NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

It isn't even out yet? Awww man. Definitely buying dat.

Well, it's out next week, so it's not exactly a long wait. :p

Persona 3 Portable is available right now on PSN, but Persona 4: Golden may be a better place to start.

Persona is very addictive. I played Persona 3 FES a ton when the PS3 was out. You get a ton of value out of the game :)

Just noticed on the Playstation website that they're holding a Vita stream today for Japan.

It's streaming Japan local time at 5pm, which should be 8am UK time. The website says "Delivering the newest information regarding Playstation Vita to Everybody", while the URL indicates it's going to be about the software this spring (which actually has quite a lot of titles from the last week of February onwards).

Link. I'm surprised no one is reporting on this..

Just noticed on the Playstation website that they're holding a Vita stream today for Japan.

It's streaming Japan local time at 5pm, which should be 8am UK time. The website says "Delivering the newest information regarding Playstation Vita to Everybody", while the URL indicates it's going to be about the software this spring (which actually has quite a lot of titles from the last week of February onwards).

Link. I'm surprised no one is reporting on this..

Probably because it's came out of nowhere and everyone is in bed. :D

Hopefully a pricedrop will be announced and some more software. With this happening now I think we can rest easy that Wednesday will be PS4 focused.

Yeah, though there was no doubt in my mind that Wednesday's event was PS4 focussed.

40 minutes to go and I should be online for it so I might post all the information I understand here as it comes.

EDIT: Incoming news

Price cut incoming. Both models will now cost the same price and will now be 19,980 yen (from 28th of February onwards)

Buying a Vita from that moment to a point in Mid-March will give you a week trial of PS PlLus

2 month free trial of games such as Uncharted and Ridge Racer

During the same time, buying something from the Vita Store will reward you with a 200 yen coupon for your next purchase. The TV service will also be made as a free download until the 13th of March

Current owners will be able to participate in the campaigns

28th of February onwards, PSO2 will be available in both retail package and as a free download from the store. Game is of course, free to play like the PC version

New Ice Silver colour announced, will have PSO2 already loaded onto it. Comes with a 1000 AC ticket for the game and will cost the same as the new price, 19980 yen.

Showing a game known as Toukiden that will be released on both PSP and Vita. Looks like another game to try and take the Monster Hunter market to the Vita. You can cross play even if you're playing on different systems.

Using the fact both analog sticks are built into the system to advertise the fact it's very smooth to control

Soul Sacrifice being shown, due out on the 7th of March

Wow, one of the areas in the footage looked like it was influenced by the Monster Hunter 4 trailer. Definitely some competition heating up due to the absence of Capcom developing a Monster Hunter for the system

Interviewing the developer for Soul Sacrifice with the title "VITAの可能性" (The Possibilites of Vita)

Physical is 5980 yen, download is 4900 yen. Some one's doing digital pricing properly..

A premium set of Vita including Soul Sacrifice in cosmic red with a shit load of extra's will be coming out too at 24900 yen around about. Model is wifi only, but the pricing is pretty damn good

Now onto Valhalla Knights 3, stream becoming slightly laggy as 40,000 people are viewing currently

Due 23rd of May

Some all Japanese titled game (something Miracle series?) being shown off. 3D RPG

And Gundam Breaker game, looked kinda like Gundam VS but you can make your own Gundam. A multiplayer feature letting you and your friends battle a Giant Gundam (the Gundam is the RX78 if any one's interested)

God Eater 2 as it's been a while since we heard anything. Showing the 2 new weapon classes and some of the monsters

Again doing the cross platform play feature. PSP players can join in with Vita players

Namco Bandai games message, audio presumably recorded inside a large metal canister

REMEMBER THE PSP GAME PASSPORT SYSTEM? For a month, God Eater Burst copies can be download to the Vita for free

Showing off Dragon Crown, missed a shit load of stuff due to lag

Square Enix appears! Mentions FF10

Shows off the FFX HD model for Yuna

Twelve games due out for PS Vita from now until late March. A lot are ports, but let's wait and see whether or not the Japanese public actually wants them (I want Steins Gate..)

And that's everything. Hopefully everything mentioned her has been translated correctly, but apologies if there's any mistakes!

Edited by Debug Mode

I need Soul Sacrifice, PSO2 (never played one of the series) and FFX.

The price drop is sweet. We might see one being announced for US/EU on Wednesday.

With the new price, the Vita is only 2200 yen more expensive than a 3DS XL. In non-stupid money, that's just over £15

At Amazon.de you can get a PSVita (WiFi) + Little Big Planet for 200€ and a 3DS XL without a game for 180€.

Don't know why the Vita is/was getting hate for the 'high' price.

I've payed 280€ (I think) for a Vita + Lumines, pretty much at the release. Edit: This bundle included a 4 GB memory card.

Haven't regretted it, and with the prospect of more games coming, more sales and in turn developers getting interested in making games, the PSVita is becoming the best handheld I've ever had.

Now all we need is a price cut for memory cards.

The hate wasn't for the price of console, but for the over-all price of getting up to standard. Because of the lack of memory on most game cards and the emphasis on digital distribution, the combination of the console price and memory card price was unjustifiable for a lot of people.

Now that the actual unit has came down in price, the memory cards aren't much of a problem. It begs the question though, why not just lower the memory card prices instead?

Square Enix are such a fucking joke. 1.5 years of development for a HD port and all they have to show for it is a character model viewer!?

Unbelievable. Bluepoint were able to port GOW1 & 2 in just 3 weeks. S-E can't even port 1 game with 1.5 years+ of development.

Just outsource it already!

Square Enix are such a fucking joke. 1.5 years of development for a HD port and all they have to show for it is a character model viewer!?

Unbelievable. Bluepoint were able to port GOW1 & 2 in just 3 weeks. S-E can't even port 1 game with 1.5 years+ of development.

From what I saw, this isn't just a standard job of porting, it looks like it's being reworked. Still slow as fuck though.

Standard S-E at the moment. The company really has lost the plot.

No new games announced. A price cut isnt enough.

I know they dont have Monster Hunter but damn how many MH clones do they need.

The Vita is a fucking amazing console. Makes me realise how unbelievably SHIT the 3DS is.

Lol. Haters gotta hate

Standard S-E at the moment. The company really has lost the plot.

S-E dont make sense to me.

Conceptually and in actuality, the 3DS is pretty naff though. I've had one since launch day, and I've played my DSLite about twenty times more frequently than I have my 3DS. I'm done with the soulless reiterations of stale, stiff and rotten Nintendo franchises.

To be fair to them though, FFX is a game of epic scale and I really wouldn't expect them to get it out that quickly.

Really looking forward to PSO2 and would like FFX with trophies. :)

Conceptually and in actuality, the 3DS is pretty naff though. I've had one since launch day, and I've played my DSLite about twenty times more frequently than I have my 3DS. I'm done with the soulless reiterations of stale, stiff and rotten Nintendo franchises.

Yeah, I probably haven't played my 3DS since maybe 10 months ago. Dust-collector really, it just isn't a very good system and the games don't really excite me. Well, nothing that hasn't come to Vita too.

Not entirely sure if people in this thread are being serious or not...

The vita is incredible and the 3DS is shit?

I've had a vita since day one, and its got some great games. But it's not even in the same league surely? It simply doesn't have close to enough games and the future looks disastrous.

It's got a shed load of games. I don't get this thing about lack of games.

I think it's just the variety of quality games on the system. It's good enough for me because I have too many consoles so don't need loads, but generally, it's pretty lacking. Even cod and assassins creed were weak versions, and although need for speed does look great, I'd prefer (and most people id imagine) the home console version. There isn't enough VITA software, even some of the games that are good are cross play with the ps3, which again I love, but takes away from the vita feeling like a must have. It needs exclusive, portable games.

That's fair enough. I get what you mean. I guess I'm not too bothered about portable games (I only play in bed or on my sofa with the TV on in the background), I just want good games and they've been released at a good pace. Then again, I've had Ni No Kuni for two weeks now and have only managed to clock in 8 hours so my rate of game consumption is relatively low. At this rate I'll be half way through Persona 4 by the time the PS4 hits.

Not entirely sure if people in this thread are being serious or not...

The vita is incredible and the 3DS is shit?

I've had a vita since day one, and its got some great games. But it's not even in the same league surely? It simply doesn't have close to enough games and the future looks disastrous.

Oh please.

Let's agree on the first thing worth mention - the 3DS itself is a shit console. As in, the hardware. Because Nintendo don't like making good hardware anymore. Something to do with profit margins. This relates to the point that multi format releases are almost certainly best on the Vita, and always will be (e.g. Virtue's Last Reward).

The games. Come on now, the vast majority of the top selling 3DS titles are so formulaic; Mario platformers and Mario Kart in particular. Even Professor Layton is recycling the same types of puzzles over and over.

There comes a point where you admit that replaying the same game over and over and over just isn't fun anymore. At least the Vita has some nice original titles, or some titles that aren't in their 6th iteration, and some more coming. Not just the same old shit, year after year.