Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Retro_Link

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Bay talks....

On The Problems With Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen:

"On the second movie we got burned. We had a writers strike, we had to agree on a story in three weeks, and then we knew they were going on strike. It was a [frick]ed scenario all the way around, it wasn’t fair to the writer, it wasn’t fair to me, it wasn’t fair to anybody. It was still an entertaining movie, but I think we failed on certain aspects. What we did with this movie is I think we have a much better script, and we got back to basics. I think there’s some really cool action on this movie, there’s some very cool conspiracy, there’s great robot stuff in this that people were missing in the second one, you’ve got great robot conflict. So I’m excited about this movie."

On How The New Movie Will Improve Upon The Mistakes Of The Last One:

"It’s more serious. I got rid of the dorky comedy, I mean we’ve got two little characters, that’s it, but the dorkiness is not there. Dork-free Transformers. It’s much more serious. It’s still entertaining, it’s big looking. I think it’s much more compelling, what we did, how we funneled our action, what we’ve got our characters doing, they’ve got a lot more to do. My take on this movie was that I wanted to make the fighting a lot more personal. In the past two movies the cavalry has always came in, this time the cavalry isn’t coming. It’s black hawk down, a small group; they’re [frick]ed. It makes it more intimate."

On Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's Character:

"She worked for the English embassy as kind of an assistant. And Sam Witwicky has been dumped, and I’m not going to tell you how they meet."

On John Malkovich's Character:

"He’s Shia’s boss. Its funny, I was talking to Shia and we were talking about character. He’s like, I was the one who saved the world, and I should be set up. And I’m like, Shia, there’s people who do heroic things all over the country, and they’re not set up, they’re back to their mundane life. And he’s like, no; I’d be working for the government. And I said, well let’s just say you’re not working for the government."

On The Chances Of This Being The Last Installment In The Franchise:

"There’s a couple of things that are left open. I think you’ll see some finality to this, you know we’ve made it very clear that when things die they die now. They’re not magically being brought back."

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

It’s more serious.

Shia

I see a contradiction.

I was talking to Shia and we were talking about character. He’s like, I was the one who saved the world, and I should be set up. And I’m like, Shia, there’s people who do heroic things all over the country, and they’re not set up, they’re back to their mundane life. And he’s like, no; I’d be working for the government. And I said, well let’s just say you’re not working for the government

Yes. The person who is pretty much the ambassador for a race of alien machines doesn't get a government job. Instead he goes back to normal life. For once, Shia is completely right.

In a shit kind of way I enjoyed Transformers 2. But it's pretty obvious the first was better.

Apart from the almost Ozzy Osbourne style name, I look forward to this new movie. Interesting to see what rubbish they try to feed us about that robot on the moon, I'll stab someone if it's the decepticon leader.. like they need to introduce a new one every film. Megatron is the boss, leave it at that please.

like they need to introduce a new one every film. Megatron is the boss, leave it at that please.
That robot looks a tiny bit like Unicron but then I thought he's obviously way too small.
Shockwave has already been confirmed as the new main enemy for Transformer 3.

---

EFD95976FE8C29A2498A7DE4D52EF.jpg

Why's he trying to make the new Transformers in each movie, more and more human looking?... they look stupid!!! He did it with The Fallen and especially with Blackbird(was it?) who was rediculous, and now again with who I'm guessing is Shockwave in this.

Also a bit dissapointed because I thought the film was likely to have some Cybertron, but the finale of the film is set in Chicago.

Apart from the almost Ozzy Osbourne style name,
Do you not mean Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon? Edited by Retro_Link

Bah just put Unicron in it and be done with it all. Unicron eats everything everyone dies. Series over.

And best of all NO HOTROD.

No no. I don't want them to try and recreate the cartoon movie. However much a bit of Stan Bush would be welcome, they'll only fuck it up.

And massive fail on the Hot Rod hate. ::shrug:

I love Transformers. Yes, the second was shit but it was still Transformers so it was all good too me. I'm a bit anxious about this one and the trailer isn't helping. For a major action movie, it's one of the worst trailers i've ever seen.

Why is this film being dignified with a thread? Bay is possibly the worst director working in films today, perhaps other than Uwe Boll, but that is entirely debatable, and to heap upon the mountainous pile of feces that is his reputation, we have Transformers, probably one of the worst childrens television programmes ever, designed only as a propagation of and a marketing scheme for janky ass toys.

Is anyone genuinely excited for this?

I've nothing against Michael Bay, as he's given me the likes of The Rock, Armageddon, the awesome Bad Boys II and honestly I love the first Transformers!

He's had shit films, most of which I haven't seen, and personally I was majorly dissapointed with Transformers 2, but I'm largely looking forward to seeing this film!

If only it were done in such a way that I could ignore the 2nd ever existed!

Having no '3' in the title is a start, but unfortunately it would be pretty hard to look over Meagtron not being in a trench any more!

Why is this film being dignified with a thread? Bay is possibly the worst director working in films today, perhaps other than Uwe Boll, but that is entirely debatable, and to heap upon the mountainous pile of feces that is his reputation, we have Transformers, probably one of the worst childrens television programmes ever, designed only as a propagation of and a marketing scheme for janky ass toys.

Is anyone genuinely excited for this?

I love you. But seriously...

FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

Robots in disguise, dude.

I tried watching Beast Wars as a kid and it gave me the cerebral hemmorhage that resulted in my overwhelming sense of rage.

Not trying to be holier-than-thou because I loved Dragonball Z as a retarded child, but still, that shit stinks way less than Transformers, which could be considered the fecal equivalent of a hefty Cow pat to DBZ's fairly innocuous Pidgeon drizzle.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!