N-Europe

Pete Postlethwaite has passed away.

ReZourceman

Rest to you Pete. Damn....

A brilliant actor but I'm surprised that he didn't get more parts of high quality. He ended up in odd things like Dragonheart but also in classics like Usual Suspects. Shall we leave his involvement in Aeon Flux out?

I was genuinely quite upset when I heard the news earlier today. We've lost a real national treasure.

Rest to you Pete. Damn....

A brilliant actor but I'm surprised that he didn't get more parts of high quality. He ended up in odd things like Dragonheart but also in classics like Usual Suspects. Shall we leave his involvement in Aeon Flux out?

To Hollywood he was never going to be serious material, to them he was just that funny-looking British guy they brought in to class things up a bit. Their loss.

Edited by gaggle64

Peter Postlethwaite is the kinda man whose face you instantly know from a lot of things, but can't pinpoint his name or exactly where you know him from. This is probably because he makes such an impact with most of his performances, but it could also be because he has the perfect facial structure for a wizard and wizards are cool.

His name is also hard to spell. Really fucking hard to spell. Tolkien hard.

I most recently watched him die in Inception. Classic gent. I'm proud to have been born on the day such a great man died. I'll carry your torch, Peter. Onward into the future.

Edited by Guy
HIS NAME IS HARD TO SPELL.

For some reason I always think of him as a poor man's Patrick Stewart, I never know why that thought always pops into my head.

Still, one of those actors who put the great into great british, not sure we even have decent young ones these days.