Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

So, we've done a bit of thinking and we've rang up somebody who is selling another car for £495. However, he has also agreed to pay £100 for my car, so it'll only cost me about 400 quid, with a year's MOT on it as well. So, I'm going to go down that route.

£100 is shit. You could get more than that for scrap value. We got quoted £140 for an N reg fiesta (http://cartakeback.com/ they collect as well). There's a scrapyard near me buying cars for £200.

£100 is shit. You could get more than that for scrap value. We got quoted £140 for an N reg fiesta (http://cartakeback.com/ they collect as well). There's a scrapyard near me buying cars for £200.

I'll have a look into that. Cheers, dude.

Cars are so expensive to upkeep. Each to their own, but can't fathom spending so much on transportation.

They are expensive, but it's important when you're trying to get to work. There are no nearby train stations to where I work, the buses will only go so far and at irregular times, and getting a taxi everyday is just out of the question. You could cycle, but it would take quite a long time to get there, and back, and it's impractical for taking things home when you want to do some work there.

It depends on your location, really. Living in London, you'd have access to the Tube which is great for getting about places. Here though, not really do-able or efficient.

I'll have a look into that. Cheers, dude.

They are expensive, but it's important when you're trying to get to work. There are no nearby train stations to where I work, the buses will only go so far and at irregular times, and getting a taxi everyday is just out of the question. You could cycle, but it would take quite a long time to get there, and back, and it's impractical for taking things home when you want to do some work there.

It depends on your location, really. Living in London, you'd have access to the Tube which is great for getting about places. Here though, not really do-able or efficient.

Yeah, my girlfriend lives in a village where there's one bus a week (which is being scrapped because of cuts).

The village literally has no shops, only a pub.

So... without a car what are you going to do?

Bike for 10 miles on dangerous country roads?

EDIT: I'll answer this myself.

It seems obvious.

Move?

Yeah, my girlfriend lives in a village where there's one bus a week (which is being scrapped because of cuts).

It seems obvious.

Move?

It always makes me wonder how people like your girlfriend must struggle to get food and stuff, if they haven't got access to a car or bus.

Moving is an option, but then the person moved there in the first place for a reason. Maybe because they liked that house, or having lots of free space around (countryside and shtuff) or...just not having the pressures of city life.

It seems obvious.

Move?

I'm the same. There's one post office (which I live in). The nearest public transport is a train station which I have to walk for 30-40 mins across fields.

For example to get to Sheffield I can get in the car and it will take me 20-25 minutes and cost less than a fiver in petrol there and back. Or can I spend 30 minutes walking to the nearest train station. About 10 minutes getting the train to Worksop (probably more) and then about 30 minutes on the train to Sheffield. Costing me about a tenner return in total. And that doesn't include waiting for the train.

Cars are so expensive to upkeep. Each to their own, but can't fathom spending so much on transportation.

Given my driving habits, using trains is much the same pricing when you take it into account. Yes I'm excluding insurance etc, but honestly it'd cost me more in trains and buses to get home from Cambridge or Sheffield than it ever does in petrol, regardless of how expensive it is.

Not to mention how easy it is, sure in Cambridge I could get away with a push bike, but when you're doing over 3 hour journeys it starts to become necessary, especially when you work nights.

Honestly, I'd take a motorbike over my car, but my poor little fiesta has helped me move about 6 people over the last three years into various housing, helped me see my ex in Essex (I used to drive in the middle of the night as he worked nights.), get to Cambridge and get home whenever I needed too, unfortunately for trains in this country, they stop dead after about 10 oclock at night and I cannot and will not be able to ever work around their timetable, it's ridiculous. I used to use them all the time and buses, when I was younger that was the only way I could travel as I never used my dad etc as taxis and taxis were too expensive, but now, I couldn't do any of the stuff without my car.

It probably doesn't justify for you, or perhaps for someone living in a city. But that doesn't mean that rule applies to everyone. A lot of people live in remote areas that have little in the ways of public transport.

Plus cars are awesome.

Cars are like... killing the planet.

Think of how more bad ass cars are compared to the planet.

They make the planet look like a pussy.

The only other thing that does that is the sun.

Therefore cars are equal in greatness to the sun.

Just think about how awesome the sun is, it's so awesome it has a capital.

The Sun.

Yeah baby.

Been playing in a chess tournament for months. First round ended and I didn't realise it and new round started and I went away and and and and...

You have a 2-day time limit to make a move. I was away from INTERNETS fo two and a half days. Some stupid bitch claimed a win on TIME becaue I didn't make a move because I was away for two days and didn't check because I didn't know the second round had started because because because...

Just pissed me off. She was cheap. Four games at once -the other three guys let the clock run down and wait til I made a move. She just went and got the points. Going to fuck her up now plz k thannnks!

Also; long weekend. Typng this post instead of being in bed. Hating tomorrw. HAATee egveYwerwetoabslgaldjg just don't want to NO DON't-- ok you made m... ok I mad emyself. SHUDHSDINDSG