NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Do it. It's awesome. Don't listen to people who disagree with me because they don't agree with me.

As I continue to spend so much time away from my TV and/orHome and in need of games to play I'm contemplating getting a Vita. My UK PS Plus account still has till October to run so if I bought one I'd have quite the library of games to play through. Seems to be some good bundles for about $249.99.

Bear in mind the account changing thing is a pain. Its like the PSP in that regard. If you have separate memory cards you can keep the data for different regions but you have to erase your account from the Vita itself to change back and forth. So i recommend one card for USA stuff, the other for Uk.

I found out about DJMax Technika Tune today and was immediately drawn to its gameplay of tapping on brightly-colored circles, but of course there's no word of a PAL release and importing the game from the US would mean being locked out of any potential DLC.

Decisions, decisions.

Bear in mind the account changing thing is a pain. Its like the PSP in that regard. If you have separate memory cards you can keep the data for different regions but you have to erase your account from the Vita itself to change back and forth. So i recommend one card for USA stuff, the other for Uk.

But that only applies to downloadable stuff I could still buy games on cart just the saves would be stuck to my UK memory card or whatever. But yeah if basically keep up the double act till my plus membership dies..

But that only applies to downloadable stuff I could still buy games on cart just the saves would be stuck to my UK memory card or whatever. But yeah if basically keep up the double act till my plus membership dies..

The good news is that backing up or (even better) transferring data back and forth between your pc/mac and vita is amazingly easy unlike any console before it. USB is faster but wifi is a practical option too. Its actually really well done and puts smartphones (like the iPhone) to shame.

It helps makes it easier than it sounds.

My iPhone syncs without me even noticing. It just does it when I'm at home without me needing to even initiate it. How is the Vita (or anything for that matter) going to be better than that (and I'm not saying this is only on teh iPhone, t'is just an example).

My Android syncs automatically over 3G.

But I think he means transferring specific files back and forth (not syncing). An app will do it on Android, or you can use Google Drive.

My iPhone syncs without me even noticing. It just does it when I'm at home without me needing to even initiate it. How is the Vita (or anything for that matter) going to be better than that (and I'm not saying this is only on teh iPhone, t'is just an example).

Transferring specific games and files like music or movies. If you have limited memory its incredibly handy. iTunes is a pain in comparsion.

iTunes is a cluster-fuck of pain in the ass. I've noticed it has gotten slightly better recently, so it's now only massively infuriating to use.

iTunes is a cluster-fuck of pain in the ass. I've noticed it has gotten slightly better recently, so it's now only massively infuriating to use.

I'm so glad to be an android user now and be shot of that shit.

Thinking of going Android myself. Just worried about the app situation.

I'm so glad to be an android user now and be shot of that shit.

Eh, I don't ever actually interact with it, tbh. It syncs my phone automatically and I use Spotify for music, plus my iPad and phone are up to date with each other. It used to be a lot worse, too.

I'd never use it as a music player though, not even if it were the last computer program on my HDD.

Meh it's pretty much a none issue. Sure there are less games but never had a problem with everything else.

Eh, I don't ever actually interact with it, tbh. It syncs my phone automatically and I use Spotify for music, plus my iPad and phone are up to date with each other. It used to be a lot worse, too.

I'd never use it as a music player though, not even if it were the last computer program on my HDD.

Yeah true. When I stopped using ios wireless syncing had only just started to come around....Also hated how basic and crappy the podcasting was it for a device and service that basically gave rise to the podcast. Although I did download Downcast that worked independently of itunes to manage this.

Looks like a Vita version of Muramasa is on the way. Enhanced artwork, sprites and more playable characters.

It's the way forward, I used to think like that...

I still have an iPhone but I'm looking to replace it with an Android, I've got a Nexus 7 and since getting it there's not 1 app I want that I don't have. Apple are really quite controlling with their app store and jailbreaking then updating is a right faff. A while back Android wasn't that great and the extra cost of an iPhone really was worth it. Now it certainly isn't.

Perhaps I will go Android. Still worried about apps like Apple's ios office suite and the clean organisation. The iphone 5 just isnt exciting at all. Feels like they didn't do much at all. A 5S isnt enough i think. They should go straight to 6. I think Apple lost quite a lot with Steve Jobs :(

The Xperia Z looks awesome. Glass body(5x strength of Gorilla glass), aluminium buttons with a special metal alternative material used for cars. Other Android phones are always cheap plastic so this is nice for a change. I like how the power button is on the side. Top of the line specs(processor, camera etc.). Some handy tweaks and software parts to fill gaps in google's stuff. water resistant (can use in shower, over tap). Tempting. I'll look into android more when the Z comes out and decide.

xperia-z-durability-water-resistance-1240x824-87a352114f26128dffe9e44b5a6d4cd8.jpeg

Speaking of Android we are getting free Playstation mobile games every week for a while.

