most un-Scottish accents i've heard in my life for people from Scotland :heh:

Well I warned you. Chair shouldn't be as much of a suprise, he's lived in other places...I've lived my entire life in Edinburgh. :p

None of my immediate family members have Scottish accents either though, so I guess I wasn't really exposed to it. Though children do pick up accents from friends when they're younger...but I know I learnt to speak from my parents (as it is what led to my speech problems when I was young - trying to emulate how fast and sophisticated my mum and dad spoke either led to, or at least didn't help my stammer).

Apparently, I have a very posh accent. However, when emotionally affected, I also apparently slip into numerous other accents; Irish, Scottish, American, Australian and sometimes even Welsh. I rarely even know that I'm doing it

Although, my favourite accent is é. Though õ is always fun

Edited by Serebii

I saw ReZ's remix, Paj's video and heard the mashup of Duck Sauce and Madonna in the remix thread and decided to put this baby together. You may not probably like it. I hope you do like it though, especially you Paj! :)

Ignore the video, it's quite bad, haha. Just listen to the remix!

Well my girlfriends parents are Scottish, and they still have a very strong Scottish accent despite living in Bristol for over 20 years, I can understand it easy enough though, When I went to Glasgow with her to meet other family members, that's when things got tougher to understand, especially her grand parents.

However Mrs Murr has said she can understand her family just fine and is used to it (She doesn't have a Scottish accent)

I have a very strong Bristolian Accent... which isn't really a selling point for me. I sound like Justin Lee Collins or Ian Holloway :(

My dad has a Mauritian accent, but I can't really notice it, however other people can. He speaks clear cut English, it's just a few words he'll pronounce differently, and that's what catches people out, where as I know what he says fine.

I can hear Paj's Scottish. It is fucking slight but it's there if you listen carefully enough.

I'm a bit chameleon like with my accent. It tends to change depending on people I'm around or the situation I'm in. I suppose my default would be slight geordie, but I've had a good few people think I'm from London/The South before when I don't really know them and therefore alter my voice slightly.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!