Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Snowing

Mokong

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok soo wheres peoples views the rules stand on making reasonable effort to get to work...it seems at my place if you live far enough away and its unsafe to drive then you don't have to come in and get paid in full...however if you can walk in you have to regardless of how dangerous you feel the walk may be....

Ok soo wheres peoples views the rules stand on making reasonable effort to get to work...it seems at my place if you live far enough away and its unsafe to drive then you don't have to come in and get paid in full...however if you can walk in you have to regardless of how dangerous you feel the walk may be....

I make every effort to get into work, and only if i can't make it in then i don't go in. Believe me, there is nothing better than going to work.

I did once have to buy more socks just to get to work once, because i could make it to Chepstow (where i worked) but not down the hill in my shoes. It was practically an ice-rink, so the socks gave me the grip needed to get down.

I still reckon the kids should work back the time they are spending off school. You gotta do it with work, unless you take a holiday. It's a fair system i think, take the 1/2 term holiday away or something.

I think people should go in anyway. Driving in snow is fine, just very slow.

I make every effort to get into work, and only if i can't make it in then i don't go in. Believe me, there is nothing better than going to work.

I did once have to buy more socks just to get to work once, because i could make it to Chepstow (where i worked) but not down the hill in my shoes. It was practically an ice-rink, so the socks gave me the grip needed to get down.

I still reckon the kids should work back the time they are spending off school. You gotta do it with work, unless you take a holiday. It's a fair system i think, take the 1/2 term holiday away or something.

yeah i agree. where i work if people ring in who live far and say they don't want to risk driving and don't feel safe then thats it they don't come in and they get paid. When it was snowing last time people got a week off pulling that shit. Yet I need to work a day extra at the weekend, so I can get time off to finish a day early to fly to canada for xmas...sucks double standards....

We've had snow non-stop for hours here. I reach out of my window and find the decilious crush as I attempt to account for each snowdrop. There's been 4 inches of snow since 10pm and it's still falling solidly. it's beautiful. My view is normally a couple of miles stretched, but tonight I can barely see 1k. The powder has piled up on my roof, anfd it's magical! I've burst out laughing several times.

dan likes trees - Your life always looks like some Apple lifestyle photo shoot with a hipster slant to it. I want photos as nice as the ones you always seem to have :P

In other news, Southampton finally got some snow today. The view from my window is now quite lovely. I do hope the snow is all gone by the time I need to travel back to Newcastle though, or that the transport system might have learned to cope with it.

Out heavy snowfall finally arrived in Southampton last night - we must have had at least six or seven inches. Trying to decide whether or not to go to work today (I'm a teacher). Last time this happened, my school was one of the only ones in the city to stay open, and about five children in each class turned up. We babysat them for a few hours, and then the head decided to close at lunchtime - total waste of time!

dan likes trees - Your life always looks like some Apple lifestyle photo shoot with a hipster slant to it. I want photos as nice as the ones you always seem to have :P

Haaahaha I enjoy the description!

Where abouts in Leeds is that? It looks familiar...is it Bramley?

Naw Hyde Park, north Leeds, on the way to Headingley :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!