Perhaps I will go Android. Still worried about apps like Apple's ios office suite and the clean organisation. The iphone 5 just isnt exciting at all. Feels like they didn't do much at all. A 5S isnt enough i think. They should go straight to 6. I think Apple lost quite a lot with Steve Jobs :(

The Xperia Z looks awesome. Glass body(5x strength of Gorilla glass), aluminium buttons with a special metal alternative material used for cars. Other Android phones are always cheap plastic so this is nice for a change. I like how the power button is on the side. Top of the line specs(processor, camera etc.). Some handy tweaks and software parts to fill gaps in google's stuff. water resistant (can use in shower, over tap). Tempting. I'll look into android more when the Z comes out and decide.

xperia-z-durability-water-resistance-1240x824-87a352114f26128dffe9e44b5a6d4cd8.jpeg

Speaking of Android we are getting free Playstation mobile games every week for a while.

Was going to get nexus 4 but it is taking ages, this looks like a good alternative though :) Water resistant and tough with high end specs and a good battery. I want to be able to test speakers but I know all smartphones have pretty bad speakers...

Why isn't this in the android thread though :s

Was going to get nexus 4 but it is taking ages, this looks like a good alternative though :) Water resistant and tough with high end specs and a good battery. I want to be able to test speakers but I know all smartphones have pretty bad speakers...

Why isn't this in the android thread though :s

Downside is that it's £530 vs the Nexus 4 £240. Definitely worth the wait for the Nexus I think.

Downside is that it's £530 vs the Nexus 4 £240. Definitely worth the wait for the Nexus I think.

Very good point O_O I will wait and compare as usual, that was just my initial reaction to what is an amazing phone. Bet the xperia reaches Ireland first tbh though. /moan

I like Google's low price but also feel it is unfair on other manufacturers to sell it at break-even prices or less, since Google makes it back on services while the others can't.

Edited by heroicjanitor

Very good point O_O I will wait and compare as usual, that was just my initial reaction to what is an amazing phone. Bet the xperia reaches Ireland first tbh though. /moan

I like Google's low price but also feel it is unfair on other manufacturers to sell it at break-even prices or less, since Google makes it back on services while the others can't.

That's why Google offer their Nexus range development to different manufacturers each time. Well, most of the time.

The Nexus just doesnt compare. Maybe the one after.

The Nexus just doesnt compare. Maybe the one after.

It completely compares. In fact you're right, it doesn't, because the Xperia S is priced ridiculously. You could buy 2 Nexus 4's (assuming they were in stock) and have change. That's crazy.

If you look at the Nexus 4 the resolution is still scary good, 8MP camera and HD recording. Quad core processor. You really don't need much more I think. 4G would have been nice but top end 3G nearly matches the current 4G speeds and doesn't cost anywhere near as much. Expandable memory is hardly essential. I'm not using my phone as a hard drive.

I honestly think you'd have to be fucking mental to spend £530 on a phone. It will be worth next to nothing in a couple of years. Good news is there are apparently new shipments of the Nexus 4 in mid Feb.

Could a mod please rename this thread to The Big Thread About Smartphones and Not the Vita?

It completely compares. In fact you're right, it doesn't, because the Xperia S is priced ridiculously. You could buy 2 Nexus 4's (assuming they were in stock) and have change. That's crazy.

If you look at the Nexus 4 the resolution is still scary good, 8MP camera and HD recording. Quad core processor. You really don't need much more I think. 4G would have been nice but top end 3G nearly matches the current 4G speeds and doesn't cost anywhere near as much. Expandable memory is hardly essential. I'm not using my phone as a hard drive.

I honestly think you'd have to be fucking mental to spend £530 on a phone. It will be worth next to nothing in a couple of years. Good news is there are apparently new shipments of the Nexus 4 in mid Feb.

I am looking at the Z not S. Pricing is in line with the iPhone.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-z/

I suppose the Nexus 4 is a lot less risky for a newcomer like me and will do the job more than adequately given its price. Looking for something exciting though :p