NEurope
Mokong

Snowing

Why would you wanna drive to the pub?

Don't ask me, friend said he wouldn't have a drink and suggested driving.

It's about 10cm deep here, i love it!

Walked past this hill that's usually got a few people sledging, there must of been at least 20 people on it today.

Went out to 'test' the snow today (Really, I just wanted an excuse to jump in it like a big kid and see how deep it was :D). In the bit I jumped into, it went up to and beyond my knees (I'm 6 foot 2/3). And I know that that isn't the deepest area.

It's only snowed once so far, on Monday morning and even then only for about 10 minutes :sad: Haven't even had to de-ice my car for the last 2 mornings. Last year the rest of the country had all the fun and Cambridge got about a cm tops. How rubbish.

Just walked 8 urban miles. My boots are hardcore. I'm zooming past everyone else as their feet fumble. The best advantage of the snow? It's much more reflective so I can see where I'm going in teh dark! Huzzah!

so jealous of you guys with snow got nothing in newport still :(

I'd be more than happy for you to take the snow away from me. Awful stuff. Probably the only weather (that I've experienced) that I hate.

so jealous of you guys with snow got nothing in newport still :(

Want the news

We may get some snow tonight, not much though. Then the forecast says rain as it seems to be warming up over the weekend.

Ok soo wheres peoples views the rules stand on making reasonable effort to get to work...it seems at my place if you live far enough away and its unsafe to drive then you don't have to come in and get paid in full...however if you can walk in you have to regardless of how dangerous you feel the walk may be....

Ok soo wheres peoples views the rules stand on making reasonable effort to get to work...it seems at my place if you live far enough away and its unsafe to drive then you don't have to come in and get paid in full...however if you can walk in you have to regardless of how dangerous you feel the walk may be....

I make every effort to get into work, and only if i can't make it in then i don't go in. Believe me, there is nothing better than going to work.

I did once have to buy more socks just to get to work once, because i could make it to Chepstow (where i worked) but not down the hill in my shoes. It was practically an ice-rink, so the socks gave me the grip needed to get down.

I still reckon the kids should work back the time they are spending off school. You gotta do it with work, unless you take a holiday. It's a fair system i think, take the 1/2 term holiday away or something.

I think people should go in anyway. Driving in snow is fine, just very slow.

I make every effort to get into work, and only if i can't make it in then i don't go in. Believe me, there is nothing better than going to work.

I did once have to buy more socks just to get to work once, because i could make it to Chepstow (where i worked) but not down the hill in my shoes. It was practically an ice-rink, so the socks gave me the grip needed to get down.

I still reckon the kids should work back the time they are spending off school. You gotta do it with work, unless you take a holiday. It's a fair system i think, take the 1/2 term holiday away or something.

yeah i agree. where i work if people ring in who live far and say they don't want to risk driving and don't feel safe then thats it they don't come in and they get paid. When it was snowing last time people got a week off pulling that shit. Yet I need to work a day extra at the weekend, so I can get time off to finish a day early to fly to canada for xmas...sucks double standards....

It was practically an ice-rink, so the socks gave me the grip needed to get down.

I prefer using shoes but you know, whatever works for you.

I prefer using shoes but you know, whatever works for you.

I took my shoes off, and walked down in the socks. Feet were fookin freezin after mind. I suppose the heat from my feet allowed the ice to melt a bit as well.

So I bottled going out because I reckon it'll be too icy on the roads and a bit unsafe. But now I'm not going to live this down and being pestered by my friends who did venture out.

Finally getting a decent snowfall. It's been snowing for at least 2 hours now and settling too!

Should be well covered by tomorrow morning :bouncy:

We've had snow non-stop for hours here. I reach out of my window and find the decilious crush as I attempt to account for each snowdrop. There's been 4 inches of snow since 10pm and it's still falling solidly. it's beautiful. My view is normally a couple of miles stretched, but tonight I can barely see 1k. The powder has piled up on my roof, anfd it's magical! I've burst out laughing several times.

dan likes trees - Your life always looks like some Apple lifestyle photo shoot with a hipster slant to it. I want photos as nice as the ones you always seem to have :P

In other news, Southampton finally got some snow today. The view from my window is now quite lovely. I do hope the snow is all gone by the time I need to travel back to Newcastle though, or that the transport system might have learned to cope with it.

Snow is awesome, proof:

pics

To conclude: stunning amounts up in Leeds

Where abouts in Leeds is that? It looks familiar...is it Bramley?

Out heavy snowfall finally arrived in Southampton last night - we must have had at least six or seven inches. Trying to decide whether or not to go to work today (I'm a teacher). Last time this happened, my school was one of the only ones in the city to stay open, and about five children in each class turned up. We babysat them for a few hours, and then the head decided to close at lunchtime - total waste of time!

Bournemouth too has had similar heavy snow, for the first time in ages. It's been snowing for like 9 hours which never happens :)

Im so glad it didnt snow here again last night, today is pretty much the only day I can get out of the house into town so I didnt want to have to miss it.

Problem is though, my mum is currently on holiday in Eygpt and is due to be flying back tomorrow night, possibly to Gatwick.

dan likes trees - Your life always looks like some Apple lifestyle photo shoot with a hipster slant to it. I want photos as nice as the ones you always seem to have :P

Haaahaha I enjoy the description!

Where abouts in Leeds is that? It looks familiar...is it Bramley?

Naw Hyde Park, north Leeds, on the way to Headingley :)