NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Yeah, I'm 99% sure that's the case. You don't get the PS3 version if you buy the Vita version (I think it's like a tenner cheaper on the store).

So if I buy Plus for my PS3, do I get the Vita stuff as well even if I don't own one or do you have to have one linked to your account? Going to pick one up at some point, would be nice to have a load of "free" games already waiting.

Yeah, just "buy" the free shit but don't download it and it'll be there waiting for you and you shiny Vita.

Right selling my Unvharted. Bit annoyed, cost £30 haven't touched it!

You can put the money toward a bigger memory card. ;) (I wish this smiley face was less creepy)

So if I buy Plus for my PS3, do I get the Vita stuff as well even if I don't own one or do you have to have one linked to your account? Going to pick one up at some point, would be nice to have a load of "free" games already waiting.

I do not know if you get the Vita content without having a Vita connected to you PSN account. But if you do, I believe it is crucial that you start downloading all Vita items each month – and you can choose to not finish the downloads – or else the Vita items will not appear in your Download List to be retrieved when you finally acquire a Vita.

Edited by are1981

Bought 90 days to test it out and currently downloading Uncharted and Gravity Rush so that's pretty cool. :)

Got my Vita. From Argos £189.99 with memory card and LBP game (seperate case not code).

Loving this PSN update.

I got to say the Vita is really nicely made. Lots of good stuff to say on that front :) and LBP vita puts most PS3 games to shame technically.

Awesome, for some reason I thought you'd need a separate Plus account for Vita games.

Maybe once I've amassed enough games I'll finally get a Vita.

Loving the Vita its a lot like getting my first iphone the 3GS. Going from Symbian/windows phone to iphone was very nice Ui wise.

Same thing here. Lots of UI improvements over the current gen consoles (360 WiiU and PS3). Its fast. Very fast. Sony seem to be moving forward with multitasking or at least running the OS more quickly alongside games. I like how patches are background downloaded alongside games now. The Ui is like a mix of PS3 with IOS(apple). The bubbles are like app icons. You can drag them etc. Installation of stuff is fast. 2gb size only afew seconds. Seems like files are prepared when downloaded from the store? Still its jarring when you install stuff or slow down as everything is instant or near instant. :) My only complaint is seeing 'signing in' on the screen often. Its 2012 you dont need the message just sign me in.

The back touch panel is clever. Its more natural than the front screen if you are using buttons :) Screenshot taking is a system feature. I love the home pages for every game you have activity board that lets see you what everyone(on your friends list) is up to with that game.

Wireless transfer of data is genius. Its very simple and user friendly. I can back up data on mac/pc easily. I control it through the Vita and it just does the job fast :) big improvement over PS3 and PSP. Infact this is a huge contrast to mobile phone syncs etc. Its so simple on the vita. Want to send or grab a, music file, picture or vita screengrab to/from my pc? Done in transfer app. No need to fiddle on pc or anything :)

Got LBP vita and it looks better than most top PS3 games lol. Ridge Racer is just rubbish. Really disappointing all round. Will try Gravity rush and Uncharted tonight hopefully. Unit13 demo had great controls :)

Still learning the system. So any hints and tips are welcome. The system is really awesome. Wondering why I waited so long lol.

Edited by Choze

Don't know if this is well known but hold the + and - volume buttons together to mute.

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/PS%20Vita/Games/44181/ps-vita-nfs-most-wanted-wifi-console-and-4gb-card?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.co.uk%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearch%2F%3Fq%3DBlackFriday2311%26inTitle%3Dtrue

PS Vita NFS: Most Wanted WiFi Console and 4GB Card

New

Add to Cart

£ 154.97

Black froday deal. Go go!

Black-Friday-PS-Vita_NFS-UK.jpg

Don't know if this is well known but hold the + and - volume buttons together to mute.

New to me.

Edited by Choze

I got to say Galaxy Rush is amazing. One of the best games from Japan in a long while. The presentation is amazing. So far its sucked me right in. Its kind of like Infamous in many ways. Its got a great fresh feeling to it.

My backlog is even worse but i can afford to be even pickier with the Vita :)

Holy shit, Mortal Kombat is 3GB. No way I'm bothering to make room for that on my Vita, even if it is free. Hilarious. Maybe when I complete Uncharted.

Knytt Underground on the other hand is also on Plus and looks like it could be a real winner.

Wow I must admit that Knytt Underground does looks pretty cool, the main character reminds me of Alex Kiidd while the whole 'Morph-Ball' and exploration element reminds me of Metroid.

I'm not on Plus though - limited space on both systems and I'm not interested in upgrading my PS3 hard-drive or redownloading any games - so I take it the game is available to buy normally? If so I may buy it on my PS3 and download it on my Vita too as it'll provide a good enough excuse to move everything from my full 4GB card to my -slightly better - 16GB one that I got for a decent price a few months back. :)

It's £9.99 without Plus (honestly, you might as well get three months of Plus for a couple pounds more) and it's a little over 600MB, so not too taxing.

I hear what you're saying but I still don't like the fact that once you buy Plus you are effectively roped into keeping it if you want to play the majority of the games that you get for 'Free' with it... :blank:

... I know that you effectively 'save' loads but in reality for me I know that if I bought plus and started downloading all these games for 'free' I wouldn't actually be playing them as much as I think I will so it would be a bit of a waste for me. :(

I'll just pencil in Knytt Underground as another game that I'll get for half price or less if it's ever slashed in the sales, because it is a 'nice' game but it's by no means a 'must have' really... unless you're an avid Plus subscriber of course. :heh:

because it is a 'nice' game but it's by no means a 'must have' really... unless you're an avid Plus subscriber of course. :heh:

It's actually a pretty shitty game so far. Don't know if it gets better but I got so bored after 20 minutes that I can't be arsed to give it another chance. Just running from screen to screen and jump/climb. Boring as fuck.

But hey, it was free for me, so I don't really care.

Yeah, it's not great. I don't really have a clue what I'm doing, just running around doing 'stuff'. I thought it was going to have a stronger narrative.

Played:

Uncharted golden Abyss:

Quite good. Its more akin to Uncharted 1 and less epic or grand than Uncharted 2 or 3. The game plays great however but I still prefer the PS3 games. You can tell the texture assets were from Naughty dog. Its easily one of the top looking games on the system. Controls are great. dual analog shines. Didnt try gyro stuff etc. Remarkable for a launch game. Puts many of the PS3 launch stuff to shame. Great game and its on plus.

Ridge Racer:

Should be called DLC racer? I got the ultimate edition for 9.99 in the PSN sale. I know the retail copy includes the gold pass but i found it confusing. Anyhow the game comes with all dlc so far minus one or two car skins and the daytona dlc. The game features only 9 tracks. 3 from RR 3DS, 6 from RR7. There is no career mode. None at all. there is an end game online component. The game engine is from RR7 and the online isnt bad at all. Music is superb. You have 90 music tracks new and old. Its fun to play (like a special mini psn RR7).

But really just grab RR7 if you have a PS3. That runs at a native 1080p 60 fps and is a much much bigger game with better tracks etc. The PSP RR2 also is better minus online and has 'all' the classic RR tracks from the early games to RR5. Its also 60 fps. Its impressive considering its a launch game on the PSP and ran at lower specs than later games. It still blows away the 3DS RR game in every way.

Mortal Kombat Komplete

Not much to say here. Its a carbon copy of the console game with added extras. all dlc is here. Graphics are nice but not as good as console. That's the only real knock here. Still looks nice and its 60fps. Its on Plus. Very happy with this game :)

Playstation All Stars

I got this from Lovefilm on rental. The Ps3 version arrived afew days later. It actually plays well. More like a skilled version of Smash Bros. The kills are mainly in your control through supers or special drops(if you get them). Its still random but not to a crazy extent like SmashBros. I actually enjoy this. Infact its fresher than LBP Karting which was a carbon copy of MK. superbot know how to change the formula slightly making it feel 'more fun'. The Vita Version is spot on with the Ps3 game. Looks like the same game on a small screen. Bodes well for future Vita games graphically. This might end up being a buy for the family.

Hustle Kings

I already had this on Ps3 so the download was free along with any dlc. Looks almost the same. Plays the same. Great stuff.

Zen Pinball

Same as with Hustle Kings. If you had PSPlus for a while you will have some Marvel boards.

I have played other stuff too but these are my recents. Loving the Vita and Iam enjoying my new backlog. Gravity rush is on hold till i get some stuff done though. Media wise the vita is great though it took trial and error to find the best way to encode movies. Its a great complimentary device with my iPhone. Certainly if traveling i would prefer to use my Vita for media stuff. The copying of files back and forth is superb and simple compared to using itunes.

Edited by Choze

I had a horrifying vision of your family there, Choze. I didn't realise Jack Tretton was speaking so literally.

As I continue to spend so much time away from my TV and/orHome and in need of games to play I'm contemplating getting a Vita. My UK PS Plus account still has till October to run so if I bought one I'd have quite the library of games to play through. Seems to be some good bundles for about $249.99.