NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

The only problem with Persona 4 coming out is that I don't have any games to look forward to on the Vita now.

Yeah, Soul Sacrifice is out in a couple months and then there's nothing for me until Killzone Mercenaries. Tearaway is meant to be out at some point this year, too. Dunno when.

Thomas Was Alone, coming soon to PS3 and PS Vita

This Spring, Thomas Was Alone is coming to PlayStation 3 and PS Vita (with cross buy).

Which is, if we’re honest, ridiculous. I made a game about rectangles and friendship in my free time. I was lucky enough to find some incredible collaborators who made my script sound good, and my environments sound far more awesome than their humble rectangular graphics. I was shocked when a community formed and people actually played it. According to the internet, they liked it too.

And, thanks to the cool people at Curve and Sony, that game is coming to a console near you, very, very soon.

Thomas Was Alone is a platformer where the goal is simple – get all the characters to their exit portals. You’ll find that becomes increasingly harder than it sounds. Use their skills in tandem, be it flotation, anti-gravity, bounciness or, well, jumping slightly higher.

Along the way, you’ll hear an awesome story narrated by Danny Wallace (Assassin’s Creed) and scored by the epically talented David Housden. On PS Vita, you can use the touchscreens to select characters, or to control the camera.

We’ve made a new creator’s commentary for the main game itself, and there’s a new timed exclusive DLC prologue about a square who is given a jetpack. I’m pretty chuffed with it. As I said. Ridiculous. But awesome.

This sounds really cool. With Hotline Miami, RCR, Super Crate Box, Lone Survivor, The Binding of Isaac and others, the Vita's becoming a pretty good place for indie games.

Edited by Daft
Automerged Doublepost

We've still got Phantasy Star Online 2 to come this year on Vita, let's not forget.

Guess what console Retro City Rampage did best on?

Well, considering what thread this is, you probably don't need to guess.

We've still got Phantasy Star Online 2 to come this year on Vita, let's not forget.

We need the PC version first. :(

GAME messed up my order for the USB charger so they didn't ship it until today and their delivery takes about a week these days.

Emailed Amazon a couple of days ago and they said to just send it back and get a refund. I have about 7 days until the url for the return label expires so GAME delaying my order doesn't help.

Couldn't find anyone online that sells replacement chargers either.

Ended up missing the Amazon.de as well.

So I noticed that Powerstone Collection is finally working on Vita now! :yay:

I was able to finally get it through my Downloaded Games list, even though it's still not available on the Vita store and I was wondering if anyone knew if the two Capcom Classics collections for PSP work on Vita now as well.

There isn't an up-to-date list anywhere and support seems to be spotty and random. If anyone here has those two games on PSN could you please check if they're now available to download via the Downloaded Games list? (my Vita refuses to connect to my PS3, so I wouldn't be able to get them that way...)

Also I don't suppose that Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblins is compatible this way is it?

Edited by Dcubed

Soul Sacrifice advertising is starting to leak all over my internet, can't say much for TV advertising as I barely watch any of the terrible shit they show here.

Vita really is going to be on the assault this month, hopefully it jumps to life and prompts Sony to focus on the western front. How they haven't offered any confirmation on a price drop thus far is insane.

They really need to bring the memory card prices down. After all the discussion here, I almost gave in to buying Persona 4. Then I realised how large it was. So I didn't.

They really need to bring the memory card prices down. After all the discussion here, I almost gave in to buying Persona 4. Then I realised how large it was. So I didn't.

Just buy the game on a cartridge, it'll be cheaper that way.

Seriously Persona 4 is the best game on any handheld this generation by a country mile. It's ridiculously good.

Glue it into the cartridge slot because it's the only game you'll ever need.

New USB cable arrived today and it's charging so it was the cable. Happy days!(?) All ready for Ys in September. Oh. :P

Leaked image for an Assassin's Creed. Obviously the next Vita one

hmpfonn.jpg

I still need to pick up Liberation. Don't think I'll be done with Persona 4 for a while, though.

I accidentally bought a Ps vita on ebay last night....not sure how it happened really.

After my friend got one for £135 off Amazon Germany, i've been looking for a similar priced one, and watched many on ebay all go between £140 and £200 depending on the number of games, i bid silly amounts on a few of them around £100....on one in particular a nearly new one (Christmas present iirc) boxed with a 4gb memory card and gravity rush i bid £120....and woke up this morning to a notification i'd won....

never actually won anything like this so cheap really, its a welcome surprise

I accidentally bought a Ps vita on ebay last night....not sure how it happened really.

Based on your story, I'd say you bid on it and won the auction. :heh:

Now you just need to pay another ~£50 for a decent-sized memory card.

yeah...thats the rub ain't it, i got the console cheap but i'm gonna get shafted on memory cards

Haven't played on the vita in months and months and months. When I finish Darksiders 2 I'm going to get back into it as have a batch of awesome games to play through - Uncharted, Sound... thing, gravity rush, half minute hero, still haven't played the DLC on motostorm, need to just get back into it; but like most people; because I can't put many games on the system, it sort of soured the whole thing for me so just didn't play it. Need to get over it and just start finishing games and replacing them. So annoying though...

Vita Plus Win.

PlayStation Europe ‏@PlayStationEU

PS Plus members - you can now download Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on PS Vita free from the Store. Please enjoy! http://bit.ly/Zzs5uy

Uuurgh, forgot about MGS, and I just redownloaded Sound Shapes because of new DLC.

Six new albums free!

And the car looks like fun.

Car Mini-Album & Creator Pack (£1.19/€1.49)

Put on your driving gloves, there’s a new vehicle in Sound Shapes and it changes everything! Speed, flip, loop, and jump your way through the levels and experience Sound Shapes like never before. We set out to make a platformer and created a trials game by accident. Yeah!

This pack includes new Campaign levels, a full Sound Pack, brand new editor entities (like loop-de-loops, speed boosts, and more), Beat School lessons, and trophies too.

The Community Milkcrate & six new albums (free update)

Perfectly sized to fit a record, the trusty milkcrate has been holding music collections for a long time and with the Community Milkcrate we’re continuing that tradition. We’ve hand-picked eclectic and creative levels from the Community and arranged them into themed albums.

Each is presented in a brand new interface and comes complete with liner notes with insights and interesting things to check out while playing them, kinda like a director’s commentary for levels. We’re so blown away by what you guys are making that we wanted a way to properly showcase it. Oh… and the Milkcrate albums become part of the game so any levels selected are baked right into Sound Shapes.

The Milkcrate launches with six albums and 35 total levels and is included free in today’s patch update.

Offline play (free update)

You’ve been asking for it and it’s finally here. Sounds Shapes now has Offline Play. While connected to the Sound Shapes servers, select any community level, tap a button, and sync it. Now you can play your favorite levels whenever you want! (Offline Play is included free in today’s patch update as well).

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/03/12/new-sound-shapes-update-incoming/

I bought sound shapes when it came out and haven't touched it. It looks amazing and loads of free stuff!!

I charged my vita up last night, it's been so long I had to set the time and date again. 22nd is mad gaming frenzy; I'm blitzing sony until then!

I think I need to hire someone to stand next to me at all times and stop me whenever I consider buying a new game. It would probably be cheaper than adding to my backlog which is currently resembling an avalanche.

I've got GoW in the post. Picked up SSX because it was £11. Sleeping Dogs from Plus. I'm still only about 20 hours into Persona 4. I've left Ni No Kuni but I will come back because I can only do one JRPG at a time. And I pre-order Soul Sacrifice...and Injustice.

...Okay, reading that back, no more games until The Last Of Us. I'm on a gaming diet.

I really hope we get Spec Ops: The Line on Plus next month.

EDIT: Oh gaaawd! I forgot the MGS collection is free this week, too. /First World Gamer Problems

I downloaded LittleBigPlanet and the two handheld God of War games on the Vita, because how could I not when they're only £3 each?

Annoyingly, I'd been doing a good job at keeping my PSP games on my PSP up until this point.

Are the god of war games worth £3 each? Not a massive fan, but if the handheld ones are smaller bite sized ones I could have fun with that.