The Wolverine

Retro_Link

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wolverine 3?

Anyway, yeah....thoroughly enjoyed that movie. First two acts are nicely (fairly slow) paced, with few action scenes, but AWESOME ones (the train scene....wow), and the final act is a bit nuts but still awesome.

Really liked it.

Also really liked that awesomeness that happened. And. Etc.

Mid-credits scene was awesome tastic.

I seen it last night and really enjoyed it. It felt a lot more grounded than the other superhero films that we have had lately and it was a MASSIVE improvement over the last one. Which isn't that hard to be honest.

I have to say though, the chick that played Yukio has to be one of the weirdest looking people I have seen on a big screen. She looks like one of those typical roswell style aliens.

Saw it last night and LOVED IT :D

First I must say I was surprised to see Jean Grey play such a big role. I figured if she was gonna be in it would just be a flashback to end of Last Stand but she just kept popping up, albiet a vision in Wolverines mind but still was interesting. Her last appearence too at the end when Wolverine finally "let go" also felt a bit like it might not have just been Wolverine imagining it but maybe Jeans consciousness might be stuck in a limbo ("You're gonna leave me here alone") and was actually commuicating with Logan?

The Silver Samurai was cool, bit odd that it wasn't Harada and that it ended up being like an Iron Man suit but was still awesome for the final fight scene.

Was very interesting how they decided to use so few mutants too. Other than Wolverine there was only Yukio who had visable power and then Viper (who I had to look up afterwards as I didn't recognise her... they basically took a non-mutant from teh Marvel universe and made her a mutant here :heh:)

The scene on the train was super awesome too. I was worried the trailer would have spoiled the best parts of it but it only showed a tiny bit and it was a much longer scene than I expected.

The final battle with Silver Samurai was awesome as I said and was surprised as hell when they cut off the claws. If course I knew the bones would grow back but Wolverine without the adamantium claws now makes me sad :(

I was actually expecting him after the fight to find some liquid adamantium in the lab left over from the Silver Samurais armour and dip his bone claws into it and it somehow come out a perfect balde again :heh:

When that didn't happen I was thinking maybe in the bonus scene Magneto will appear and use his powers to rebond the metal to Logans claws.... Then when I saw it take place in an airport I was think "that would be an odd place to decide to re-metal his claws :heh:

But yeah the bonus scene was AWESOME. As I said expected Magneto to appear, didn't expect Prof. X :D And the Trask Industries ad on the TV...AWESOME :D

Nice little set up for Days of Future Past. Wondering will "future" Wolverine have metal claws again at the start and if they'll just brush it aside with a simple explantion one line dialogue or actually show how he gets it back...or leave him with the bone claws?

Also it amazes me how many people still get up and leave as soon as the see credits, you'd think by now people would know there would be a bonus scene in these kind of films :heh:

Watched this on Friday, i thought it was really good.

I was a bit disappionted about the lack of mutants in it. Really only Wolverine and Viper (future predicting woman really doesn't count - she wasn't even that good at it.). I thought it a bit weird that in the entirety of the Yakuza (or whatever they are called) they didn't have a single mutant? But anyway, it didn't spoil it for long. I really liked the story, although they really left the 'reveal' of what the hell the baddies were up to until really late in the film. I was utterly confused as to what they were doing right up until the Samurai started drilling. I'd guessed that thingamiebob wasn't dead, but as to why they cut off his claws i had no idea (this is mainly due to me forgetting that Wolverine still has his normal bones underneath his adamantium. I thought he'd just had his skeleton replaced; why are they drilling into his metal bones i thought....)

Anywho, film was good - credits scene was even better.

Saw this last night, on the whole thought it was a good film but...

I kept pretty in the dark about this, and assumed being in Japan it'd actually have a focus of some sort on Logan's japanese backstories like the comics. Instead he was a fresh off the boat tourist, and that annoyed me a little bit. However, I can't criticise doing new things and new directions, especially when trying to fit with the other films, so other than that I thought it was pretty decent as a film really.

Two things I'll say in its favour though - it managed to keep me guessing as to what the final end would be, and I don't think there was any point I felt bored. Oftentimes recently when I've seen a film I've felt drags in places, but this kept me going somehow!

Edited by Rummy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just saw this and thought it was pretty good. I didnt absolutely hate his first movie but this was much better.

Had a thought about Jean Grey as well. I noticed at the end when she says "You're gonna leave me here alone" she is a white room with lots of lens flare. Now this could just be me reaching or maybe a small nod to fans but in the comics dead Jean is in a place called the "White Hot Room" which is both something to do with the afterlife and has a connection to the Phoenix and the imagery they used immediately made me think of that.

Did not enjoy this one bit. Nonsensical plot, some crappy effects and a predictable ending.

Hugh Jackman as always is great. But he deserves better than this half-baked turd of a movie.

He had a big part in the making of this movie though didn't he, in terms of getting it made and helping on the the story and script?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!