NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Preordered a US copy of Ys: Memories, do I need a US PSN ID and separate memory card to play US retail cards or is it only for PSN stuff that I need a separate account for?

Preordered a US copy of Ys: Memories, do I need a US PSN ID and separate memory card to play US retail cards or is it only for PSN stuff that I need a separate account for?

Just for PSN stuff.

Nice, saves some hassle. Just got to look out for a good Vita deal between now and September.

Edited by Ike

Fingers cross the do a price cut at E3. I don't think they have that many options. Maybe that combined with PS4 hype will help to push it.

Edit: The dearth of games for the Vita continues next week with this release,

Edited by Daft

Erm. Why did I stop playing this thing? I fucking love this console.

Been whipping all your asses on Moto RC. Suck it, hoes.

Although Daft's hot lap on that 10 second one is fucking nails. Gnome.

What have I missed?

Are there any games coming?

Definitely want to get NFS....price drop probably. Its the kind of cool game I'd enjoy playing. I hear Daft likes it.

Daft does indeed like it. But then smashing cars up sells me on most games.

I love my Vita. So I can kind of empathise with Wii U owners. Except, you know, we actually got games to play.

Persona 4 is out next month. That Urban Dirt Trails game is out next week or soon. There are quite a few download only games coming out, it's just nigh on impossible to find out - the PS Blog is pretty good for that though.

You are turning into the Droid I knew you'd always grow up to be. Sony and I are very proud :hug:

As long as I don't turn into one of 'those' whose obsessed with sales, I'm not sure I care.

Also, you have to remember, I work on Xbox most the time, which would make anyone a Playstation fanboy.

16263_10152559950585581_101712547_n.jpg

Everybody's Golf - well done Rez you know it makes sense! : peace:

Should have got Need for Speed on the PS3 :(

Talk to me about Persona 4.

There's nothing we can say that can compare to the awesomeness of playing the game yourself.

New model on the way?

A new patent and design has been found containing a look at a possible new Vita design or the next Sony handheld

Most likely this points to a reveal on the 20th or during E3 about a 4G Vita with new features. The patent is under serial number 55977 in the US.

A new 4G model of the PlayStation Vita will be replacing the 3G model sometime this year. According to the source, this will be the so-called “price drop” that has been rumored for the Vita as the new model will retain the $299 price point for an upgraded system.

The Wi-Fi version will still be available on the market for $249

To go along with the 4G model, a significant firmware update will go live bringing in a lot of requested features including new ways to organize apps in folders.

The new model may be unveiled along with the rumored PS4 this month at PlayStation’s February 20th event or at E3, but will not hit the market until later in the year.

A price cut on memory cards will be made. No details on prices.

A price cut on memory card!?! Fucking A! Been holding off picking one up. Now just release the 64GB on here.

A price cut on memory card!?! Fucking A! Been holding off picking one up. Now just release the 64GB on here.

Watch it be a new shape of memory card, only compatible with the new model.

Welp, looks like Atlus is releasing the PS1 version of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on PSN, so that kills all hope of ever seeing the PSP port. Which means no bonus Tatsuya scenario, no extra bosses, no new difficulty levels, no remixed music, incorrect names for places and characters and no prettied-up graphics.

Really disappointed by this. :sad:

I'm also kind of annoyed by the people in the NeoGaf thread who acted like this was some huge boon from Atlus and oh finally I'll be able to play the game without forking out over $100 for the PS1 version. Haven't these people ever heard of emulators?

(Sorry, there's no PSP thread and I needed to complain. Plus this'll be playable on the Vita, so it's kind of on-topic!)

Welp, looks like Atlus is releasing the PS1 version of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on PSN, so that kills all hope of ever seeing the PSP port. Which means no bonus Tatsuya scenario, no extra bosses, no new difficulty levels, no remixed music, incorrect names for places and characters and no prettied-up graphics.

Really disappointed by this. :sad:

I'm also kind of annoyed by the people in the NeoGaf thread who acted like this was some huge boon from Atlus and oh finally I'll be able to play the game without forking out over $100 for the PS1 version. Haven't these people ever heard of emulators?

(Sorry, there's no PSP thread and I needed to complain. Plus this'll be playable on the Vita, so it's kind of on-topic!)

It's still very good news though. The original PS1 version is extremely rare and hellishly expensive on eBay!

Why should I get P4 ?

Because it's awesome?

I don't know if you're asking because you don't know anything about the game, or if you do know what the game is about and just want to be convinced that it's worth getting. :p

As far as I gather, its a very wordy JRPG based in a school. Which to me sounds shit....and normally I really like grinding children.

and normally I really like grinding children.

Nanakodispleased_zps85e049c6.jpg

Basically, it takes place over the course of one school year as you move in with your uncle and niece in a small Japanese town. It's not long before people start turning up dead and you and your band of misfit friends discover that it's somehow related to a magical world that exists inside televisions, where demons roam free.

There are no random encounters and you fight using so-called personae. It's a bit like Pokémon in the sense that there's a ton of them and they all have their own strengths and weaknesses. You get new personae either by collecting cards after defeating enemies or fusing two or more cards together to create even stronger personae. (However, only the main character is allowed to change his persona.)

Battles are mostly based around using your personae to take advantage of enemies' weaknesses, so a water-based enemy may be weak against fire-based attacks, and so on. If you exploit an enemy's weakness they'll topple over, and if you topple all enemies over on the same turn, you'll get to do massive damage to all enemies.

When you're not slaying demons in the TV world, you're going to school and hanging out with friends. You've probably heard about the social links. Basically, there are over twenty social links in the game, where you hang out with someone after school and see their own personal story play out - and usually help them with some sort of problem.

The social links are tied to the battle system too, though. Personae and social links are all tied to one of over twenty different arcana. Each social link has ten ranks, and as you gain ranks by spending time with people, you'll also get more and more bonus experience when you fuse personae of that arcane. So rather than have your Fool persona start out with just one measly spell, it may gain five bonus levels and several new spells if the corresponding social link is high enough.

But really, it's the characters that make the game. You really get a chance to know everyone really well thanks to the social links, and the party members all get really close during the course of the year. There are a ton of great scenes where they spend time with each other, like during school festivals and school trips and things like that.

And if you're not good at JRPGs, the Vita port has a new difficulty level where killing enemies is like a hot knife through butter and you just get revived if you die. ;)

Holy shit. Cards? FUSING CARDS? Why the fuck don't I own this instantly.

It isn't even out yet? Awww man. Definitely buying dat.

Edited by ReZourceman