N-Europe

Better than the originals

Beast

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh PFFFFF to the ND diss! I don't care about their chart positions, they are brill! They take their time with their albums, cos they don't do fillers!

I don't mean chart positions. If anything, that's an indication of how much someone sucks, usually. I mean nobody's gonna remember them when they're gone, because they're just another pop band with little unique traits.

Don't get me wrong, they're better than 95% of that other crap that keeps clogging the airwaves, but come on, how can they truly be your favourite band? It's just one of those bands with so little intensity that it really does beg the question... why? Also, you don't think they're declining in quality?

I half love the original since it sounds like an insane old white woman fallen upon hard time, but Bjork's is the better track.

Still dislike that it's her most well-known song, since she even thought of it as a novelty song herself (which it is).

Always prefered the original, but it's a great cover.

Also, apparently the true original is this:

The world of music is just a web of lies and deceit, it seems!!!! Ah!

I don't mean chart positions. If anything, that's an indication of how much someone sucks, usually. I mean nobody's gonna remember them when they're gone, because they're just another pop band with little unique traits.

Don't get me wrong, they're better than 95% of that other crap that keeps clogging the airwaves, but come on, how can they truly be your favourite band? It's just one of those bands with so little intensity that it really does beg the question... why? Also, you don't think they're declining in quality?

I don't think of them as pop. If you listen to all their albums, they're a real mixture of styles. I think of them as an albums band, and i don't agree with a lot of their singles choices. But i don't see how you could think them superficial unless you were basing it on their crap output like Hey Baby, etc. I don't think anyone could listen to their Return of Saturn album and call it throwaway pop! Some very intense songs on there, and just gorgeously put together.

But yeah, their last album was kinda crappy, comparatively speaking. But still managed to have a few amazing songs, which is more than can be said for most chart band's BEST albums!

No Doubt remind me of 03-04, before I got real music taste. I loved them. I still appreciate a good amount of their songs, but tbh Gwen Stefani's first album is more enjoyable to me.

I'm not optimistic about ND's comeback album.

See i don't like Gwen's stuff, bar from a few songs. Her second album was much better, but still... can't touch ND (apart from Wonderful Life, beautiful song!).

Much better than the original.

Ah come on of all his covers( that is most of his songs it seems) This isn't close. Sweet dreams is pretty decent and tainted love is totally better than the original. :)

destroys the original :D awesome solo in the middle.

Edited by mcj metroid

See i don't like Gwen's stuff, bar from a few songs. Her second album was much better, but still... can't touch ND (apart from Wonderful Life, beautiful song!).

Oh no! Sweet Escape is an album of LAMB leftovers and sounds like it! Drabbest production ever. Few cool tunes like the title track, Wonderful Life, and a few others are SAVED from the brink of shitness by tiny bits of production (like Wind It Up - if the Sound of Music bit wasn't there, it'd be toxic waste). But L.A.M.B is consistant, with brilliant production and a sense of fun about it. Everything's in it's right place. Whatcha Waitin For?, Cool, Hoolaback Girl...Luxurious, Danger Zone yessssssss. Compared to the shites on TSE like U Started It, Breaking Up and Orange County Girl. :nono:

Oh no! Sweet Escape is an album of LAMB leftovers and sounds like it! Drabbest production ever. Few cool tunes like the title track, Wonderful Life, and a few others are SAVED from the brink of shitness by tiny bits of production (like Wind It Up - if the Sound of Music bit wasn't there, it'd be toxic waste). But L.A.M.B is consistant, with brilliant production and a sense of fun about it. Everything's in it's right place. Whatcha Waitin For?, Cool, Hoolaback Girl...Luxurious, Danger Zone yessssssss. Compared to the shites on TSE like U Started It, Breaking Up and Orange County Girl. :nono:

You crayzee!!!!! *backs away*

TSE utterly pwns LAMB. LAMB is soooo damn cheesy. Plus is just doesn't flow at ALL. TSE flows much better, especially considering it was some random tracks that were leftover from LAMB (leftover does not = shit, see Everything in Time by No Doubt for proof of this fact :p).

Meh. We have very different taste methinks!

You crayzee!!!!! *backs away*

TSE utterly pwns LAMB. LAMB is soooo damn cheesy. Plus is just doesn't flow at ALL. TSE flows much better, especially considering it was some random tracks that were leftover from LAMB (leftover does not = shit, see Everything in Time by No Doubt for proof of this fact :p).

Meh. We have very different taste methinks!

:( There's so little of the wit in LAMB on TSE. It all sounds thin and like a rush job.

Let me go back and review, I haven't listened properly in years:

Wind It Up - Like I say, I enjoy this as it's amusing, but the lyrics/song itself is so shit. It's saved from atrocity by great production.

The Sweet Escape - Decent/Good, but nowhere near the best songs on LAMB. Best lyrics on the album.

Orange County Girl - Eurgh. Hate her voice in this. Sounds like a joke song/an old woman doing something totally innapropriate for her. I heard a live version from the LAMB tour with different backing/production and it was way better.

Early Winter - I like this. Nothing amazing, but nice enough.

Now That You Got It - A decent track, but the Single Remix with Damien Marley is better.

4 In The Morning - Meh. Decent enough single - very nothing though.

Yummy - NOT Milkshake by Kelis, which Pharell wishes it was. I love it though, despite that.

Fluorescent - Meh. Definition of.

Breakin Up - Oh god.

Don't Get It Twisted - Another good one, I guess they had to shove a good one in to break the combo of atrocities.

Wonderful Life - :) Yeah, this is nice. And I like it a lot as the production is very close to LAMB.

Pretty sure Dan Dare is also adament TSE is better than LAMB but I won't hear it. :p

TSE is so patchy, and not at all a unified whole, since the quality shifts so dramatically song to song. V. Disappointing.

P.S I love every song on Everything In Time.

:( There's so little of the wit in LAMB on TSE. It all sounds thin and like a rush job.

Let me go back and review, I haven't listened properly in years:

Wind It Up - Like I say, I enjoy this as it's amusing, but the lyrics/song itself is so shit. It's saved from atrocity by great production.

The Sweet Escape - Decent/Good, but nowhere near the best songs on LAMB. Best lyrics on the album.

Orange County Girl - Eurgh. Hate her voice in this. Sounds like a joke song/an old woman doing something totally innapropriate for her. I heard a live version from the LAMB tour with different backing/production and it was way better.

Early Winter - I like this. Nothing amazing, but nice enough.

Now That You Got It - A decent track, but the Single Remix with Damien Marley is better.

4 In The Morning - Meh. Decent enough single - very nothing though.

Yummy - NOT Milkshake by Kelis, which Pharell wishes it was. I love it though, despite that.

Fluorescent - Meh. Definition of.

Breakin Up - Oh god.

Don't Get It Twisted - Another good one, I guess they had to shove a good one in to break the combo of atrocities.

Wonderful Life - :) Yeah, this is nice. And I like it a lot as the production is very close to LAMB.

Pretty sure Dan Dare is also adament TSE is better than LAMB but I won't hear it. :p

TSE is so patchy, and not at all a unified whole, since the quality shifts so dramatically song to song. V. Disappointing.

P.S I love every song on Everything In Time.

Ok we deffo have opposite tastes, cos i hate NTYGI, and Yummy (except the machine sounds at the end!). Especially NTYGI though, very generic and uninspired. But i like the rest. Agree that the live version of Orange County Girl is better, strange how they changed it so dramatically. Studio version sounds flat.

But you like Everything in Time! Woo hoo! :yay: