N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

I'm worrying myself over money, particularly as my job doesn't pay well. I'm increasingly tempted to look for weekend work, but I don't really know what kind. Thinking of doing some tutoring, but not sure where to look and what the hours are like.

I really just want something to help me pay off this damn overdraft and have enough to start actually saving money. Well, being in plus money, at least.

I feel exactly the same.. I've been totting up an idea of how much my living expenses would be if I had a mortgage for a 75k house... and with that, car and basic amenities, I'm looking at around 950 of my 1100 pay. That's based on no emergencies, extra petrol or extra anything happening each month!! And a 75k house is by no means much either. If I had to have a new car (obviously on finance) even the cheapest option would take me well out of my means...

I was looking into applying for a job in the place I work. As its 24 hour they have evening staff in and I know the guys would definitely consider me (its a different "company" as such so I would still have to apply)... but its like.. do I want to sell my soul to the grind?

Because no programme is called 0.323518821146213.2134354.exe and masquerades as Command Prompt.

Also found some files at the same time, changing registry to open up nltysmms.exe upon loading MSN, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Sidebar and Media Tray.

Malwarebytes picked up the first one, but the second one was getting through all my virus scans and it was self replicating whenever I removed any part of it. I had to rewrite some registry to prevent it replicating and remove it

You know when you were virus scanning, were you doing it in safe mode? I've had a few viruses very similar and malware tended to pick them end on safe mode rather than normal.

You know when you were virus scanning, were you doing it in safe mode? I've had a few viruses very similar and malware tended to pick them end on safe mode rather than normal.

Yeah, I was...think that's how I was able to stop it. I managed to prevent it from gaining control and booted straight into safe mode afterwards

I just got my final grade back for a summer course I took, and I got a D in it, which seems odd, as the final exam was only worth 30% and all my coursework was above 70%, most of it above 80%. I know I screwed up on the exam, but not that badly. I suppose I'll have to find out what the grade appeal process is like at my university now.

Edit: Just found out that my friend who was doing worse than me got a B+. Something really dosen't add up.

Edited by Emasher

I just got my final grade back for a summer course I took, and I got a D in it, which seems odd, as the final exam was only worth 30% and all my coursework was above 70%, most of it above 80%. I know I screwed up on the exam, but not that badly. I suppose I'll have to find out what the grade appeal process is like at my university now.

Edit: Just found out that my friend who was doing worse than me got a B+. Something really dosen't add up.

suspicious.jpg

I smell shenanigans ...

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Bad stuff?

I was out tonight. Getting on well with a girl when I got the fateful line, "I need to find my friends". Nooooooooo!

I thought I'd done so well isolating her, giving her all t chat, (not buying her any drinks), that we were passed that. But no, it was to no avail.

Bad stuff?

I was out tonight. Getting on well with a girl when I got the fateful line, "I need to find my friends". Nooooooooo!

I thought I'd done so well isolating her, giving her all t chat, (not buying her any drinks), that we were passed that. But no, it was to no avail.

lol, you sound like some sexual predator.

Edit: damn, too late!

Damn man, at least take them somewhere classy like Alton Towers forest before raping them. Jeez.

This is good advice. Because we enjoyed the day so much, we decided not to press charges against nightwolf.

I'm worrying myself over money, particularly as my job doesn't pay well. I'm increasingly tempted to look for weekend work, but I don't really know what kind. Thinking of doing some tutoring, but not sure where to look and what the hours are like.

Can't you just advertise in the local paper and such? Try advertising in shop windows/noticeboards as well. Also the school might be able to point you in the right direction.

My schedule for the coming semester:

2ndyeartimetable.jpg

On the days that I don't finish uni at 5, I've got training at 6 or 7. Saturdays are technically free, but I'm away doing something in a different city 80% of weekends, and on the ones that I'm not I'll be training for 6 hours on the Sunday.

Starting to wonder about my decision to do the more difficult degree that necessitates a 5-hour-per-week optional unit...

My schedule for the coming semester:

2ndyeartimetable.jpg

On the days that I don't finish uni at 5, I've got training at 6 or 7. Saturdays are technically free, but I'm away doing something in a different city 80% of weekends, and on the ones that I'm not I'll be training for 6 hours on the Sunday.

Starting to wonder about my decision to do the more difficult degree that necessitates a 5-hour-per-week optional unit...

I used to have classes that lasted til 9pm. It was a right nightmare.

Suck it up. :laughing: