Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Aneres11

Everybody's Golf hasn't been rated that well from what I have seen.

Plus golf is boring as hell. Controversial...? :heh:

IGN gave it a pretty poor score but then if you read the review he was moaning about the difficulty.

From IGN review:

Say, for example, you spend 30 to 45 minutes on an 18-hole tournament and you keep the lead through 17 holes. On the last hole, you spend agonizing minutes studying the course, noting the wind direction and speed, adjusting your shot, and selecting the spin for the ball. Then, in the seconds before executing your shot, you miss the impact zone by a hair and somehow your ball ends up out-of-bounds, wracking your score with a penalty and plummeting your position in the tournament from 1st to 4th.

You complete the challenge without a gold star, and you must now repeat the same 45-minute tournament from the beginning. For all the careful planning and thought you put in, the punishment for a millisecond mistake seems severe. And finally earning that star after repeated efforts feels much less rewarding than the time invested deserves.

I thought that was what Golf was all about what a whining baby!

Destructoid on the other hand say this is the best version yet and I loved Everybody's Golf World Tour.

World Invitational continues that tradition of a really nice blend of arcade-ish accessibility and sim seriousness. If you want to kick back and relax, fine -- but you can also dig in, get deep with strategy and complex swing tricks, and feel rewarded when you master them all. With its massive array of play options, courses, unlockables, and online challenges, not to mention its portability and always-on 3G connectivity, this is easily the biggest and best Hot Shots Golf game yet.

Also 30 player online tournaments and daily online challenges - can you tell I'm pumped?

I'm also interested in getting some form of case, for obvious reasons, but I think I'm going to wait and see what other people recommend first.

I got this, ?14.99 on Amazon:

image1_large._V139007009_.jpg

Edited by Cookyman

I got this:

Are you part of an EOD unit?

I was thinking of something a bit more lightweight, like the original PSP 'sock'. There's a similar slip case with the official Starter Kit, but I'm waiting on first hand impressions. This also looks pretty good, but the strength of the Yen makes it a bit of a rip-off; no idea why it isn't coming out over here.

It's perfect for protecting the machine from scratches or slight knocks whilst in a bag, plus it'll still fit in a coat pocket. Obviously hard cases have their own advantages, but I'm pretty careful with my handhelds in the first place.

This is ?6.99 on Amazon - it might look like a pencil case but I guess it would suit your needs.

81ItXGz1R4L._AA1500_.jpg

81KHdobAm7L._AA1500_.jpg

I'll stick with a bad ass case for mine - be gutted if I dropped my Vita wrapped in a sock!

81RItDT15ML._AA1500_.jpg

Apps for Vita which will be up by launch - Netflix, Twitter, Fllckr and Facebook. Skype should be out a few weeks later.

I'm a bit wary of Subsonic's dodgy PhotoShop skills. They haven't really considered their cable placement, either! Ultimately I might end up getting a hard case, but my Vita won't be leaving the house for a few days anyway so I've time to let others be guinea pigs; I was originally looking at this, but the user reviews quickly put me off.

You know they really missed a trick with the Uncharted Thrustmaster case: the front should've had a lenticular print of Drake doing the pump taunt.

Bestselling games on Vita.

Saling The World: Uncharted, Hot Shots Golf top platform sales in Vita launch week

Uncharted: Golden Abyss ranks as the PS Vita's biggest-selling title in the platform's premiere week stateside, leading over fellow launch titles Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational and WipEout 2048.

Gravity Daze and Ragnarok Odyssey capture the top two chart spots in Japan, meanwhile, as Namco Bandai's RPG Tales of Innocence R and ChunSoft's adventure title Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11 Hitome no Suspect also report fast sales.

North America: 1. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCEA), 2. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (SCEA), 3. WipEout 2048 (SCEA), 4. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Capcom), 5. Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Ubisoft).

Japan: 1. Gravity Daze (SCEI), 2. Ragnarok Odyssey (GungHo), 3. Tales of Innocence R (Namco Bandai), 4. Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11 Hitome no Suspect (ChunSoft), 5. Minna no Golf 6 (SCEI).

This is ?6.99 on Amazon - it might look like a pencil case but I guess it would suit your needs.

81ItXGz1R4L._AA1500_.jpg

81KHdobAm7L._AA1500_.jpg

I'll stick with a bad ass case for mine - be gutted if I dropped my Vita wrapped in a sock!

81RItDT15ML._AA1500_.jpg

Apps for Vita which will be up by launch - Netflix, Twitter, Fllckr and Facebook. Skype should be out a few weeks later.

I actually think the vita might fit in my psp case. There is a ton of space either side of the psp its very similar to the first one up top you posted.

That case is just... Ridiculous :) I know it's better to be safe than sorry, but that would never make it through security without you being anally searched.

I love golf games, and this sounds not like mario golf than tiger woods (good thing). I just find the style I appealing and for some reason it reminds me of let's golf.

When I read the IGN review I presumed it was a stupid rule in the and which meant you can lose easily. I'm guessing they're just being dicks and it's still based on stroke play!!

Uuurrrm, there's a Skype app??

Are these apps all dedicated? Sony need a proper App store so I can have Tumblr, too.

I have no idea how long it will take, but I would expect stuff like that to start appearing when Sony launch the PlayStation Suite on Vita, which is a seperate store for Android games (which will run on Vita).

I would assume (this is just a guess, mind) that the Vita will be able to run Android apps, but they would need to be uploaded by the developer to the PlayStation Suite. I'm just hoping it allows apps as well as games.

Uuurrrm, there's a Skype app??

Are these apps all dedicated? Sony need a proper App store so I can have Tumblr, too.

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/apps/

That case is just... Ridiculous :) I know it's better to be safe than sorry, but that would never make it through security without you being anally searched.

Aha! you sussed my masterplan - I'm even carrying my own KY Jelly and rubber glove just in case :bouncy:

hands_in_latex_gloves.jpg

Okay, so I switched the delivery to my workplace. So that should be coool.

BUT, and yes I know I'm being anal but whatevs, I've ordered it through Amazon with first class delivery. Now, dispatch estimate is the 21st but estimated delivery is the 23rd (on the Thurs). Obviously, because I'm a greedy, materialistic, fanboy I want it to arrive on Wednesday.

Basically, what's everyone else's Amazon saying? Or what delivery shizzle have you guys gone with?

Yeah, I've pretty much only heard good things. Just a little strange changing the date.

It's in the hands of the Fates' now. And Royal Mail (*shudder*).

And I just talked to them on the chat customer service (which I fucking love! Not having to call and be put on hold, my life, I love it) and the person seemed pretty certain it was going to arrive on Wednesday.

More like this:

value-pack-reviewed-20041214094432957_640w.jpg

It's perfect for protecting the machine from scratches or slight knocks whilst in a bag, plus it'll still fit in a coat pocket. Obviously hard cases have their own advantages, but I'm pretty careful with my handhelds in the first place.

Yeah I agree. Even if you dropped the original PSP in that I doubt very much you'd break it. Can't say I ever dropped my PSP anyway.

Those Vita cases look really chunky, I don't think I'd get one of those if/when I got the Vita.

Edit: Regarding Amazon, When I ordered my launch PS3 and launch Wii from them (way back when) they both arrived on release date, not before. Unlike the 3DS which I ordered from ShopTo and got a day earlier.

Edited by Sheikah