N-Europe

Nostalgia: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Guy

20th Anniversary Collectors Editions...

There's also gonna be a Dragonzord, Dragon Dagger and Green Ranger Coin! :D

Always think I shouldn't have sold my Zords, Morpher etc... Damn nostalgia's is calling to me! We shall see :p

Edited by Retro_Link

Oh shit.

When I was a kid, I went to a car boot sale and offloaded all of my power ranger toys for a total of about £26. I wrote up the prices I wanted but after the looks parents gave me over things like "Megazord - £6" I ended up dropping all my prices. At the time I still thought £26 was amazing. A few years later I realised the mistake I'd made. I had most of the 8" rangers, tonnes of zords, Dragon Dagger, morphers etc etc...

I really don't need to buy anything to fill that nostalgia ridden hole in my heart.

Do I...?

Oh shit.

When I was a kid, I went to a car boot sale and offloaded all of my power ranger toys for a total of about £26. I wrote up the prices I wanted but after the looks parents gave me over things like "Megazord - £6" I ended up dropping all my prices. At the time I still thought £26 was amazing. A few years later I realised the mistake I'd made. I had most of the 8" rangers, tonnes of zords, Dragon Dagger, morphers etc etc...

I really don't need to buy anything to fill that nostalgia ridden hole in my heart.

Do I...?

lol that's exactly how I feel Although I got better prices (you were robbed dude!!), I should never have sold them :p

As much as I still love all that stuff and want to buy it im just not sure I can. It feels just one geek level too much for me.
I'm telling myself just getting a Megazord would be ok right?... to have on display? and remind me of that happy time...

Although then the Anniversary Drazonzord will come calling... and what next... White Tiger? :p

Despite how cool it is, the Morpher is a step to far, that really is a Toy... but the Megazord... hmmmmmm.

Edited by Retro_Link

I was never loved enough as a kid to have any of the Megazords bought for me. Best I got was a figure from Japan which at the time I assumed was a knock off when I didnt know that all of this came from over there so it was probably something from the newer shows that we hadnt seen here.

I still have this badboy in my parents loft boxed. Still has the polystyrene too...

28674-01%20Head.jpg

So damn happy.

I think I may have destroyed the box to cut the little collector card off it. Although I have the Zords all their battle scars intact and peeling stickers. Best Christmas ever.

Can't remember if I collected the stickers, but I had (probably still have) a stack of collectors cards about 2 inches thick.

They were ruined by my cousin who chewed them when she was a baby. She's now doing A-Levels, ha.... jesus

Haha, I was actually thinking of bumping this thread and lo and behold here it is :D

I've still got my MMPR Megazord in my parents attic... though I think I am missing the Triceratops :(

Must try have a look for it sometime.

Anyway I have in the last few weeks been on a serious Power Rangers guilty pleasure BINGE.

With thanks to my 2 year old son (he was the one watching I just watched along with him :D)

Thanks to Kix on Sky channel 627 which up to two weeks ago was showing eps from a few different PR shows (Dino Thunder, Jungle Fury, Mystic Force, SPD) I've prolly seen all teh eps of each of those by now :heh:

Then last week they started showing Operation Overdrive and they started up a new Channel, Kix Power on Sky 629 which is showing just Power Rangers all day 7 days a week.

Last week was Wild Force week and this week is SPD week :D

Plus to really allow me a proper guilty pleasure binge Netflix went and emailed me offering me a new Free Month to come back to them (yeah I fully intend to cancel again when my free month is up) and they have Every Season from MMPR to Super Samurai :D

So last Saturday and Sunday I had my son watching eps from the original MMPR, just the "story" arc eps. Like the first ep of course, then skipping to Tommys first ep, a few evil Green Ranger eps, Green Ranger becomes good, Tommy loses power, White Ranger appears, Jason, Zack, Trini leave, change of Dinozords to Thunderzords, and then Thunder to Ninja Zords (oddly Netflix doesn't have the film though :() Kimberly leaving and Kat joining, Ninja Zords swapped for Shogun Zords and then Master Ville turning the rangers to kids...... we will start on Zeo tomorrow :D

I've also been flicking into random eps from other PR shows. Mainly Operation Overdrive as I been watching it on Kix last few weeks so used Netflix to find some of the important story affecting eps and then watched the final ep.

FYI the "final morph" in the last ep of Operation Overdrive I thought was epic :awesome: (mainly Red rangers)

I liked how the design of the morphers in it allowed for some "non-standard" morphs without the full "morphing call" (as I call it) and set movements.

In Overdrive the bottom of the morpher has a wheel that must be spun up to morph the ranger usually they do this by running it along their arm but it can be done by rolling it along anything allowing for this little scene. Love Red Rangers morph, after his little bit of dialogue how he then morphs and the look on his face just says "I'm gonna frak you up bad guy". The Pink and Yellow morph is also pretty cool :D

I've not yet watched anything from the shows after Overdrive (RPM, Samurai and Super Samurai) but I been reading about the newest show Megaforce (anyone know if that is gonna start airing soon here?) and mainly it sequel coming next year Super Megaforce where the rangers will have the power to morph into the suits of ANY PAST RANGER! The main story arc apparently leads to a giant battle where EVERY past Ranger appears to help out. Though only a few past ranger actors have signed on to return (so the rest will prolly just appear without removing helmets) including Jason David Frank, aka Tommy returning as the GREEN RANGER, don't know which others are returning but I think Tommy is the only one from MMPR. I'm hoping either or both of the "secondary" rangers from Jumgle Fury appear (Wolf Ranger and Rhino Ranger) as I enjoyed those more than the main 3 rangers :heh:

EDIT

Ok just watching the vids @Retro_Link posted

Is that Legacy Power Morpher on sale Ireland and UK or available online somewhere....I seriously DO WANT!

Is that Legacy Power Morpher on sale Ireland and UK or available online somewhere....I seriously DO WANT!
Yeah I had a look, it's not on the UK toysrus, or amazon or anywhere.

There are a couple on ebay, but I guess it's not been released in Europe yet.

Yeah just having a look through the comments on that vid one guys said Bandai UK had recently posted on their FB page that they'll be releasing it here between August and November.... DO WANT!!!!!

EDIT

OMG, just looked for Bandai UK's FB page to see if I can find info there and they just closed a competition giving away both the morpher and Megazord

I've not yet watched anything from the shows after Overdrive (RPM, Samurai and Super Samurai) but I been reading about the newest show Megaforce (anyone know if that is gonna start airing soon here?) and mainly it sequel coming next year Super Megaforce where the rangers will have the power to morph into the suits of ANY PAST RANGER! The main story arc apparently leads to a giant battle where EVERY past Ranger appears to help out. Though only a few past ranger actors have signed on to return (so the rest will prolly just appear without removing helmets) including Jason David Frank, aka Tommy returning as the GREEN RANGER, don't know which others are returning but I think Tommy is the only one from MMPR. I'm hoping either or both of the "secondary" rangers from Jumgle Fury appear (Wolf Ranger and Rhino Ranger) as I enjoyed those more than the main 3 rangers :heh:

Skip to around the 1:08:00 mark, for a mass Megazord orgy.

I wanna see how the pirate Power Rangers will work over here.

They've started selling the megazord for Mega Force here at Tesco now, it's not as if they're even trying with the design anymore. There's barely any transformation happening. It just snaps together.

This is so weird. For the past two days, I've been watching MMPR because, thanks to my friend and I actually talking about the movie the other day, I kind of missed those days where Power Rangers was actually awesome. The Samurai one kind of reminds me of how Power Rangers used to be: cheesy, fun and action-filled but it's still a bit...I don't know...

Anyway, ALWAYS wanted a Morpher as a kid. Didn't necessarily want anything else but the Morpher but I didn't get it. I wouldn't buy it now but I might just buy it in preparation for when I have a son or a daughter! haha.

Dinozords were incredible, Thunderzords with the White Tiger a worthy enough evolution... Ninja Zords coupled in with the movie were good too... but then I started to loose interest in the series.

What were the human looking Ninja Zords that came in next?...

that was the series I stopped watching I think, despite them looking kinda cool.

I have shown Claire and a few other friends since some recent episodes of Might Morphin (all on Netflix).

If you have Netflix, GO RIGHT NOW and watch (I think its episode 8) I think its called "Nice Eye, Guy" - the one with Billy's friend. Funniest fucking thing ever. A group of 20 year olds hanging out with an 8 year old.

Also the first appearance of the three replacement rangers is A MUST FUCKING WATCH for the baby-stroller sequence at the beginning.