NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

The regional lock makes no sesnse. I can play Chrono Cross on my Vita via remote play using my PS3, but the quality isn't the best. It's like they're condoning playing other region games, but they don't want you to have as much enjoyment as you possibly could doing so.

what next region locking everything on the Vita?! what are sony thinking? its like they are trying to turn people off there handhelds

I'm not quite sure why people are surprised. It's part of Sony repositioning PSN as SEN, its global digital content network.

I'm not quite sure why people are surprised. It's part of Sony repositioning PSN as SEN, its global digital content network.

Much like a lot of people, I just presumed it was rebranding so to speak.

It's more anger than surprise.

If you have two memory cards can one still be USA and one EU?

If they want to enforce region locking then they better not do what many japanese companies do.

Just been reading through the issue of Famitsu I bought and my god Sony really need to pull their head out of their ass at the Tokyo Game show.

Although it's still generating them money, the sheer amount of PSP games scheduled for release (this list comprises of all announced titles, regardless of release date) is incredible. Bust out the Vita exclusive features man, I want to buy that sexy piece of kit but I can't justify it for one £50 rhythm game!

Just been reading through the issue of Famitsu I bought and my god Sony really need to pull their head out of their ass at the Tokyo Game show.

Although it's still generating them money, the sheer amount of PSP games scheduled for release (this list comprises of all announced titles, regardless of release date) is incredible. Bust out the Vita exclusive features man, I want to buy that sexy piece of kit but I can't justify it for one £50 rhythm game!

It's a tricky situation for Sony. In Japan the PSP is still a beast and as you said it still generates Sony some cash. At the same time it's taking focus away from the Vita.

I still remembering hearing that they were stopping production from somewhere, but even if that happens, most people have already got one. I really think they should have acted earlier this year and try and work with developers to work in some Vita exclusive content for digital versions though.

Give it time and Sony will give the Vita a soft relaunch, with a price drop. There'll already be internal talks about repositioning it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it follow the same trend as the PS3 (although in a more condensed time span).

I see the Vita actually outsold the 3DS in Japan this week, thanks to the release of Project Diva. Although if you count both models of 3DS it's still behind.

To be honest though, despite all the doubts about the Vita, a lot of people here seem to have confidence in the device. I've been to a few second hand stores (Which are every where) and not seen a single pre-owned Vita.

Although I'm not in a very big place compared to Tokyo and the like, this is a big city and I think that says enough. The one closest to me has quite a few 3DS's for sale, one of which is 8000 yen (£63) which I'm definitely considering picking up. It also only has 2 copies of Vita games for sale and those are Gravity Daze and Uncharted while the 3DS has a full shelf. Although it's pretty much comparing apples to oranges at this point in time, it seems to me there's a preference for digital goods here and the pricing of at least 600 yen discount for digital copies seems to work wonders. I wonder if Nintendo will realise the same..

I've been to a few second hand stores (Which are every where) and not seen a single pre-owned Vita.

People need to buy them new first.

People need to buy them new first.

Hahaha, to be fair you're pretty much right with that, I had a completely different figure in my head for how much the Vita sold here and had assumed it had already broken the 1 million mark.

I am thinking of getting a Vita. My main concern is is there any point in getting the 3G version?

There is LTE/4G around the corner and is any Vita functionality affected by lack of 3G? I am reading GPS functions requires a 3G vita but what would I miss out on beside Google maps?

edit: Ok think I got this one figured out. Wifi it is. With 4G i would just use that off the phone as a wifi hotspot. I just dont see the point in 3G anymore.

Found a Vita + LBP + 4gb mem card pre order for £169.99 at Sainsburys :awesome:

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

Slightly confused. That is a joke yeah?

It's apparently a trailer for a downloadable Vita game which involves AR and opening boxes.

Yet is conveniently a perfect metaphor for the console's upcoming titles.

Edited by Cube

It's apparently a trailer for a downloadable Vita game which involves AR and opening boxes.

Yet is conveniently a perfect metaphor for the console's upcoming titles.

Fuck me if that is true. That is an absolute joke if that's serious. Shows the complete lack of understanding of their current situation. Aside from that it's just a disastrous advert on every level anyway. Sony back to their advertising ways of not actually showing any game footage.

I personally love this one more:

Granted, the shortened version they showed on TV actually had some game footage in it, but this was the first version I saw and I couldn't stop laughing. I thought they had seriously lost their fucking marbles.

2 new Vita colours - Japan only at the min I believe.

Blue and Red:

dsc01880.jpg

I'm not feeling them...

White and black are much nicer. Be nice to see the white one over here at some point.

Playstation Plus on Vita from November!

PlayStation Plus on PlayStation Vita Gets Timing, Set to Launch with Instant Game Collection

+ Posted by Brandon Stander // Director of Marketing, PlayStation Network

We announced back at Gamescom that PlayStation Plus would be coming to PlayStation Vita (PS Vita), and today we’re pleased to announce that our premium game membership will make its debut on PS Vita in November, providing an Instant Game Collection to PS Vita owners along with the same features that many of you already enjoy for PlayStation 3 (PS3).

7781997312_c8e9121c3c_o.jpg

If you’re already a PlayStation Plus member on PS3, you’re in luck—you will automatically be able to also enjoy all the PlayStation Plus features for your PS Vita at no extra cost.

PlayStation Plus features for PS Vita available in November will include:

•Instant Game Collection: Unlimited access to a regularly refreshed selection of the full versions of games as long as your membership is active.

•Discounts: Take advantage of exclusive discounts on games and DLC for your PS Vita.

•Online Game Storage: An additional 1GB of online storage for game saves for PS Vita games and downloaded content.

•Automatic Updates: PS Vita will automatically start up at a designated time to download and install select game demos and game updates as well as system software updates and start standby mode upon completion.

•Automatic Trophy sync: Trophy information will be synched to PSN servers automatically via the PS Vita.

If you don’t yet own a PS Vita, there has never been a better time to invest in the most powerful portable entertainment system. In addition to the Instant Game Collection you will be able to tap into through PlayStation Plus, PS Vita also has an arsenal of great and innovative games, like the recent hit Sound Shapes, not to mention some of the hottest upcoming titles like Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita.

So tell us–What PlayStation Plus feature are you most looking forward to taking advantage of on your PS Vita?

I like the look of these new colours, but it's not exactly what people have been asking for Sony..